Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

RuudTom83

He was totally clueless today...talking about someone could have been killed.

Then wildly speculation that something sinister MUST have happened to call the game off. Where anyone with a few brain cells could see in a covid world, how could the players go onto a pitch that had just been invaded by a few hundred fans.

But no the idiot wanted to hint at ridiculous crimes that no one else was suggesting only himself. Clown!

hp88

"They risked something to buy Man United" That's what pissed me off today, he can talk shite about Pogba all day but his views on the Glazer ownership were just comical.

Last edited:

RUCK4444

"They risked something to buy Man United" That's what pissed me off today, he can't shite about Pogba all day but this views on the Glazer ownership were just comical.
He’s a feckin idiot. He could cause a protest by himself with half the shite he comes out with.

jesperjaap

A lot of us remember Souness as a fantastic player and a lot of us can be to a degree disgruntled with modern football.......but how is he still on Sky? He has been a dinosuar as a pundit for years before modern football even became modern football.

What has annoyed me on tv and online this afternoon are people like Souness, Liam Gallagher and others slating the whole thing merely of a hatred of United. Hatred is fine, we all understand that as we all hate other clubs too.....but this isnt about individual clubs and you can just see a lot of his earlier comments have come about from a hatred of the club not a clear thinking perspective at all.

spiriticon

The Glazers risked nothing to buy us. They bought us with by using the club's money. How the feck it was allowed I will never know.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
His insistence of affirming "is it about the super league, or is it about where Man Utd are now?" as if that's the only options. Neville and Carragher kept explaining it, that the super league reignited the stance, but this stance runs deeper than that and has in place for over 15 years, from the hostile takeover, saddling the club with half a billion of debt, zero investment in what was once the best stadium in the country, but he still ignored that - more than once - and started talking talking about a £700m net spend figure so everything must be fine.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His insistence of affirming "is it about the super league, or is it about where Man Utd are now?" as if that's the only options. Neville and Carragher kept explaining it, that the super league reignited the stance, but this stance runs deeper than that and has in place for over 15 years, from the hostile takeover, saddling the club with half a billion of debt, zero investment in what was once the best stadium in the country, but he still ignored that - more than once - and started talking talking about a £700m net spend figure so everything must be fine.
There are so many like him, Including few rival club fans on caf. They haven't got a fecking clue but still post rubbish.

Nogbadthebad

Souness isn't an idiot.

He knows what he's doing, the same as he knows saying crap about Pogba gets him his goal, people talking about him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A lot of us remember Souness as a fantastic player and a lot of us can be to a degree disgruntled with modern football.......but how is he still on Sky? He has been a dinosuar as a pundit for years before modern football even became modern football.

What has annoyed me on tv and online this afternoon are people like Souness, Liam Gallagher and others slating the whole thing merely of a hatred of United. Hatred is fine, we all understand that as we all hate other clubs too.....but this isnt about individual clubs and you can just see a lot of his earlier comments have come about from a hatred of the club not a clear thinking perspective at all.
As all the media companies seem to be falling over themselves to get rid of old white blokes, it's amazing the one sh!te one they have is still on there.
It's not like it's hard to find Liverpool pundits either!

It's not like it's Man City who have only 1 in Richards.

kidbob

I missed all of this stuff today lads. Genuinely went to check livescore at 5.15 and thought the app was broken when it wouldn't show a score. Any links or videos of what he said?

James Peril

This is about individual clubs though, only United-fans broke into the stadium, beat up cops and created civil unrest during a global pandemic. Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City all played and won games for their fans, only Man Utd-fans managed to commit criminal acts to stop a bloody football game. So no, this wasn’t about something bigger, this is just football and a bunch of people from Manchester ruining the fun for millions of fans across the world.

keithsingleton

As a pundit I'm a big fan of Souness, especially when he's on with Keane. Some of you blinkered just because he's a scouser.

Offsideagain

The Glazers bought the club from Martin Edwards using a huge loan brokered by Ed Woodward and have refinanced that loan many times over the years whilst taking dividends from the club for themselves instead of paying the loan off. That is the main reason fans are pissed off. Most of the money used to buy players is from TV and commercial side of United, the Japanese tourists that clean out the Superstore etc. A lot of that money has been misspent on garbage players and Woodward’s heroes. The whole issue is pants. This is why Ratcliffe won’t buy the club. As for the idiots on the pitch today, words fail me.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He didn't understand why the protests were happening and he's too ignorant to listen to the reasons.

Dan_F

I still can’t believe the amount of shit he was allowed to say without Roy Keane or Neville saying anything back directly. Neville just seemed to want to keep banging on about the super league stuff.

The argument that somehow United fans should be grateful for the Glazers wasting a billion in transfer fees of our own money. It just backs up how incompetent they are, it doesn’t absolve them of blame.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I still can’t believe the amount of shit he was allowed to say without Roy Keane or Neville saying anything back directly. Neville just seemed to want to keep banging on about the super league stuff.

