Graeme Souness: Pogba can't be trusted and should be used as impact sub

kirk buttercup

I can imagine him at home kicking the cat muttering to himself like a madman wishing he still had his tasche . Dickhead.

keener

I think Pog draws so much attention and over analysis by the media because he is a big money signing, and a loud personality with his social media presences etc... BUT I listen to the commentators and I wonder whether they actually watch all of our games or just highlights. Even in the 1st world cup game, the commentators doing the game were talking about how he wasn't taking over the game. In my opinion, most of this criticism is lazy commentating by media that are looking to dig at us. Paul is still growing as a player but he's growing quickly and growing well.

He's one of if not our most creative players. He has a special kind of touch on his passes and he has bravery and ambition to try. He will become the best box to box midfielder in the world within 24 mos. Once he gets even more time with the likes of big Rom, Rashford and Sanchez, I think he will come into his own as the orchestrator of this team.

maniwin

I think Pog draws so much attention and over analysis by the media because he is a big money signing, and a loud personality with his social media presences etc... BUT I listen to the commentators and I wonder whether they actually watch all of our games or just highlights. Even in the 1st world cup game, the commentators doing the game were talking about how he wasn't taking over the game. In my opinion, most of this criticism is lazy commentating by media that are looking to dig at us. Paul is still growing as a player but he's growing quickly and growing well.

He's one of if not our most creative players. He has a special kind of touch on his passes and he has bravery and ambition to try. He will become the best box to box midfielder in the world within 24 mos. Once he gets even more time with the likes of big Rom, Rashford and Sanchez, I think he will come into his own as the orchestrator of this team.
or just reading twitter comment from United anti. They don't know what he can do on the pitch.

99withaflake

The next best thing to England winning it would be for Pogba to have a great final, and tell Souness to feck off after the match with a medal round his neck.

BlueHaze

The man is a walking dry plum. How people give him any attention is beyond me.

Kaarel

How is this racist? You people and Twitter are imagining things. The old man is just mumbling, at no point is he trying to say Africa or call him the N word.

St Red

KRAP
As great a player as he was, I'm no fan of Souness the man.
But, I suspect if the content being discussed had come from Roy Keane, there would be no thread about it.

Pogba has in no way been consistently good enough, and too many pundits have questioned his best position for it not to be a genuine concern.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Those teeth are brighter than white paint. That's all I can say.

If you have a 4k UHD TV I recommend you not to watch him talking because of two simple reasons :
1. He often talks shit
2. You'll get blind

99withaflake

How is this racist? You people and Twitter are imagining things. The old man is just mumbling, at no point is he trying to say Africa or call him the N word.
He started saying 'Afr...." and then stopped. He got confused. Which other international team could have popped into his head that started with the letters afr?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
But, I suspect if the content being discussed had come from Roy Keane, there would be no thread about it.

Pogba has in no way been consistently good enough, and too many pundits have questioned his best position for it not to be a genuine concern.
A Roy Keane thread is bumped or created everytime he speaks about United, to be fair. This isn't just because he's Souness.

Joseforever

You can tell why he failed as a manager with some of the rubbish he talks on TV. Remember this the same guy who signed Ali Dia.

Can't stand Souness he's so biased towards the scousers and hates us so much I sometimes forgot I am watching Sky Sports or LFC TV.

Zoo

If Keane had told Deschamps to use Pogba as an impact sub he would have been mocked too. Souness is a bitter, obsessed failed manager and Deschamps is now a WC winning manager.

RedNed77

Tbf to Sourness he does know an impact sub when he sees one. Ali Dia completely changed that game that time when he brought him on. Never let it be said that Sourness can’t spot a player or deploy him at the right moment.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He started saying 'Afr...." and then stopped. He got confused. Which other international team could have popped into his head that started with the letters afr?
I’m not defending him but how do you know he wasn’t about to say “a France team” then just changed it to France.

Africa and a France both start and sound the same.

It’s not like people on the internet to assume the worst tho and try to dig out a non story

Un4givableB

If Keane had told Deschamps to use Pogba as an impact sub he would have been mocked too. Souness is a bitter, obsessed failed manager and Deschamps is now a WC winning manager.
100% right

We bought him because of his form for Juventus, it's the managers job to work out how to get the best out of a world class player.

Minimalist

Still think Souness is one of the more sensible pundits on most issues when he’s watching a game. There’s no denying he’s a grumpy bastard though and clearly has players he won’t say a good word about. Not sure that matters though given the last performance by Pogba. He was shite - if anything Souness was kind with him.

It's just funny now. It must have killed a little piece of his soul when Pogba won the biggest trophy of them all.

Josep Dowling

Christ did anybody listen to his debate with Neville :houllier:
I hate Souness but agreed with him over Neville. Neville was chatting drivel there.

Lukaku wanted to leave for starters, Ole didn’t get rid of him. Also Lukaku as an option right now is better than that situation we are in. Manager and board are to blame for not bringing in more players.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I hate Souness but agreed with him over Neville. Neville was chatting drivel there.

Lukaku wanted to leave for starters, Ole didn’t get rid of him. Also Lukaku as an option right now is better than that situation we are in. Manager and board are to blame for not bringing in more players.
Ole did. If Ole wanted him to stay he wouldn't have sold him, see Pogba.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...

The only one chatting drivel was Souness just aggressively yelling shit when it didn't even go against what Neville said. Neville said Rashford needs help, so Souness proceeds to yell for minutes about how Rashford isn't good enough and needs help.

Then seems completely perplexed at the idea of managers wanting specific types of players. Which is only response "goals, sign anyone, goals, need goals, goals." Completely ignoring Neville's whole point.

Lukaku left because Ole didn't want him.

Josep Dowling

Ole did. If Ole wanted him to stay he wouldn't have sold him, see Pogba.
Except Ole came out in an interview and said both Lukaku and Sanchez wanted to leave. ‘There is no point keeping players that don’t want to be here’.

Another reason to sack him if he thought Rashford and Martial would replace the goals of a 20 goal a season striker.

Josep Dowling

The only one chatting drivel was Souness just aggressively yelling shit when it didn't even go against what Neville said. Neville said Rashford needs help, so Souness proceeds to yell for minutes about how Rashford isn't good enough and needs help.

Then seems completely perplexed at the idea of managers wanting specific types of players. Which is only response "goals, sign anyone, goals, need goals, goals." Completely ignoring Neville's whole point.

Lukaku left because Ole didn't want him.
How is he wrong? We are two points from the relegation zone. This is the reality. We don’t have time to transition our gameplay if we can’t even win game. And anyway at what point has Ole proved to have a style of football as a manager? It’s basically counter attack which doesn’t work against 14 of the teams in the league, or park the bus.

At this moment in time we need points on the board to survive this season.