Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

Nico87

I think you misunderestimate Souness.
I'm half expecting Pogba's name to be cited in a Souness divorce, I bet his wife's close to breaking point at Graeme steering every conversation back to him. Mrs Souness:" this steak is a big overcooked"
Graeme:" I tell you who always overcooks things....Paul Pogba, always wants to over do it, he's thinks he's really special". Instead of our fans wasting money on pointless banners for planes I think we should all club together for a life size marble statue of Pogba and have it erected in the garden facing Souness bedroom window.

Arnold Layne

He's a mix of the cantankerous old gits on the Harry Enfield show and uncle Albert on fools and horse's. Souness's version of the during the war monologues are about Pogba though, he brings it up at every opportunity.

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Just glancing over the headline, at first I read it as Graeme Bitterness. Thinking about it, Souness is actually obsolete!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I bet if he had a chance to punch Ramos or Pogba he would still prefer a guy who did no harm to his Egyptian idol. His fixation is unhealthy just like his time in Liverpool as a manager, not to mention the half senile old prick is just boring even for his standards.

The Caf loves word Agenda to the excess sometimes but this example just screams for it. He's really that sad and then people wondering why TV is so degenerated these days.

RoyH1

He's got a massive unfulfilled crush on Pogba. Nasty old man.

thoward

It's not a lisp!
In his column in yesterdays Sunday Times, Souness said that Pogba plays for himself, it's all about cool he looks, showing us how clever he is. He reckons Pogba's only in the team to maintain his transfer value until United can sell him, because he doesn't merit his place for any other reason. He said perhaps we're now seeing the selfish player Fergie didn't fancy first time around.

Fridge chutney

In his column in yesterdays Sunday Times, Souness said that Pogba plays for himself, it's all about cool he looks, showing us how clever he is. He reckons Pogba's only in the team to maintain his transfer value until United can sell him, because he doesn't merit his place for any other reason. He said perhaps we're now seeing the selfish player Fergie didn't fancy first time around.
Souness genuinely has deep, dark issues that he should sort out.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The guy is clearly obsessed, but not too long ago plenty on here were saying similar, and plenty still would.

Last edited:

Tarrou

yeah he's obsessed but he wasn't wrong though was he? Pogba's comments make it look like something ain't right

LoSpritz

Not that i want to excuse this moron, but isn't this just something that happens to grumpy gets as they get older?
I mean, they get fixated on something/someone that's under their skin and no longer have the mental elasticity to just let it go.

That's will be my excuse in a few years anyway :))

RedDevilRoshi

His obsession of Pogba is simply embarrassing. It’s like a boy trying to ask a girl out on a date but he gets rejected and ends up stalking her every move.

HJ12

Can't be bothered to listen to half-time or post-match analysis anymore as most of these guys just talk nonsense and seem driven by a predetermined narrative. Unless it's Hutchison or Lampard doing the analysis, I tune out.

DRM

This is brilliant. Love Bellamy's reaction :lol:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Does he criticise any Liverpool players? Or just Pogba?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Most football pundits is just like bats, in the dark with nothing between their ears but air.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
His obsession of Pogba is simply embarrassing. It’s like a boy trying to ask a girl out on a date but he gets rejected and ends up stalking her every move.
His managerial record coupled with his history of signing poor players says to me that the longer he slags off Pogba the better.

Cantona'sCollar

yeah he's obsessed but he wasn't wrong though was he? Pogba's comments make it look like something ain't right
This. He is weirdly obsessed & needs to criticize Pogba all the time (and for no reason), but if someone else like Scholes had said that, a lot of people here will be agreeing.

NotQuiteManc

Watched the video, but probably of the accent and english not my first language, can anyone tell me the comment after Souness stopped his ramblings, that made Bellamy laughed?

A excellent vlog by Deluded Gooner. This guy always talks sense.
He's right, and i would absolutely love for one of the younger pundits to pull Souness up on it and remind him how Liverpool players of his time were notorious for getting smashed during the season and he himself was doing TV cameos whilst still playing. He'd have an aneurysm if Pogba appeared on This Morning as he once did.

Last edited:

FujiVice

What a tit.
Pogba has scored four goals in six United appearances this season - two of which came against the Swiss outfit - but Souness is still to be convinced by the World Cup winner.

"That’s easy. It isn’t even a question," Souness said when asked whether he preferred Pogba or 32-year-old Liverpool midfielder Milner.

"Milner, every day of the week. He’s a proper player.

"Who would I rather play against? Paul Pogba. I don’t want to play against Milner.

"But, with Pogba, it’s all about him and his game. He’s not going to stop me, he lets you play, and that’s one of the criticisms.

"Having the ball is only half of the game. A big part of being a top player, as he aspires to be, is you have to stop the guy you’re up against.

"And that’s part of the captaincy. If I’m having a good day, that means I’m stopping the guy I’m against directly. It’s not just about I’ll play and I’ll play, there’s another side to the game.

"You can’t pick and choose when you want to be bang at it."

Canagel

What has Pogba done to him? It's beyond baffling this obsession.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He's right though. Pogba does absolutely zilch without the ball. His defending, if you can even call it that because he doesn't actually bother to do it is atrocious.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
To be fair, Milner has been amazing this season. Certainly in better form at the moment.

It's weird though. I can't recall the last time a single pundit persisted in such a long and focused vendetta against a single player.