Gaming Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) | Full game and online multiplayer confirmed in free PS VR2 update

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I picked up the Logitech G Pro series wheel and pedals. Damn thing set me back nearly $1,500. But the response and realism is just insane. I bought it to play F1 22 on the PS5, as I am up to advanced level on that now, and doing full length GPs.

My question is how does GT7 compare? I’m looking for something different, for a change of pace, but definitely lean heavily towards simulation more than arcade.

onemanarmy

Got a PS5 recently and I was a big fan of GT 1 to 3. This worth getting? I heard you'd need to spend money to get actual good cars?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Got a PS5 recently and I was a big fan of GT 1 to 3. This worth getting? I heard you'd need to spend money to get actual good cars?
If you liked the first 3 then yes, it's the best iteration of GT yet (even if GT2 was relatively a better game in the day). I haven't spent owt real yet and I have some nice cars, like previous versions though, getting some of them involves a good grind.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
So, I've bought it for PS4 yesterday, and after playing it for few hours - I am really disappointed. 5 years after the GT sport(which itself wasn't big improvement), this is basically the same game.

Number of cars is 20ish more than in GT sport, but I guess that means more cars of the same model but different livery and performance, and something like that, because manufacturers from Europe have far less cars. Mercedes has total of 1 modern car, Audi is really weak too, and I am sure they lowered the number of BMW models too. F1 car is not there either?

Driving on High speed ring hasn't much improved from GT2 which was 20 years ago(well, graphics aside), and hitting the walls is still quickest way to drive around the track. Rally is somehow even worse than it was, and it was always terrible.

I am so glad I didn't spend the initial fee on this game, I will probably spend few more hours on this game and will probably hardly play it anymore.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
So, I've bought it for PS4 yesterday, and after playing it for few hours - I am really disappointed. 5 years after the GT sport(which itself wasn't big improvement), this is basically the same game.

Number of cars is 20ish more than in GT sport, but I guess that means more cars of the same model but different livery and performance, and something like that, because manufacturers from Europe have far less cars. Mercedes has total of 1 modern car, Audi is really weak too, and I am sure they lowered the number of BMW models too. F1 car is not there either?

Driving on High speed ring hasn't much improved from GT2 which was 20 years ago(well, graphics aside), and hitting the walls is still quickest way to drive around the track. Rally is somehow even worse than it was, and it was always terrible.

I am so glad I didn't spend the initial fee on this game, I will probably spend few more hours on this game and will probably hardly play it anymore.
There is, i think you get it either for golding a challenge or getting gold in every challenge to complete that set of missions.

The whole menu book stuff is rubbish, but i am having alot of fun getting gold lap times on everything. I did all the licenses to gold first, then the initial set of missions to gold (i will go back to the endurance set one day), i am now in the process of getting gold on the circuit experiences. Ive managed to get gold on the Nurburgring (which is 9.5/10 difficulty imo) and a few other super difficult ones. Doing this has made the game a proper challenge.

In my opinion it's a PS5 game. The haptic feedback off the controllers is an awesome feature, specially on rally courses.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

To be fair dude, I think playing GT7 on anything other than PSVR2 with a good wheel setup isn’t going to show it at its best.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
It peaked somewhere around GT3 - gt4, it's the Forza model now where you've got great cars after about 2 races. Was supposed to be a grind, just shite now.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think it was a pretty good version. The PS5 model is excellent. I still dip in every few months to complete races they update with but not fussed about grinding every car.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
@afrocentricity you'll be happy to know I tried this in PSVR 2 and lasted a good 30 seconds before I had to nope the heck out of there.

Going up hills is so disorientating. How do you not want to throw up afterwards?
That was me in the beginning, tried a few more times (stoned specifically) and that was that, I can take most VR now. Hey, try Wipeout in VR if you can!

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
That was me in the beginning, tried a few more times (stoned specifically) and that was that, I can take most VR now. Hey, try Wipeout in VR if you can!
Cool I'll try that next time I'm round my mate's if he has it.

I should add that it seemed pretty good before that. The lack of weight makes it a much improved experience over the original PSVR.