The argument that somehow United fans should be grateful for the Glazers wasting a billion in transfer fees of our own money. It just backs up how incompetent they are, it doesn’t absolve them of blame.
You could tell Keano was keeping it back, as when Sourness laboured the flare point, Keane eventually growled "no-one is disagreeing with you on this Graham".

Dan_F

You could tell Keano was keeping it back, as when Sourness laboured the flare point, Keane eventually growled "no-one is disagreeing with you on this Graham".
It’s a shame Sky didn’t actually attempt to interview any United fans (that I saw). Maybe it was due to Covid, but surely having some actually thoughts of why they were protesting would have helped to get the point across. Not saying it had to be live obviously, because that would have been unbroadcastable

Barnslig

As a pundit I'm a big fan of Souness, especially when he's on with Keane. Some of you blinkered just because he's a scouser.
I'd say most of us is blinkered because most of what comes out of his mouth is absolute horseshit.

croadyman

I'd say most of us is blinkered because most of what comes out of his mouth is absolute horseshit.
Yeah and now Shearer is also bringing up the net spend BS too, any chance you could mention about the money they have taken out of the club for their own dividends even though it doesn't fit the narrative

Morpheus 7

Souness is a disgrace, his hatred towards United and agenda today was clear. Sky has an opportunity to let fans be heard and push it, instead they let Souness chat about one supporter out of 10000 throwing a flare.

mshnsh

The Glazers bought the club from Martin Edwards using a huge loan brokered by Ed Woodward and have refinanced that loan many times over the years whilst taking dividends from the club for themselves instead of paying the loan off. That is the main reason fans are pissed off. Most of the money used to buy players is from TV and commercial side of United, the Japanese tourists that clean out the Superstore etc. A lot of that money has been misspent on garbage players and Woodward’s heroes. The whole issue is pants. This is why Ratcliffe won’t buy the club. As for the idiots on the pitch today, words fail me.
This. If anyone can't understand, they need a brain transplant.
Would football be better if Sourness was replaced by a toaster oven?
How about a toilet bowl?

jesperjaap

This is about individual clubs though, only United-fans broke into the stadium, beat up cops and created civil unrest during a global pandemic. Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City all played and won games for their fans, only Man Utd-fans managed to commit criminal acts to stop a bloody football game. So no, this wasn’t about something bigger, this is just football and a bunch of people from Manchester ruining the fun for millions of fans across the world.
The individual club comment I made of both SOuness and Gallaghers comments has absolutely nothing to do with the comments you are making. They both made similar accusations that our fans were only protesting because in the words of Souness "we are not top dogs", both digging at the whole protest in the first place not the actual actions of it. In fact both made there comments when the news was breakng still of a peaceful protest taking place, they wre purely using the fact we were protesting for a bigger picture than a football match to have a dig at the club....your comments are completely irrelevant to that

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Always thought you were a cock. Yeah I was right

jesperjaap

Not only can you not spot a very good pundit then, you also cant spot a Scottish accent. I am not bothered by him being an ex-Liverpool player, in fact I admired him as a player as a kid when they were winning everything when I first started to watch football. Was a very very average manager and he is obviously anti-United, I dont mind that though what he said with his "not top dogs" comment was pathetic. I simply dont like him as a pundit as he is completely out of touch with the game on so many fronts and completely stubbornly self assured in his own opinions and beliefs and not open to other opnions. SO many comments today compounded all of this.

The one point inadvertently I think he touched on something right was when he was arguing about "buying fouls". I dont totally disagree with what he said but I do agree when he said that kind of thing could stop the premiership being the most popular league in Europe and on a wider scale I think our leauge is beginning to lose its identity. Part of the appeal has been the honesty, blood and guts and super fast tempo of the premierships appeal. I do feel our game is getting diluted there in there beign more and more diving and feigning injury, the laws of the game taking away the phjsical nature regarding tackling, the possesion based football more and more teams are adpoting which is slowing the tempo down...is happening moreand more each season diultion wise, fortunately we have a lot of money within the league and a lot of veyr good young English players....but also with the money we are seeing the likes of Bellingham and Sancho going abroad.

Anyway, the main point, all opinions and I am sure a lot of people probably do have scewed opinions of Souness due to his Liverpool links and Anti-united stance.....but I think the majority just dont like him as he talks a lot of rubbish and makes few insightful points. Actually the only things generally I like hearing from him are when he talks about some of the great past Liverpool managers and players but rarely does he give any tactical anaylsis and Carragher is also Liverpool and anti-Utd but though I disagree with quite a lot of what he says, you can see there is thought and passion in what he says and most imoortantly, he is in touch with the modern game, Souness is simply still in another era

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
He spent today either blatantly lying, or being completely clueless. Neither are great if you're a pundit on national TV.