Gaming Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) | Full game and online multiplayer confirmed in free PS VR2 update

Leg-End

Shame it’s cross-gen but totally expected.

Will buy.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What’s it about?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
When Walt Kowalski's neighbour, Thao, tries to steal his 1972 Gran Torino, he decides to help him reform. However, Walt gets involved in a feud with a local gang leader when he saves Thao from them.
Wow sounds sensational. What a premise!

Wal2Fra

Really hoping for a big single player career mode. Not played any of the recent installments but I believe they were heavily focused on online gameplay (happy to be corrected)

This was the game I was most excited about with the original ps5 game list announcement, shame it was pushed back but hopefully the March release is locked in!

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I was reading that there's only ray tracing in the game during the replays. That seems odd and slightly disappointing.

MuFc_1992

A bit off topic but what is the pest racing game I can get on PS5? I've been playing Dirt 5 on EA Play and its quite good so, I'm thinking of buying a racing game once my subscription expires.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The old GT on the PS1 was comfortably the best racing game I've ever played. Shame they couldn't capture that magic on the newer consoles.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
The old GT on the PS1 was comfortably the best racing game I've ever played. Shame they couldn't capture that magic on the newer consoles.
I think that until they can implement proper crash dynamics and damage to the cars, the divide between realistic graphics and immersion will always be a slight issue. It didn't matter quite as much back then but if they could add decent collisions into it then it would be hard to fault.

Nanook

Micro transactions ruined GT for me. Part of the fun for me anyway was grinding races and saving up to buy a better car.

On the last GT I bought you could buy the best car in the game for like £3.99.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Will play it on PS4, but can't wait for it.

Hopefully we get far bigger rangw of cars and tracks this time, but considering they can't be bothered to change speed and lap times hud I am not expecting too much.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Problem with GT for me is it suffers from there being actual good competition now.

Back in the day it was literally miles ahead of everything else in terms of visuals, content and realism.

Now you've got loads of games that are visually just as impressive, games like Forza which have about 1,000 cars all with ridiculously accurate attention to details, and games like Project Cars which allow similar simulation to GT but with the added bonus that it actually feels like a real crash when you try to use the car in front as a make shift bumper at a corner.

So GT is just nostalgia factor, really.

Although obviously I'm still going to rip myself off and buy it even if its a pile of shite.

Ainu

The same thing that has bothered me about Gran Turismo for ages still bothers me in that video. Lacklustre trackside detail makes the entire thing look so sterile. Yes, I know you're not looking at the environments while driving, but even without focusing on it, it brings the overall presentation down. It's lifeless and static and it's just so disappointing to see there has been virtually zero improvement in that area. It's not all bad though, the lighting does look lovely and a significant improvement over GT Sport.

Bosws87

Driveclub was miles more immersive in cockpit view then any of the forza’s or Gran Turismo’s.

rizx

Just give me a used cars market like in gran turismo 4 and it's a 10/10 for me

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
The same thing that has bothered me about Gran Turismo for ages still bothers me in that video. Lacklustre trackside detail makes the entire thing look so sterile. Yes, I know you're not looking at the environments while driving, but even without focusing on it, it brings the overall presentation down. It's lifeless and static and it's just so disappointing to see there has been virtually zero improvement in that area. It's not all bad though, the lighting does look lovely and a significant improvement over GT Sport.
Sizing was problem with GT Sport for me, you literally need 75'' TV to drive a track that you don't know in detail, because every curve is a surprise that you can't see until it's too late.

I don't think GT would work with computer displays at all.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Gotta say I am less and less impressed with every new video.

Superunknown

Driveclub was miles more immersive in cockpit view then any of the forza’s or Gran Turismo’s.
What a game. It got a lot of flack, but I loved it. No pissing about with customisation. It looked bluddy gorgeous, too. :drool: