Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

AndyJ1985

He's a miserable old scrote but I quite like him as a pundit. I always appreciate someone who is straight talking rather than wet farts like Neville and co who are scared to upset their English buddies.

lsd

The Oracle
Yet again a pundit actually being honest and saying what most people think is accused of being bitter and twisted

Fridge chutney

Yet again a pundit actually being honest and saying what most people think is accused of being bitter and twisted
He is particularly bitter and disingenuous towards United, which is why many United fans do not like him, myself included. Can't imagine an ex united pundit who was as bitter towards Liverpool would be well received in Merseyside.

He adds different perspective. I'll give him that.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
He seems bitter towards all team to be honest. Always looking to slate arsenal too, even on the rare occasions we do well.

Think he just hates himself.

devil in me

I like him, and ive never actually found him to be anti United. Weve been shite for the last 3 seasons....pundits are bound to call us out. Thats not being bitter/anti united/whatever.

Bojan11

Redknapp is a bitter cnut.

Someone should tell him only two of Mourinhos signings played tonight.

Big Andy

Bloke
Souness just added £20m to Pogba's cost...

He really is a complete dickhead...

Chorley1974

Lady Ole

a very bitter cnut, gets cut a lot of slack as his dad seems like a decent guy. Have no time for this cnut in the media, enjoy flintoff running rings round him in they think it's all over.

TheReligion

Abusive

Souness and Redknapp right now :houllier:

Wankers
Pair of idiots aren't they?

Redknapp arguing it's not a transitional season because the team on the pitch is expensive, then it's pointed out to him that isn't what it means and it's about Mourinho being in the job less than a year so he replies 'well he's spent lots of money though'.

Jesus wept. What do these guys earn again. I'd get more insight talking to a glass of water about footballs finer points.

Jonno

Redknapp is obsessed with how much our team cost. Yet he doesn't see that it's been constructed by Moyes, LVG and with Fergies left overs.... and expects Mourinho to win everything with only 4 signings in his first season :lol:

What did Liverpool or Spurs win? So bitter!

Gopher Brown

Souness just added £20m to Pogba's cost...

He really is a complete dickhead...
Maybe, but I agree with virtually everything he's said tonight.

Pogba was £89m - £93m depending on which shitrag you read, so £100m isn't far off.

It's absolutely incredible that people have a dig at Neville for being 'impartial' with the likes of Redknapp and Sourness around. Redknapp, in particular, is one of the most frustrating little twerps to ever grace punditry.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Everything Souness said at the end of the match was spot on.

Not a big fan of his but what he said about the players being tired etc and needing to man up was correct.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Redknapp is obsessed with how much our team cost. Yet he doesn't see that it's been constructed by Moyes, LVG and with Fergies left overs.... and expects Mourinho to win everything with only 4 signings in his first season :lol:

What did Liverpool or Spurs win? So bitter!
He also doesn't factor net spend when he constantly harps on about how much we've spent

Alex Styles

Both of them can't stand Mourinho
tbf to them, no one likes how Mourinho is handling the situation these days. Excuse after excuse. Souness is right. If you keep telling them they're tired, they're gonna feel tired. Also yea those players better feel the pressure to perform in the final. Not in a, if you don't win you're useless kind of way but put pressure on in a positive way. Tonight I agree with most of what Souness was saying but Redknapp's a tosser.

Jonno

I prefer Souness to Redknapp. He's harsh but I like his straight talking, I liked what he said about how he never got tired.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
The issue I have with him (and Keano) is that he doesn't apply any context to the team selection. Its so easy to say why didn't we play a more adventurous midfield today when the fact is we had 4 attackers on the pitch. Then there's a youngster that you want to give minutes to but can't play him in defence as experienced players are being given the opportunity to stake a final spot. And then there's Fellaini who's come back from suspension and a game today is perfect to get him more minutes before the final.

Absolutely no context from Graeme. Then he says he was never tired. Well fantastic. Good lad. So what? Aside from the fact it's probably not true, so fecking what?

What's he getting at? Play a full strength team a week before an absolutely huge game and risk injury? No. The team was good enough to win today or should've been. They didn't perform, that's their issue. Not the personnel or anything like that. Its a dig at our manager, it should be calling out players.

