Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

Djemba-Djemba

It's really funny because he never interrupts Roy Keane. He never talks down to him.

Anyone that he doesn't respect he just shouts over them

Pickle85

Yeah it was a foul but utterly hilarious to watch Souness splutter and harrumph. He is a dour, miserable, boring, confrontational hammerhead shark looking bellend and I love to see him unhappy.

Dan_F

Beautiful. Souness has lost it though.

There was clearly a touch on the shin pad, because it span around. Leg breaker is a joke though. He was sliding about a meter away from where Neves was stood, but Neves then swung his foot towards the ball. Souness is talking about “doing him”. Horrible punditry.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So now it was a leg breaker and Pogba meant it? Moron. :lol:

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
I cannot help but remember Souness in a press conference after the Dyer and Bowyer fight saying their behaviour was indefensible, before defending it by saying the referee was very poor and that's what led to them punching each other.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
He's so bitter it's halarious. His bitterness cause United won, on top of his hatred for Pogba isn't showing at all here :lol:

I thought it was a red card at first viewing. On the replay, he didn't even touch him. Neves only went down once he saw the ref was nearby...should have been a yellow for him if anything.

Nick7

I don't believe a single word they're saying. This is classic Sky trying to create an emotive narrative.
Was the same against Southampton when Bruno was fouled. They created the narrative that he was soft

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Beautiful. Souness has lost it though.

There was clearly a touch on the shin pad, because it span around. Leg breaker is a joke though. He was sliding about a meter away from where Neves was stood, but Neves then swung his foot towards the ball. Souness is talking about “doing him”. Horrible punditry.
Makes a change from him complaining Pogba isn't making any effort to win the ball back I suppose :lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Keane is approaching Bart Simpson ‘I didn’t do it boy’ levels with his new catchphrase

Mercurial

Pogba has a castle class mansion inside that mans head with 5 courts, 8 pools, acres on acres of land and he pays £0.00

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Unanimous it wasn't a foul on Bruno last week. Unanimous it was a foul this week. Says it all.

Apokalips

Comedy gold. Not sure I've ever seen a pundit so triggered by a specific player likr Graeme with Pogba. Absurd that he is even insinuating Pogba wanted to do him.

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
It was a 50/50 , he scraped his shin pad , get a grip
What does “50/50” have to do with anything?? Pogba was late and caught him on the shin, it’s an easy foul.

don’t give a sh*t personally, I’ll take any win, but to pretend that’s not a foul is madness. I’d be livid if that was against us, esp after Bruno last week.

Tarrou

that bit when he tried to commentate on it as they showed the replay and said "look, its as clear as..." then had to change his words when there was nothing he could actually be clear about

RUCK4444

So now it was a leg breaker and Pogba meant it? Moron. :lol:
I think he said he didn’t mean it but it ended up a leg breaker.

His foot has gone over the ball that’s all, no malice at all, it’s a 50-50.

Because Neves won the ball and took two or three steps the ref I think assumed he won the 50-50 and that there must have been nothing in it (the tackle.)

RedDevilRoshi

A bitter old man. If that was Jordan Henderson and not Paul Pogba, he’d be saying it’s not a foul and the goal stands.

Scottynaldinho

He's just a funny, bitter old man.

I cringe at these "heart attack", "burst a nerve" on live tv comments, stay classy.

Red_Aaron

Regarding the foul isn't this the perfect example in the change of approach this year.

Does Pogba catch him? - definitely.
Is it enough to bring him down? - obviously not. Neves himself admited that if the ball was there he'd have carried on playing. In that case the contact can surely be deemed insufficient for a foul. Despite the contact Neves was happy to play on until he realised he'd given the ball away.

Personally I think it's a foul but I think the ref is justified in allowing the game to continue given the above

Nick7

Pogba doesn't touch the ball, only Neves. It's glancing contact, but it's plain to see on video, not debatable.
He does, he skims the top of the ball. As much contact as he made with Neves’ shin.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I think he said he didn’t mean it but it ended up a leg breaker.

His foot has gone over the ball that’s all, no malice at all, it’s a 50-50.

Because Neves won the ball and took two or three steps the ref I think assumed he won the 50-50 and that there must have been nothing in it (the tackle.)
He backtracked slightly. Originally he said if you go into a challenge like that you do so with the intention for catching someone.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It’s reckless. Which I still think is deemed as a foul?
it’s a 50:50 tackle that they’re both stretching for the ball, he barely tickled his shin pad.

Neves didn’t even think it was a foul until he realised he’d lost the ball. trying to ref the game for him.

if he nailed him studs in in the centre of his shin then sure bad tackle, but he didn’t.