Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

GoldanoGraham

Its amazing he still gets a gig on tv as a pundit - Ok - he was a good midfield destroyer back in the 80’s - was part of a successful team in a different era.....

his record as a manager was shocking - ok - he did well at Glasgow Rangers when you could buy any half decent player from England and they looked like Messi in the Scottish league - he won a few things and was thought of the new scouse messiah - went there (Liverpool) and completely screwed then up so much that they have literally only just recovered - went around a number of other clubs - still living off his Rangers reputation until it was no more.....

now we have to put up with the most bias out of date opinions from this fool - he really struggles to give any praise these days unless it’s Liverpool and really goes to town on any of today’s poster boys - bitter and twisted and very irrelevant - time they moved him on to pastures new....

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
He's not racist or xenophobic, he's just a dinosaur who dislikes anyone who uses social media, thinks men who use deodorant are girly men and believes off the pitch everyone should spend their spare time being a lumberjack or some other manly endeavor.
You mean you're not? I'm cutting down a tree as I type this

croadyman

The bloke’s pathetic. Even Heskey is joining in and laughing at how bias he is against United and any player linked or associated with us.
Yeah that had to be my favourite part of the interview without any doubt, god I would love for us to sign Grealish and have him score the winner at Anfield next season just to see the pained look on his face, while we are at it Sancho to bag winner at Etihad in front of Micah Richards too.

Fitchett

Yes, he's definitely getting his digs in against Grealish, before he joins United. Grealish probably holds on to the ball and draws defenders in, in order to win free kicks, as Villa have a better chance of scoring from free kicks than from open play.

Sourness was criticising AWB for making the 2nd highest number of tackles in the PL. Whereas most of us would see this as a positive achievement from a defender, this ABU pr*ck tries to spin it as a negative, in that he must be a bad player because he has to make tackles!

He has serious issues. Here's to a United title win next season to put him in complete meltdown.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Stumbled across this, post match analysis of one of our games earlier this season (I presume it was a defeat)

:smirk:

Also worth giving Carragher some credit as he was spot on about it being as simple as one or two signings to turn things around

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I think he comes across well whenever he's involved in a game that doesn't feature utd or Pool. Case in point, today's Chelsea match.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
OK, I never watched him play, not my era. But looked at some highlights and fuuuck, nasty nasty player. What Keane did to Haaland x 1000.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
OK, I never watched him play, not my era. But looked at some highlights and fuuuck, nasty nasty player. What Keane did to Haaland x 1000.
It was a rough game in those days. You had to commit GBH to get a yellow.
Yip. Pinnacle was the 70 FA Cup Final reply between Chelsea and Leeds. One of the dirtiest games I've ever seen (watching back, not live, not that old). One yellow card!

It should have been a few reds and a dozen yellows.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Like Keane, some tackles/comments get all the focus.

Yes, he could be a dick (and still is) but he was an excellent player ... in a team of excellent players
Yeah, I guess it was a different sport back then.

It was a rough game in those days. You had to commit GBH to get a yellow.
Yeah, I wasn't aware of just how severe it was :lol: honestly, some of it looks like a lawsuit or a return the favour kind of thing (outside the ground)

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The worst tackle I've seen, well bruce lee style flying kick, was by that nutjob German keeper in the 82 WC , Schumacher smashing Battiston
It was a bit of a physical marvel as Schumacher made contact with Battison with his hip. He didn’t even kick him. Might have been worse if he did.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
What has that to do with Sourness & Pogba? If you want to comment on Evra, go to his dedicated thread.
Well it was a comment in the same bit of telly and you mentioned Evra putting Souness in his place. He shits on United to constantly defend Pogba. The Rashford comment at half time when Pogba gave that ridiculous pen away last year against West Ham. His comment today about Pogba with one leg being better than all our midfielders. He talks utter cock. At least there’s some truth to what Souness says, Pogba’s work rate defensively is a massive fecking issue. Our midfield has zero balance.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Even Sourness said that should have been two reds or none.
Everyone knows it. Except Tottenham fans, the ref and the VAR guy.

Still, not the reason we got beaten, but helped us get annihilated.

El Zoido

Sky have just apologised for his comments about Latino players when he was talking about Lamela at half time. Oops.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
What exactly did he say?
I don't have exact quotes but he was saying that what Lamela did is common in the Latin game and that he'll be happy with what he did as it helped Spurs get the win.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I don't have exact quotes but he was saying that what Lamela did is common in the Latin game and that he'll be happy with what he did as it helped Spurs get the win.
Id say Mourinho had told his players to get in our heads.

L1nk

He also said "we don't do that here" as if the British players are completely against cheating and diving and never do it, the bias is incredible

Red00012

He tried to say the grass was too long at Villa park for the Liverpool players

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
He also said "we don't do that here" as if the British players are completely against cheating and diving and never do it, the bias is incredible
Someone show him Patrick Bamford getting El Ghazi sent off a couple of years ago with an embarrassing dive. At least Lamela was touched.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Yeah then tried to justify it by saying he had played and worked in a Latin country so by implication was qualified to make such statements. A sort of "some of my best friends are latinos" type of defense...

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It wasn't just that, he made a direct comparison with the British game, and asked if this is what we want in their English premier league, that Latin influence of diving. As he was saying it, I could see the host physically shrink or maybe that was just my imagination. I understood what he was saying, I don't think it's racist, but I can also see why some would see it that way.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
It wasn't just that, he made a direct comparison with the British game, and asked if this is what we want in their English premier league, that Latin influence of diving. As he was saying it, I could see the host physically shrink or maybe that was just my imagination. I understood what he was saying, I don't think it's racist, but I can also see why some would see it that way.
How is that not racist?