Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

lsd

The Oracle
For me it's the fact that Jones doesn't look to be doing anything when he accuses him .

Add to the fact that the other three clearly start laughing at him as he then waffles on talking complete nonsense .

Member 115509

For me it's the fact that Jones doesn't look to be doing anything when he accuses him .

Add to the fact that the other three clearly start laughing at him as he then waffles on talking complete nonsense .
This. He just made himself look pretty childish and stupid with his behaviour, added to his ridiculous comments about Liverpool "making a statement" by getting a draw at OT against an injury-depleted United team that played a large part of the game with 10 men plus Rashford manning it out with an injury.

shaky

Looking forward to finding out how this was a good result for Liverpool.

LARulz

According to Souness, today they played poorly. Of course, last week they were incredible....

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I honestly think Sky should get rid of him.

He always had a chip on his shoulder but its almost as if his bitterness has gotten the better of him now with age.

RochaRoja

I honestly think Sky should get rid of him.

He always had a chip on his shoulder but its almost as if his bitterness has gotten the better of him now with age.
Why would they get rid of him when he frequently goes viral and is probably their most talked about pundit? Sky cares about ratings, not quality of analysis.

AgentP

Souness is criticizing the Liverpool midfielders for not scoring enough (5 goals totally) . Pogba alone has more than 10 in the league but according to Souness the Liverpool midfielders are better :lol:

Why would they get rid of him when he frequently goes viral and is probably their most talked about pundit? Sky cares about ratings, not quality of analysis.
Exactly he creates debate, he creates interest - I don’t like Souness, but he’s so cringeworthy it’s hard not to watch. They should get rid of Redknapp who adds absoubtly nothing.

Oldyella

Exactly he creates debate, he creates interest - I don’t like Souness, but he’s so cringeworthy it’s hard not to watch. They should get rid of Redknapp who adds absoubtly nothing.
If there was any form of competition I'm sure it would be a different story and quality would matter more, but imagine sky don't really give a shit, someone losing it after the game at least keeps people watching.

RochaRoja

Sold his story to The Sun...

I'll just leave that there.
He also starred as Dale Winton’s best man for his fake wedding to Nell McAndrew. Either he was terrible at managing his finances or he would do anything for a few quid.

poleglass red

He always tries to come across as Mr Liverpool in a desperate attempt to seem relevant to their fan base. As someone above me on this thread already said, he has constantly moaned about the lack of creativity and goals from the Liverpool midfield yet slams Poba who not only scores but creates as well.Even Carragher out now saying Liverpool haven't replaced Coutinho. Weren't saying that when they were flying. Their front 3 hasn't been clicking esp of late, I think Firminho missing is a big part of that. Is fairness though, Salah scores those chances v Everton in his form of last season.

The Anfield faithful haven't forgiven I believe.

No wonder he's so bitter and anti Utd. Does he think it'll get him back in their favour?
It's strange hearing their opinions on him. Never really talked to any scousers in person about him but reading RAWK he's almost as disliked by them as he is by us. He's one of the most important players in their history but plenty blame his managerial reign for their fall into mediocrity. And then he went and talked to The Sun...

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It's strange hearing their opinions on him. Never really talked to any scousers in person about him but reading RAWK he's almost as disliked by them as he is by us. He's one of the most important players in their history but plenty blame his managerial reign for their fall into mediocrity. And then he went and talked to The Sun...
They could forgive the managerial mediocrity as ultimately we all can but talking to the scummy Sun after all they did tarnish the name of those dead?

No words really!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Gutted I missed Souness' latest outburst

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I think Souness is getting a bit too much hate for my liking. I always thought he was reasonable for RTE, for example.

Yeah he has some skewed views and the whole Pogba thing but it's easy to forget that some of our own fans rimmed Jose and wanted pogba out, including Gary Neville.

Neville is a bit of patronising twat actually.

I hate to say it but Carra is the best pundit by far imo.

Boycott

If you want to understand Souness's mentality this passage is it:

'I joined Liverpool in 1978. I was the record signing between English clubs. Manchester United bought Joe Jordan from Leeds for £350,000, so Liverpool paid Middlesbrough £352,000 for me.

'First week, Monday to Friday, we did the same thing. Walk round the perimeter at the Melwood training ground, then jog round it, few stretches, six-a-side, some sprints, and home. Every day with a day off in the middle.

'First game, West Brom. I'm in the dressing room and I'm looking around — John Toshack, Steve Heighway, Ian Callaghan — all these great players.

'I ask Joe Fagan if I can have a word. "Yes, son," he says. "What is it?" And Joe always spoke in a quiet voice, so you had to lean in. I said, "Joe, I've been here a week and nobody's spoken to me. How does he want me to play?"

'And he leaned in, so I leaned in, and then he just said, "F*** OFF!" in this big booming voice. "We've spent all this money on you and you ask me how to play football!" and he walked away shaking his head.
In his mind players make tactics work, not the other way around.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Sourness in his Sunday Times column:

“If United can get back the £89.3m they paid Juventus for him this summer, I would take the money and move on,”

“He would be a dream to play against. He lets you play because he thinks the game is all about him.

“You buy a player at that price to be the difference in the big games and he hasn’t been, so sell him and sign two £50m players instead.”