GRAHAM POLL: Mark Clattenburg gives nothing to a side once their fans turn on him

JeffBoomTetris

How this self-worshipping twit can be defended by anyone is beyond me. This is the ref who has racist allegations against him ffs. He is supposed to be fair as a ref. But the FA are impotent in this case

BIGbadBOO4

United do deserve this after what Mark did in that 3-2 game wrongly sending off Torres and Ivanovic and allowing an offside goal to stand. It's just karma.
what is it with these idiotic Chelsea fans? The decisions Chelsea have been given against United borders on match fixing. And they have the audacity to go to 1 match where everything didn't go their way.
The 2 yard offside goal at Old Trafford to wrap up league right in front of linesman comes to mind.
The offside non foul they got by that that Atkinson also springs to mind. The grabbing of Ronaldo around the throat in the penalty area is also another example of ludicrous decisions.
And only last week thigh high studs up challenge was a clear red.

BIGbadBOO4

Iheanacho against us got the yellow for practically the same thing.
Yeah true but would he have got a second yellow for it? No feckin chance.
The thing about football is its subjective, thus open to interpretation and bias.
On Sat Darmian was touched so went down, most commentators argued not enough for a penalty which may be true. But if that was a united defender they would be arguing what does he expect when he sticks his leg out. His stupidity cost United a penalty.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I'm kind of hoping it'll be Arsenal on the receiving end.
In a big, high-pressure game with players and managers doing everything they can to get one over and win the game, I'm sure the ref and linos will get some decisions wrong. It's all part of the game and is annoying but if you're mature about it you realise that the officials have a near-impossible job that will piss somebody off every time.

Moaning about conspiracies is silly. Mike Deane is a cnut but I've seen games involving us where he's been excellent.

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
Let's see which of our resident Arse or Spurs fans will pissed at him after the derby:D
As Spurs fans we know that we aren't ever going to get much from the officials, so we generally just get on with it as it's the norm.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Is there anything more glib than fans getting overtly riled at refs? It's the first resort in the blame game; it only serves to assuage a team's own inadequacies. Puts the attention elsewhere. Indeed, this glibness is taken to new heights when a ref is accused of hating a particular club - with highly selective evidence used to prove why this is the case. It's all a load of confirmation bias nonsense.

Fans of all clubs do it and it's utterly boring - including this non-story.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
In a big, high-pressure game with players and managers doing everything they can to get one over and win the game, I'm sure the ref and linos will get some decisions wrong. It's all part of the game and is annoying but if you're mature about it you realise that the officials have a near-impossible job that will piss somebody off every time.

Moaning about conspiracies is silly. Mike Deane is a cnut but I've seen games involving us where he's been excellent.
I'm personally not moaning about conspiracies. I just think he got the Herrera red wrong and think he's a massively over rated ref.

Fitchett

Just seen the penalty that Clattenburg gave Besiktas tonight in the CL. Very similar to the incident when the ball struck Michael Keane's arm on Saturday and a penalty wasn't given. Cnut.

stevoc

Anyone know the last time Clattenburg gave United a penalty?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
How this self-worshipping twit can be defended by anyone is beyond me. This is the ref who has racist allegations against him ffs. He is supposed to be fair as a ref. But the FA are impotent in this case
That's a bit below the belt, wasn't the case dropped?

JeffBoomTetris

That's a bit below the belt, wasn't the case dropped?
Yes, he's been cleared off of it apparently. But as the law enforcer of the game you're expected to focus on the game not the players.

Also this gem,
"You are very different now, since you've played for England - you never used to be like this."- to Lallana.