Grace Clinton | on loan at Spurs - gets England start

MUW4Eva

Good to have her on board, with the loss/departure of a fair few younger developmental players, it is nice to have someone young joining us.

Although where she fits in with Jones still here, I am not so sure.....

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike

She's now on loan at Bristol. I think Skinner hinted earlier in the season that she wasn't yet ready for regular first team football at United so hopefully she gets plenty of game time at Bristol. From the little that we have seen of her, she looks talented and capable of making an impact in the Championship. Good luck to her!

Eric_the_Red99

First senior call-up to the England squad today, one of five United players.

You can almost make a full England 11 of current and former United players now.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Ridiculous she is out on loan.
That's what I thought but at the same time, would Skinner have given her the gametime ?

I guess it's like a new signing for next season at least

Anyway good reminder for me to post the line up in the football forum

Scanny

That's what I thought but at the same time, would Skinner have given her the gametime ?

I guess it's like a new signing for next season at least

Anyway good reminder for me to post the line up in the football forum
My point being that clearly she is ready for first team football so why not at United?

Skinner and his blinkers again.

Anyway Clinton just hit the post for England on her debut.

Scanny

And now she has scored.

United’s midfield has been poor all season and yet the club chose to loan Clinton out to a WSL competitor. Bizarre.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
And now she has scored.

United’s midfield has been poor all season and yet the club chose to loan Clinton out to a WSL competitor. Bizarre.
She needed match time. We know she wouldn't have got it with us, so we just have to be grateful to Spurs :smirk:

It's hard bringing young players through into a team. Skinner struggles to see how to fit experienced trophy winners into the team, or even into a rotation - so the odds would have been against her.

Scanny

She needed match time. We know she wouldn't have got it with us, so we just have to be grateful to Spurs :smirk:

It's hard bringing young players through into a team. Skinner struggles to see how to fit experienced trophy winners into the team, or even into a rotation - so the odds would have been against her.
Hence it is time for another manager. So many players not used and then leave over his period in charge.

Demon Barber

I thought she had a really good game. Pleased for her that she got her goal.

We all know that Skinner is set in his ways, and we already have five or six quality midfielders, but I really hope that he can see that she is deserving of game time at United

ForeverRed1

I thought she had a really good game. Pleased for her that she got her goal.

We all know that Skinner is set in his ways, and we already have five or six quality midfielders, but I really hope that he can see that she is deserving of game time at United
Knowing us, she’ll sign for Arsenal/chelsea/city soon enough.

Ekeke

Didnt realize shes on loan from United, was aware that shes having a great season at Spurs though

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Tbf it's pretty refreshing for one of our loans to be going really well. Hopefully she gets a fair shot with us next season.

Universal61

Hence it is time for another manager. So many players not used and then leave over his period in charge.
skinner is not an elite manager championship level at best he doesnt know how to motivate or change a side

Demon Barber

Clinton simply has to start in midfield for us next season. She has been excellent for Spurs this year and her two performances for England were outstanding. She is such a dynamic driving force.