TheReligion

Abusive
Everything Souness said at the end of the match was spot on.

Not a big fan of his but what he said about the players being tired etc and needing to man up was correct.
Which players have complained about tiredness though?

He may have played a few games in his day but it's an unfair comparison with modern football.

Players those days would go out on the piss post game and smoke ten Marlboro Red.

red forever

You really can't disagree with what he said tonight. I actually like Souness as a pundit and for me the fact that he has been both a successful player and manger gives his views more credence.

TheReligion

Abusive
The issue I have with him (and Keano) is that he doesn't apply any context to the team selection. Its so easy to say why didn't we play a more adventurous midfield today when the fact is we had 4 attackers on the pitch. Then there's a youngster that you want to give minutes to but can't play him in defence as experienced players are being given the opportunity to stake a final spot. And then there's Fellaini who's come back from suspension and a game today is perfect to get him more minutes before the final.

Absolutely no context from Graeme. Then he says he was never tired. Well fantastic. Good lad. So what? Aside from the fact it's probably not true, so fecking what?

What's he getting at? Play a full strength team a week before an absolutely huge game and risk injury? No. The team was good enough to win today or should've been. They didn't perform, that's their issue. Not the personnel or anything like that. Its a dig at our manager, it should be calling out players.
I don't think it's rocket science.
Jose played it tight in the middle as do you rather expose Jones and Smalling so we concede a hatfull? Thats right lads get them both physically fit but destroy them mentally for the final.

No wonder this pair of retards aren't involved in football anymore. Redknapp was never fit himself the little twat.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Which players have complained about tiredness though?

He may have played a few games in his day but it's an unfair comparison with modern football.

Players those days would go out on the piss post game and smoke ten Marlboro Red.
Yes he's definitely played a few games in his day, that's an understatement!

Of course it's different now to then but as you say, players in those days would go out on the piss but wouldn't dream of crying off a game unless they couldn't walk on match day.

We've heard all season from
Mou that players aren't up for it and are feigning injury etc, none have said they're tires it's all come via Jose which was Souness' point and I agree with it.

Josep Dowling

They always mention the cost of the players but it's pretty evident in our squad, and in fact the Premier League as a whole, we don't get value for money.

There really isn't much we can do about that if we want to buy players and they ask for another £10m.

I just don't understand why Pep does not get the same treatment on how much he spent. He has spent more and they have done no better than us.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yes he's definitely played a few games in his day, that's an understatement!

Of course it's different now to then but as you say, players in those days would go out on the piss but wouldn't dream of crying off a game unless they couldn't walk on match day.

We've heard all season from
Mou that players aren't up for it and are feigning injury etc, none have said they're tires it's all come via Jose which was Souness' point and I agree with it.
Fergie used to make the same comments. It's called protecting your players. Behind closed doors do you really think he's mollycoddling them? He's been pretty brutal with individuals this season about getting fit and walking through walls (which the Caf criticised him for) so do you really see that changing?

Manny

Grammar Police
He's just pissed that Pogba hasn't played in the last two Sky games so he can bang on about him being a rip off

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

Yep

He's wondering why we are playing Bailly, Jones, Smalling and Tuanzebe at the same time when its obvious to anyone with a brain. Bailly isn't going to be playing in the final so its better to use him at RB right now over Valencia who looks tired, Jones + Smalling have both come back from 6 week injuries and need to get their match sharpness back for the final and its better to give some minutes to Tuanzebe even if its a new position for him over the likes of Herrera + Pogba who are going to be extremely important for the final.

Why would we risk players today when we aren't going to get anything for it. Who cares if we draw today, the only important thing right now is the final

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
To be fair Souness was spot on regarding that part. Plus Souness made 60 odd appearances in a season like 5 times for Liverpool.
That means nothing if you're playing Thursday Sunday every week. Only once has a team managed to finish top 4 whist starting in Europa League.

TheReligion

Abusive
They always mention the cost of the players but it's pretty evident in our squad, and in fact the Premier League as a whole, we don't get value for money.

There really isn't much we can do about that if we want to buy players and they ask for another £10m.

I just don't understand why Pep does not get the same treatment on how much he spent. He has spent more and they have done no better than us.
The players aren't even Mourinho's though which makes the point even more ridiculous