Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...verpool-slammed-transfers-rumours-gossip-news

Just one example. There are plenty of quotes from Souness praising his athleticism, but slamming his understanding of the game. Rarely does he highlight his technique.
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/graeme-souness-pogba-basics-205263

"He's got fabulous technique, fabulous athleticism, for me he doesn't do the basics right," Souness claimed.

He is athletic, he has great strength on the ball. We need to stop looking for racism in every single criticism.

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
Most of ex players would be awful managers now, though. They talk the talk, but cannot walk the walk.

Take Sourness for example, if he had been manager of Liverpool after Rodgers his team would be bang average right now... i.e, nowhere near title challengers.

Last edited:
Most of ex players would be awful managers now, though. They talk the talk, but cannot walk the walk.

Take Sourness for example, if he had been manager of Liverpool after Rodgers his team would be bang average right now... i.e, nowhere near title challengers.
Disagree,they may win the Championship.

criticalanalysis

Him and Carragher have been the voice of reason regarding Mourinho. Their opinion is basically, 'yeah the structure is not great, the players are not world class but the manager has got to go for what he's (not) achieved'.

Actually pretty much everyone apart from Neville has been spot on.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
He was more than just a hard man but for my money Ray Kennedy was the more gifted player in their midfield. Case and Heighway are in with a shout too. McDermott wasn't a bad player either.
Completely agree re Kennedy. Possibly one of my favourite opposition players of that era and highly underrated. Genuinely upaetting that he is so unwell these days.

Ekeke

Him and Carragher have been the voice of reason regarding Mourinho. Their opinion is basically, 'yeah the structure is not great, the players are not world class but the manager has got to go for what he's (not) achieved'.

Actually pretty much everyone apart from Neville has been spot on.
Agree.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
More not so subtle digs at Pogba being the whole reason for our problems this season

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't even find it annoying anymore. It's become the highlight of his analysis.

charlenefan

Fecking hell just listen to him, he's becoming a parody now

cyberman

Bright red.
Souness can't believe Jose puts shackles on players..Jesus Christ.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Here he goes. Why didn't they let Souness go down to the touchscreen with Pogba instead of Redknapp? It would have been world-class telly.

charlenefan

Fecking hell now he's saying he went to do Alli and should have been sent off

Josep Dowling

‘He’s great but...’

Sorry he can’t have many more buts, Pogba has been a different level since Mourinho has left.

And now he’s saying that’s a red card, what a joke.

El Zoido

I’m loving this. He’s sounding completely delusional. :lol: He hates when we win and he hates when Pogba has a good game.