Television Graham Norton Show

Sigma

Surprised there is no thread on this. Graham Norton is a very funny person and when he gets the right guests on its a very good show. On now with Kevin Bridges, Ron Howard, Chris Hemsworth and Lily Tomlin.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Prefer watching his show than Alan Carr's, better guests and proper interviews but laid-back and fun at the same time.. Carr just pisses about with the reality clan & random comedians, too loud and too much cackling for me.

Sam

Easily the best chat show on tv atm, has a been for a few years really. Always has great guests and gets them to open up. Doesn't make it all about him either *Cough* Jonathan Ross *cough*

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
He's the GOAT. I watch Eurovision every year just to hear Norton rip on everyone.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I like the show. Don't like that unfunny intro he does though.

diarm

His family is from Carnew which automatically makes him great. Up the southeast.
Fortunately for him he was allowed the chance to grow up in West Cork though!

I met him last summer (one of my mates mums is friends with him), and while I haven't met loads of famous people, he's the only one who is the exact fecking same in real life as he is on TV. Very funny fecker and good craic for an evening out.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I remember being mocked about liking his show on here some years ago. Enjoyed Lily Tomlin struggling to understand any word out of Kevin Bridges

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Fortunately for him he was allowed the chance to grow up in West Cork though!

I met him last summer (one of my mates mums is friends with him), and while I haven't met loads of famous people, he's the only one who is the exact fecking same in real life as he is on TV. Very funny fecker and good craic for an evening out.
Aye, he probably wouldn't have got his own show if he grew up in a proper southeast town. He'd be an actual actor.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Does he often repeat his comedian guests though? Some of them can be quite annoying with constantly trying to "be a comedian".

vanthaman

Winner
The one with will smith Bradley cooper and heather graham was probably the best talk show ever

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Usually watch this if i'm in. The guests are usually a level above most other shows.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
They're trying to kill off Alan Carr's show by giving him crappy guests.

2 man midfield

They're trying to kill off Alan Carr's show by giving him crappy guests.
I actually quite like Alan Carr as a host, if he was on a decent Channel with the right backing i could see him doing well, but it just feels a bit low rent. As you say, the guests aren't in the same league.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Easily the best talk show of any from both the UK and the US, and it's not even close.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I actually quite like Alan Carr as a host, if he was on a decent Channel with the right backing i could see him doing well, but it just feels a bit low rent. As you say, the guests aren't in the same league.
I love Alan, but I often get the impression that, for him, the drinking is as important as the chat. His live performances hint at a genuine drinking problem.*

*I don't mean his actual performances; I mean that he often mentions aspects of his lifestyle which suggest a great deal of heavy drinking, and these moments aren't always set-ups for punchlines.

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I just don't like how he promotes things all the time. When Hollywood stars are his guests he always promotes their movies as "amazing" movies while they're bang average but hey it's part of the talkshow-business. Other than that it's a good talk show.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
I just don't like how he promotes things all the time. When Hollywood stars are his guests he always promotes their movies as "amazing" movies while they're bang average but hey it's part of the talkshow-business. Other than that it's a good talk show.
I get what you're saying but he can't exactly say he thinks the movie is shit, can he?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I get what you're saying but he can't exactly say he thinks the movie is shit, can he?
Obviously not. But perhaps they could tone it down a bit with that "amazing" and "great" stuff, it's cringeworthy. Or leave it out but that probably means some guests wouldn't even come anymore I guess.

2 man midfield

Obviously not. But perhaps they could tone it down a bit with that "amazing" and "great" stuff, it's cringeworthy. Or leave it out but that probably means some guests wouldn't even come anymore I guess.
That's all these sort of talk shows are really, lip service. No way he gets the same calibre of guest on if he doesn't.

Silva

Bizarre criticism of a show that exists purely to promote things.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
He's great. Alan Carr and Jonathan Ross are so socially inept I'm always very surprised that they're talkshow hosts, bumbling from one awkward silence to another, very cringeworthty most of the time. Norton always gets the best guests too, been a fan since he was on channel 4 years ago.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
I prefer to watch Jonathan Ross
Don't really watch Graham Norton much as i'm always watching Chatty Man instead, but Graham does have the better guests on by far. I just like the light heartedness with Alan

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Love his show. Love the mix of celebrities he gets and the really laid back vibe of it all. Makes for some hilarious stories/scenes.

AkaAkuma

Still enjoy watching it, but it doesnt feel like he's as invested in it as much as he once was.