Television Graham Norton Show

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Last show of the season and they have these mugs on. Christ.

3KDré

Probably paid in food, the fat feck.
I feel bad for actors and celebs who get famous being the fat, 'funny' one. If they ever try to lose the weight they'll lose their persona and lose their appeal. They'll lose what made them famous.

Riz

Norton really is a class act. I've seen loads of clips of American chat show hosts and perhaps it's just me being British that means I'm more comfortable watching Norton's style but for me he's the best in the business. He's always engaging, never awkward and can do sincerity and hilarity equally well.

Still he's not enough to convince me to tune into Eurovision.

Sigma

Norton really is a class act. I've seen loads of clips of American chat show hosts and perhaps it's just me being British that means I'm more comfortable watching Norton's style but for me he's the best in the business. He's always engaging, never awkward and can do sincerity and hilarity equally well.

Still he's not enough to convince me to tune into Eurovision.
Graham Norton is the funniest comedian, and he's not even a comedian!

prath92

Dan Radcliffe Justin Timberlake Anna kendrick and music from Robbie Williams. Wow

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Dan Radcliffe Justin Timberlake Anna kendrick and music from Robbie Williams. Wow
Not a bad lineup. Wouldn't mind Robbie on the sofa from that start. He would be a good laugh I bet.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
How many times has Daniel Radcliffe been on the show already?

JoaquinJoaquin

Graham Norton gets all the big names now it seems, while the likes of Alan Carr get the scraps. They were quite even at one point.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Didn't think the latest series was that good. Didn't find myself laughing as much as usual. However I did find the Charlie Sheen interview really showed how brilliant Norton is at his job.

Can't stand Radcliffe, but Timberlake, Kendrick and Williams are a laugh.

Graham Norton gets all the big names now it seems, while the likes of Alan Carr get the scraps. They were quite even at one point.
He's great at it. He's funny and a little self deprecating at the same time which puts all his guests at ease. Alan Carr is about as funny as a rusty nail to the eye.

Sigma

I've never understood why some guests come on half way through. Isn't all shot only in 1 hour? Why can the guest not make it for the whole hour?

Cina

I've never understood why some guests come on half way through. Isn't all shot only in 1 hour? Why can the guest not make it for the whole hour?
Well you've been in similar situations, surely you would know?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Usually not a fan of crude stories live on TV but that was funny.

Dir Wangem

I'm generally not a fan of "celebrity culture", but even I can see that Graham Norton is a brilliant host. He's likeable without being too boring. He's talkactive without interrupting the guests. Oh, and he's pretty funny.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Graham Norton needs to push the boat out with the guests on his show. Seems to have the same faces every year. Chris O'Dowd again tonight and more regulars next week??

Oggmonster

Graham Norton needs to push the boat out with the guests on his show. Seems to have the same faces every year. Chris O'Dowd again tonight and more regulars next week??
He always has a comedy guest who sits at the end chirping in every now and then to be fair it kind of makes the show better when you have shite (like Jeremy Renner last night.) It was a pretty good line up in fairness to him, 2 A List actors and someone from the biggest band in the world. Then next week he's probably got the most famous actor in the world. It's probably more cos a lot of movies use the same actors if they get repeat guests.

Oggmonster

Who has always been an absolute snoozefest.
Fair enough, I thought he was alright when Seth McFarlane was on, seems to be able to laugh at himself and is pretty easy going, I can see why people wouldn't like him though. The format of the show does allow some guests to be boring as well. For example I thought Renner was dull last night but the other 3 were actually quite entertaining so it made up for it. Catherine Tate is on next week who will probably be shite though.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
He always has a comedy guest who sits at the end chirping in every now and then to be fair it kind of makes the show better when you have shite (like Jeremy Renner last night.) It was a pretty good line up in fairness to him, 2 A List actors and someone from the biggest band in the world. Then next week he's probably got the most famous actor in the world. It's probably more cos a lot of movies use the same actors if they get repeat guests.
I agree, but surely there's a hell of a lot more to choose from. Shame we missed out on Renee Zellwegger for example. He could have asked Chiwetel Ejiofor instead of Cumberbatch. I suppose it all links in with who's doing the promotional stuff at the time but I really think he could diversify a little more. Nicholas Cage, Dakota Fanning, Jennifer Connelly and Wesley Snipes all have new films coming out soon. Would be great to see some of those guys on there too.

It's my favourite programme on TV but seeing the same faces every series is getting a bit tedious.

Oggmonster

I agree, but surely there's a hell of a lot more to choose from. Shame we missed out on Renee Zellwegger for example. He could have asked Chiwetel Ejiofor instead of Cumberbatch. I suppose it all links in with who's doing the promotional stuff at the time but I really think he could diversify a little more. Nicholas Cage, Dakota Fanning, Jennifer Connelly and Wesley Snipes all have new films coming out soon. Would be great to see some of those guys on there too.

It's my favourite programme on TV but seeing the same faces every series is getting a bit tedious.
Yeah fair enough, suppose they stick to what they know somewhat. Cumberbatch for example has always been a good guest. I think most people would work on it though cos of the format of the show (all guests out at once) and Norton does play off well on them. I used to prefer Jonathan Ross but since he went to ITV his show has got pretty shit to be honest.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
His show is the best and the format is good. He gets the big guests on everyweek, interacts with the audience, has humour but takes the has time to interview his guests and of course no ads.

Channel 4 have axed Alan Carrs show, even he admitted it was better because he was getting the bigger guests. His show was OK at the start but went rapidly downhill when he had zlist reality people thrown on him from C4 to promote their shows for their sub channels. The drinks thing and arsing about beforehand got on my nerves so would always switch over to Norton at 10.35.

Johnathan Ross is going the same way, haven't watched any of his shows this season. I was thinking of watching him tonight but then found out he's got Alan Davies and his annoying bighead bbc buddy mate Brand on again, and bros? Bros ffs.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Watching it now and can't stop staring at Amy Adams' tits.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Benedict Cumberbatch, Eddie Redmayne & Bryan Cranston on October 28th should make for a fun episode though.
That will be a good one.

Calling it now that there will be more otter related jokes with Cumberbatch.