Matty7

I love the concept of GT, but the 'career' races are not really races, more time trial - as you are just trying to catch the front car which starts half a lap ahead.

Also the AI are dreadful and slow, even on hard. SOPHY looks good, but they need to add this to every track/race. Then add qualifying or something. The game just feels bare and empty.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is much better in terms of racing. However that game just lacks content and lots is behind DLC.

afrocentricity

Cool I'll try that next time I'm round my mate's if he has it.

I should add that it seemed pretty good before that. The lack of weight makes it a much improved experience over the original PSVR.
Ok I won't be a cnut..... Wipeout is pretty hardcore with all the loops and that, but it's worth trying once, so just go easy. Or get stoned?

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
To be fair dude, I think playing GT7 on anything other than PSVR2 with a good wheel setup isn’t going to show it at its best.
Yeah, I cannot comment on graphics since I am aware I am playing it on PS4, but anything else is basically the same game as before. Handling is literally the same as it was 15 years ago, I don't think any setup will improve it any more than it would improve any other game. For example, F1 game is easily the most realistic and fun car game, I don't think Gran Turismo comes close even with F1 being so limited on 20 cars and 20 tracks.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
There is, i think you get it either for golding a challenge or getting gold in every challenge to complete that set of missions.

The whole menu book stuff is rubbish, but i am having alot of fun getting gold lap times on everything. I did all the licenses to gold first, then the initial set of missions to gold (i will go back to the endurance set one day), i am now in the process of getting gold on the circuit experiences. Ive managed to get gold on the Nurburgring (which is 9.5/10 difficulty imo) and a few other super difficult ones. Doing this has made the game a proper challenge.

In my opinion it's a PS5 game. The haptic feedback off the controllers is an awesome feature, specially on rally courses.
Catching times and getting credit for new cars is basically what's most exciting, so same as the last game, especially licences stuff. As someone said, racing with other cars is not racing but time trial with moving cones.

And yeah, the menu book and the main game menu itself is rubbish, Test Drive Unlimited was 15 years ago and main menu was better than GT7.

United Hobbit

We've just got this as it's a game me and my husband can play together

However need some advice as to what cars to prioritise in terms of purchasing them with credits - is it better to get one of the invitation ones as the invitation expires, one of the "limited stock" legend cars, or one of the "limited stock" market cars?

We were looking at the limited stock ones but wondering if it's better getting the invitation ones as is it a case of once the invitation goes, there goes your chance for ages/ever while the others are on a rolling programme?

What are the best things to generate credits? Want to mix up the grinding with the more fun things so it isn't a case of complete everything then just grind...

Also is there a list of all the cars that you get given for various things, so we can avoid duplicating them - don't want to buy them if you're going to get them for free and can instead use the credits on one which must be purchased

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
We've just got this as it's a game me and my husband can play together

However need some advice as to what cars to prioritise in terms of purchasing them with credits - is it better to get one of the invitation ones as the invitation expires, one of the "limited stock" legend cars, or one of the "limited stock" market cars?

We were looking at the limited stock ones but wondering if it's better getting the invitation ones as is it a case of once the invitation goes, there goes your chance for ages/ever while the others are on a rolling programme?

What are the best things to generate credits? Want to mix up the grinding with the more fun things so it isn't a case of complete everything then just grind...

Also is there a list of all the cars that you get given for various things, so we can avoid duplicating them - don't want to buy them if you're going to get them for free and can instead use the credits on one which must be purchased
As always with GT, try to complete licences and circuit experiences as they give you lot of money.

I didn't bother with legend cars and invitation(I got some really shit offers like Bugatti Veyron for 2m credits, wtf?) as they are all too expensive anyway. Some used cars are good value, and some uses cars aren't good value(the expensive one) early in the game as I read even the limited one return after some time in the game, so you can buy them later when you have more money.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
As always with GT, try to complete licences and circuit experiences as they give you lot of money.

