Not open for further replies.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
    DDG
    Williams Tuanzebe Lindelof Telles
    Matic
    McTominay Donny
    Amad Greenwood James​

won’t happen, but I think this would be enough to beat them. Expect to see Maguire, Bruno & Rashford starting.
    It should be enough, but as you said - won't happen. If we lose, or even draw 0-0, it will be seen as "arrogant Ole under-estimates opponents".

Adcuth

If these are fully committed to the low block, do we need any type of double DM pivot like we normally use? fecking go at them and secure the tie.

Cavani​

Pogba Bruno Greenwood​

Donny Mctominay​

Shaw Maguire LIndelof AWB​

Henderson​

TrustInOle

Strongest team possible barring fitness problems. We go for the jugular early and get it sown up tomorrow.

always_hoping

DDG
    Williams Tuanzebe Lindelof Telles
    Matic
    McTominay Donny
    Amad Greenwood James​

won’t happen, but I think this would be enough to beat them. Expect to see Maguire, Bruno & Rashford starting.
    Of course it won't happen, 9 changes from Sunday for an away Quarter final tie simply isn't going to happen. .

I only see 3 changes made.

Degea for Henderson
    McTominay for Fred
    James for Rashford

Smores

Another chance to give the squad minutes for match fitness and our youngsters minutes to grow. No doubt we'll play the usual lot with maybe one change.

Gator Nate

Travelling Squad (according to MEN)

Goalkeepers
    : David De Gea, Dean Henderson, Lee Grant, Nathan Bishop.

Defenders: Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, Alex Telles, Axel Tuanzebe, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Brandon Williams.

Midfielders: Amad, Bruno Fernandes, Fred, Daniel James, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay, Paul Pogba, Donny van de Beek.

Forwards: Edinson Cavani, Anthony Elanga, Mason Greenwood, Marcus Rashford.

Mata is back, Elanga has been included but no Shoretire... Bailly is still in Ivory Coast
    And a partridge in a pear tree...

Four goalkeepers. One starter, one backup, one thank-you-for-your-service-here's-a-free-trip-to-Spain, and one come-along-and-get-a-feel-for-this-because-you'll-be-the-backup-soon.

AgentSmith

Another chance to give the squad minutes for match fitness and our youngsters minutes to grow. No doubt we'll play the usual lot with maybe one change.
    It’s still a European quarter-final.

Admittedly not the competition we’d like it to be in but it’s still our only shot at silverware this year. Be crazy to see it as merely a chance to rest the first teamers and give the youngesters a run out.

Within the context of Champions League football next season winning the Europa League is as valuable as winning a league title as well.

As close to a full strength XI for me as possible, apart from Rashford.

Stevondo8

Ddg
    AWB Tuanzebe Maguire Shaw
    Fred Pogba
    Amad Bruno James
    Greenwood

Couple of changes, nothing too major. Rashford given a break and I’m just working in the assumption the Lindelof struggles with his back a bit so Sun/Thur/Sun might a struggle for him.

Mata, VDB and others to come on should we get 2/3 up.

Kag

Who are you referring to, exactly?

I expect Ole will field a strong team because he feels that his squad needs to win a trophy. I’d agree with him.

USREDEVIL

Who are you referring to, exactly?

I expect Ole will field a strong team because he feels that his squad needs to win a trophy. I’d agree with him.
    Yep. If we put ourselves up by 2 or 3 goals we can then give a rest to some of the starting 11 for the next match. They should literally be playing for their own break.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
    This better be the last year we ever play in this league. Big games going on in Champions League and he we are on a Thursday night playing Granada... Never again I hope.
    I hate to break it to you but it is almost certain we will be back in the Europa at some stage. You could argue there are now ten clubs going for four places in the league, clubs will yo-yo between Champions League and Europa League.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
    I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
    I hate to break it to you but it is almost certain we will be back in the Europa at some stage. You could argue there are now ten clubs going for four places in the league, clubs will yo-yo between Champions League and Europa League.
    I refuse to accept that. We should always make top 4 and always get past the first stage of the Champions League, ten clubs may be going for four places every year but only two of those can spend as much as we can, anything else should be considered a failure.

Adcuth

This better be the last year we ever play in this league. Big games going on in Champions League and he we are on a Thursday night playing Granada... Never again I hope.
    If we were better we'd still be in the CL, don't expect us to improve that much within 1 year

SAFMUTD

Full strenght, we dont need any surprises in this one is the last one thropy we can win.

always_hoping

In your life time? Are you 10 years old? :lol: We usually did fine when we were favourites back in the good old days.
    He has a valid point.

Even in the good old days of Ferguson United had to take a few group stage champions exits on chin and were knocked out of uefa Cup/Europa League by the likes of Athletic Bilbao, Rotor Volgograd, Torpedo Moscow.

city-puma

Official website has a new short training video. Both Rashford and Elanga are involved. Hope Ole gives Elanga an opportunity.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
    Someone please explain to me why we have 4 keepers in the squad when we have the likes of Hannibal not traveling.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
    In your life time? Are you 10 years old? :lol: We usually did fine when we were favourites back in the good old days.
    Not really. The early years before the tipping point of beating Juve, United used to struggle constantly in the CL. But as Fergie said back then, its about learning the European game and acquiring 'knowledge before being consistent threats to winning ol' Big Ears.

It's not an overnight process.

There will be ups & downs, bumps & bruises in acquiring that institutional knowledge. That's why one of the biggest long term damage Moyes did was to rid the club of that institutional knowledge.

RashyForPM

Time to rest Rashford now. He wants to play but he’s clearly getting nursed through games already. He’s always hobbling when he comes off. This is the time to start VdB. European game against a low block team, just the perfect game for him to dominate, like he did at Ajax. I suppose DDG now becomes the EL keeper too.

DDG
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Telles
    McT VdB
    Greenwood Bruno Pogba
    Cavani

0-1 United.

Thiagoal

Can’t understand why so many people want to rest players! This competition is our season now- we should cruise to Champions League qualification! Rest players in the league or the second leg if we get a good victory tonight

Highfather_24

------------------DDG
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Telles
    -------------McT Pogba
    --------Mata Bruno James
    -------------Greenwood

Need to rest Rashford, Cavani and Shaw for Tottenham. Bring on VdB, Amad and Williams around 60mins if the match is won.

A-man

I have to admit it feels awkward, sad and annoying to see the big boys play and not be part of that. However that is how it is is now. Football is so much more competitive and we are in a weaker position than back on the day. To get top-4 is hard, and at the same time survive the CL group (with last years semi finalist Leipzig and finalist PSG) is an even more difficult task.

justsomebloke

I doubt we'll field a very weakened team, although Granada certainly didn't look very awe-inspiring against Molde. If anything, the results there flattered them. Still, it's a quarter final, and can't be taken too lightly.

Bobade

Can’t understand why so many people want to rest players! This competition is our season now- we should cruise to Champions League qualification! Rest players in the league or the second leg if we get a good victory tonight
    Spot on. Its a quarter final, let's field a good team and hammer them, get the tie sewn up.

But we have Spurs three days later... So what? They are 11 points behind us and yes they battered us at the start of the season, but I still would back us to win. It isn't a must win game either.

pauldyson1uk

Strongest team available should be put out this is our only chance of winning something that season, anything but full strength is an insult.
    None of this resting players bullshit, we are at the sharp end of the season, players need to push though and get the job done.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
    De Gea
    Wan Bissaka Tuanzebe Maguire Telles
    Matic Pogba
    Amad Van de Beek James
    Greenwood​

0-3.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
    De Gea
    AWB Lindelöf Maguire Telles