Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
"No one"? So you speak for everyone? Where did you gain that status?

I don't care about the clubs that pundits played for, I just want them to have passion and avoid sitting on the fence.

I like Souness and Keane as they're cut from the same cloth.

I'm expecting to be slaughtered for saying that I like hearing Souness talk about football. I don't care. We aren't zombies. We're allowed to have different opinions.

Don't like it? Meh. I genuinely don't care.

All these insults directed at Souness is a backhanded compliment. Ignorance is the biggest diss.
He spouts a lot of shit and his dislike towards Pogba was disgusting even if I wasn't a big fan of Pogba. It was a genuine hatred from Souness. If I want to see bitter a old man constantly moaning about United and it's players I'd sign up to RAWK, it doesn't take much.

Last edited:

sepulturite

I don't care about the clubs that pundits played for, I just want them to have passion and avoid sitting on the fence.

I'm expecting to be slaughtered for saying that I like hearing Souness talk about football. I don't care. We aren't zombies. We're allowed to have different opinions.

All these insults directed at Souness is a backhanded compliment. Ignorance is the biggest diss.
You sound like a Liverpool fan, who do you support?

TheBatman

You're absolutely right, of course you're allowed to like Souness as a pundit.

But it's just wrong to call him 'passionate'. He doesn't come across as passionate. He comes across as a miserable git who doesn't think much of any of the teams he's watching and doesn't enjoy doing it. He moans and whinges and belittles and generally creates an unpleasant viewing experience regardless of what team you support. Then if you are a United fan, you also have to listen to the sound of him grinding that axe of his.
You obviously forgot his analysis at the previous Euros when he was waxing lyrical about Billy Gilmour after dominating the England midfield. ;)

He spouts a lot of shit and his dislike towards Pogba was disgusting even if I wasn't a big fan of Pogba. It was a genuine hatred. If I want to see bitter a old man constantly moaning about United and it's players I'd sign up to RAWK, it doesn't take much.
It was genuine hatred. He just resented the fact that Pogba was a genuine generational talent but his application didn't match it.

As a United fan I resented Pogba for it.

Some people even called Souness a racist because of it. Which is nonsense. Souness just doesn't like slackers. I remember him treatment of McCoist when he was Rangers manager.

It's funny to me that so many people get hot under the collar when it comes to pundits. People just don't like honesty. He was 100% correct about Paul Pogba but you'll still have people saying that he had a hidden agenda.

Do a Google search of "Roy Keane's scathing rant on Paul pogba". Keane says that Pogba Is a problem. That he doesn't lead by example. That Pogba doesn't make his team better, he plays for himself. He doesn't run back.

If you agree with Keane's assessment then you have to agree with Souness's, as they're the same.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

What are thoughts on what he said about our protests against the Glazers? Quotes below.

"They’ve risked things to buy Manchester United, since then, they’ve given successive managers fortunes to spend. It’s only since Fergie stopped that the success has stopped and I think that irritates supporters and they have become the focus of their anger. I think it’s slightly misdirected".

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
You obviously forgot his analysis at the previous Euros when he was waxing lyrical about Billy Gilmour after dominating the England midfield. ;)

It was genuine hatred. He just resented the fact that Pogba was a genuine generational talent but his application didn't match it.

Some people even called Souness a racist because of it. Which is nonsense. Souness just doesn't like slackers. I remember him treatment of McCoist when he was Rangers manager.

It's funny to me that so many people get hot under the collar when it comes to pundits. People just don't like honesty. He was 100% correct about Paul Pogba but you'll still have people saying that he had a hidden agenda.

Do a Google search of "Roy Keane's scathing rant on Paul pogba". Keane says that Pogba Is a problem. That he doesn't lead by example. That Pogba doesn't make his team better, he plays for himself. He doesn't run back.

If you agree with Keane's assessment then you have to agree with Souness's, as they're the same.
Keane being the same as Souness? I have seen it all. Go back to batmobile, youre drunk.

diarm

To be fair, I’d say Keane and Souness are not that dissimilar when it comes to their expectations of players, and their contempt for lads who don’t work hard.

Souness just lacks Keanes wit and comic timing. Where Keane will cut someone to the bone and make it sound hilarious, Souness just comes across as dour and cantankerous.

Dan_F

You're right about Sutton. He's cut from the same cloth as Souness.

I was listening to the radio on the way home from the game on Sunday. Sutton was asked who he thought would reach the FA Cup final and he said it would be a Chelsea vs Coventry final. The bloke isn't even subtle in his hatred towards United.
I stopped listening to 606 when Savage and Sutton started doing it, especially Sutton. He just purposely says stuff slightly controversial to get more listeners or interactions on social media, and well aware that United have the biggest fan base/easiest target.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

To be fair the entire media went way overboard in its criticism of Pogba. He actually from a deeper position on the pitch averaged a goal or assist every 195 mins for us. His performances week in week out were nowhere near as bad as made out in the media.

Where do Souness and Keane differ? Keane has been highly critical of probably every United player over the last 6/7/8 years and rightly so. While Souness is still ranting about a player who left 18 months ago after being one of the better performing players in his time here.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft

I like Souness a lot more than Carragher. He does revel in us doing badly but Roy did the same to them (remember "bad champions" in 2021?), its normal. He was also right about Pogba. The only time Souness ever really annoyed me was last year after the 7-0 when him and Carragher were like pigs in shit not willing to hear that it was a fluke result.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah its crazy taking things people say about themselves seriously, isn't it?

Around 45:10

Yes we've all heard the quote about Spurs.

He's such an unusual guy very bloody minded. You listen to him and he's so bitter about Fergie, refuses to admit he himself put any more effort or had leadership out of the ordinary.

His best ever United team was hilarious, leaving out Fergie favourites to try and make a point and included players Fergie fell out with like Ince.

But to try and argue Keane isn't pro United and thus a fan of us is just silly.

Withnail

Yes we've all heard the quote about Spurs.

He's such an unusual guy very bloody minded. You listen to him and he's so bitter about Fergie, refuses to admit he himself put any more effort or had leadership out of the ordinary.

His best ever United team was hilarious, leaving out Fergie favourites to try and make a point and included players Fergie fell out with like Ince.

But to try and argue Keane isn't pro United and thus a fan of us is just silly.
I think you're conflating the two. I'm not sure anyone said he wasn't pro United but that doesn't mean he's a United fan.

He's played for the club and has an affinity obviously and wants us to do well given our stature and the standards that should be kept here but he's not a fan and never claimed to be. When he's referrered to as a fan he sets the record straight.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think you're conflating the two. I'm not sure anyone said he wasn't pro United but that doesn't mean he's a United fan.

He's played for the club and has an affinity obviously and wants us to do well given our stature and the standards that should be kept here but he's not a fan and never claimed to be. When he's referrered to as a fan he sets the record straight.
It's semantics. You're taking it in a literal supported a club as a kid can only ever support one club style. Whereas most take it in the Rio style of becoming a fan because you were a legend for the club style.

Withnail

It's semantics. You're taking it in a literal supported a club as a kid can only ever support one club style. Whereas most take it in the Rio style of becoming a fan because you were a legend for the club style.
I think the facts, rather than semantics. I'd call Rio a fan with the way he carries on. There's a difference.