I didn't bother with legend cars and invitation(I got some really shit offers like Bugatti Veyron for 2m credits, wtf?) as they are all too expensive anyway. Some used cars are good value, and some uses cars aren't good value(the expensive one) early in the game as I read even the limited one return after some time in the game, so you can buy them later when you have more money.
Absolutely this – even if you just do the Bronze rating on the circuit experiences, you get an awful lot of money.

The other thing to do is pay attention to the cras you drive during these – as it is a great place to try out different cars and find out what cars best suit your driving.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I golded everything in terms of circuit experiences, menus, licences and the missions and I pretty much had enough to complete most things for the platinum. I just had to grind one of the missions (one hour endurance) to get all of the legend cars for the trophy as they are around 10 million each.

You can just Google and go on trophy hunter to find which ones you'd like.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
After being critical when I bought it, I really can't stop playing it in the last month or so. It's such a good game.

I still stand with some of the criticism from before, and another to add to that list is that I wish it had more F1 tracks, but everything else is ridiculously good. Those dry/wet long races are excellent. Circuit expereience is so good, as always.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
After being critical when I bought it, I really can't stop playing it in the last month or so. It's such a good game.

I still stand with some of the criticism from before, and another to add to that list is that I wish it had more F1 tracks, but everything else is ridiculously good. Those dry/wet long races are excellent. Circuit expereience is so good, as always.
Definitely on my list of games I’m eager to play. The original / Ps2 era GT remains for me the best driving game ever made. Just a different level altogether. And while I’ve fallen off the racing game radar, GT7 seems like a perfect game to get back and give them a go.

But right now it’s far too expensive. Hoepfully it comes on PS plus eventually or maybe a big discount. It’s one of those games I imagine you’d have to play for a good while to get the most out of? So not one to sell off after a couple of months.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Definitely on my list of games I’m eager to play. The original / Ps2 era GT remains for me the best driving game ever made. Just a different level altogether. And while I’ve fallen off the racing game radar, GT7 seems like a perfect game to get back and give them a go.

But right now it’s far too expensive. Hoepfully it comes on PS plus eventually or maybe a big discount. It’s one of those games I imagine you’d have to play for a good while to get the most out of? So not one to sell off after a couple of months.
They update it monthly with new content so no, it has a lot of replay value.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons

You definitely need to become good at it, to fully enjoy it. Also you need to learn the tracks, if you don't know the tracks then it's an annoying and not enjoyable game, IMO.

I play it on PS4, I bought it for around 20 euros I think.

Superunknown

Downloaded the latest update last night. The Lake Louise tracks are just lovely. I'm a sucker for that whole snow + night-time + reflecting lights aesthetic. :drool:

This is such a good game. I hope we get more snow tracks coming. Only criticism is that I'd like to see more tracks in that Asia-Oceania area. Maybe a China-based track.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
You definitely need to become good at it, to fully enjoy it. Also you need to learn the tracks, if you don't know the tracks then it's an annoying and not enjoyable game, IMO.

I play it on PS4, I bought it for around 20 euros I think.
Yeah, I used to love the gran turismo games where we would choose a car and a track then me and the lads would just compete for best lap times.

Lotus Elise, midfield raceway (I think) GT4. Great times.

pacifictheme

Got over 700 races online and about the same offline as well. Been playing it since launch, absolutely love it.

afrocentricity

Downloaded the latest update last night. The Lake Louise tracks are just lovely. I'm a sucker for that whole snow + night-time + reflecting lights aesthetic. :drool:

This is such a good game. I hope we get more snow tracks coming. Only criticism is that I'd like to see more tracks in that Asia-Oceania area. Maybe a China-based track.
All still available in VR I take it?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

I’d love to get that new members only race track in Japan near Tokyo or Okayama race circuit. Unfortunately the good race tracks in Asia are either Australia or Japan. China’s are not great.

From Australia, Philip Island, Eastern Creek or the Adelaide Street circuits are the only ones I’d spend the money on scanning.

pacifictheme

Yeah most days if I can. If there is a decent week for online it can consume my gaming time completely.

It's a shame the world series are only on during the day at weekends as I love them but can't really play the game until the evening after the time slots are gone, a really weird decision imo