Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

Bojan11

I know he seems to have an issue with Pogba, but that quote is just mental. He’s become a meme.

Edit: seems it is fake after all
It was fake.

I can’t believe people are falling for it. There’s like 1000s of those memes every day on Twitter.

DVG7

Allegedly on his way to rangers to take up a role there, potentially as chairman.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Was that actually his last job or has he done "management" since then?
Lots of mgr jobs and some controversial. Obviously the Gala flag. I guess he opened up on why planting it at Fenerbahces ground. Apparently the chairman of Fenerbahce called Souness a cripple due to a heart condition. So revenge at their ground with the Gala flag was his response.
Of course his buying of Johnston a Roman Catholic and bringing him to Rangers and big news in those times.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It's crazy.

"I've seen him dancing at a wedding, throwing hoops and something else."

Keano joins in saying he's been at a fashion show as well.

No mention of Rashford at the Superbowl, obviously.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
“Shooting hoops”

Everything he mentioned was before his operation too.

Litch

Honestly he talks about black players in a way very different than others with references that could be seen as racist stereotypes

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Honestly he talks about black players in a way very different than others with references that could be seen as racist stereotypes
Utter bollocks. Souness stood up for Howard Gayle when he was getting treated badly by Tommy Smith.

OL29

Him and Keane tearing into the likes of Martial and Pogba unprovoked week after week, makes me massively uncomfortable.

AaronRedDevil

Him and Keane tearing into the likes of Martial and Pogba unprovoked week after week, makes me massively uncomfortable.
Must make Pogba angry that people are talking shit about him and he can’t get on the pitch and shut them all up. It’s unjustified. Kicking him when he’s down.

I imagine he's in a brilliant mood after Liverpool lost yesterday.

Litch

Utter bollocks. Souness stood up for Howard Gayle when he was getting treated badly by Tommy Smith.
Here's one for you, because he stood up for a player who happens to be black doesn't mean you can't make racist remarks. That's like saying because you stood up for a female work colleague, you can't be bloody sexist. Educate yourself before talking crap....

OL29

Must make Pogba angry that people are talking shit about him and he can’t get on the pitch and shut them all up. It’s unjustified. Kicking him when he’s down.
It’s nonsense, his agenda doesn’t even make sense given that Pogba aggravated the injury twice this season trying to rush back before he was ready.

DavidDeSchmikes

It's crazy.

"I've seen him dancing at a wedding, throwing hoops and something else."

Keano joins in saying he's been at a fashion show as well.

No mention of Rashford at the Superbowl, obviously.
Wasn't the wedding dancing two months ago?
And wasn't Pogba shooting hoops 4 months ago?

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Here's one for you, because he stood up for a player who happens to be black doesn't mean you can't make racist remarks. That's like saying because you stood up for a female work colleague, you can't be bloody sexist. Educate yourself before talking crap....
maybe you could point out where he has used racist stereotypes? For the record I think Pogba and Martial are both lazy. Am I racist too?

Litch

maybe you could point out where he has used racist stereotypes? For the record I think Pogba and Martial are both lazy. Am I racist too?
Maybe you are? Like I said educate yourself as if you do, you'll know exactly where those type of remarks could be perceived. Especially when that 'language' isn't used about other players.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Doesn't it also then stand to reason that just because he's criticising a black player, that doesn't make it racist?

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Maybe you are? Like I said educate yourself as if you do, you'll know exactly where those type of remarks could be perceived. Especially when that 'language' isn't used about other players.
Spare me the “educate yourself” aloof bullshit. I’m well aware of racist stereotypes. You’re seeing something which isn’t there and being over protective of players just because they play for Utd and the criticism is coming from an ex Liverpool player.

OL29

It’s the whole narrative surrounding these players that doesn’t sit right, there’s an old saying that as a minority, you have to work twice as hard to get half as far, for me, it’s definitely apt amongst these pundits. Keane sits there laying into Martial, saying he has to score against big teams to prove himself good enough (he’s scored away to City and Chelsea this season), whilst in the next sentence they’re gushing about McTominay’s leadership qualities etc. It just seems strange given that McTominay’s achieved relatively little in his career so far despite being just a year younger than Martial.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s the whole narrative surrounding these players that doesn’t sit right, there’s an old saying that as a minority, you have to work twice as hard to get half as far, for me, it’s definitely apt amongst these pundits. Keane sits there laying into Martial, saying he has to score against big teams to prove himself good enough (he’s scored away to City and Chelsea this season), whilst in the next sentence they’re gushing about McTominay’s leadership qualities etc. It just seems strange given that McTominay’s achieved relatively little in his career so far despite being just a year younger than Martial.
They’re just old fashioned ‘grafters’ who think if you don’t spend every waking second on the training field then you don’t want it enough. It isn’t hard to see why they’d like McTominay. I genuinely think you could swap his and Martial’s skin colour around and not see any difference in their assessments.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
They’re just old fashioned ‘grafters’ who think if you don’t spend every waking second on the training field then you don’t want it enough. It isn’t hard to see why they’d like McTominay. I genuinely think you could swap his and Martial’s skin colour around and not see any difference in their assessments.

When he says Fred is lazy then I'd agree he is racist.

Litch

Spare me the “educate yourself” aloof bullshit. I’m well aware of racist stereotypes. You’re seeing something which isn’t there and being over protective of players just because they play for Utd and the criticism is coming from an ex Liverpool player.
You know as much as what's going on in Souncess head as I do so spare me the bullshit like you do....