Gaming Grand Theft Auto VI | Trailer out now

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Vice city and San Andreas were amazing for me, but getting older really sucks the fun out of games for me because I can't spend the whole day playing it like I used to.

Feck getting old!

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Okay.... my requests:

Much, much more things to do in the single player after the main quest. I'm talking going old school GTA 1-2... were you can join a choice of gangs, but you can't join them all because they hate each other. I'm talking fire truck missions, and police missions. I'm talking prison missions. I'm talking restaurant missions. I'm talking making a criminal empire. Etc

Many many more locations. The GTA V map is huge but everything takes place in the bottom left hand corner because that's where it is. The GTA San Andreas map is smaller, but feels bigger because you spend your life travelling between locations.

Better multiplayer. Loading times are annoying, but forget that. You should be able to own a cab company and change the name and logo and colour on the cabs. Then those cabs would show up in other peoples games. Then if they blow them up, your stock goes down, or if they use them, it goes up. You should be able to spend money with friends to part buy properties and companies... and get profits based on your share.

But yeah, it just still needs to be GTA

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Firstly, forgive me for bumping this thread when there's no official update - a horrific sin.

Last few weeks though there seems to be some organic traction gaining with this game and various speculation.

My attitude to gaming is pretty blasé these days but speculation of a new GTA takes me right back to reading magazine articles in PSM with big Vice City and San Andreas reveals, and being so excited just that there was simply a countdown webpage to the first teaser trailer of GTA IV.

If GTA VI is announced to come out as a PS5 exclusive I will jizz everywhere. It's disappointing that PS4 gen never got a dedicated version of the game. Perhaps you could say RDR2 was Rockstars only chance at it. Even GTA VI will probably be nerfed somewhat to be released on current gen as well as next gen. Though if RDR2 is anything to go by it'll be amazing.

Once again I am sorry.

Raw

Firstly, forgive me for bumping this thread when there's no official update - a horrific sin.

Last few weeks though there seems to be some organic traction gaining with this game and various speculation.

My attitude to gaming is pretty blasé these days but speculation of a new GTA takes me right back to reading magazine articles in PSM with big Vice City and San Andreas reveals, and being so excited just that there was simply a countdown webpage to the first teaser trailer of GTA IV.

If GTA VI is announced to come out as a PS5 exclusive I will jizz everywhere. It's disappointing that PS4 gen never got a dedicated version of the game. Perhaps you could say RDR2 was Rockstars only chance at it. Even GTA VI will probably be nerfed somewhat to be released on current gen as well as next gen. Though if RDR2 is anything to go by it'll be amazing.

Once again I am sorry.
Absolutely 0% chance that it'd be a PS exclusive :lol:

Unfortunately Rockstar these days care more about raking cash in from their online services.

AaronRedDevil

Rockstar has been very lazy this gen. Refusing to make a single player DLC for GTA 5 or RDR2 when fans are begging for it for years. Just putting crap into online and charging it 5mil for a car. I have played a lot of GTA online, I still am. Its enjoyable. But the games are desperate for dlc, What happened to CJ or Mcgready for GTA 5 and Sadie Adler for RDR 2.

Last gen they made. GTA 4,5, Mad Max, LA Noire and RDR. 2 brand new games. Yet they can't do shit this gen. GTA 5 was a bit shit in story standards. RDR 2 was a masterpiece for me at least. Incredible game. Just they could have easily done more but they are focused on multiplayer!

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I think they’re incredibly overrated games. Only one I ever really got into was Vice City.
I’m the same. I want to like them. I try to like them and GTA V was impressive to look at but I just seem to give up on them pretty quickly.

I always feel frustrated with the driving mechanics. Such a big part of the game and it just doesn’t feel right. Dunno what it is but like you, I haven’t really done a lot on any since I completed GTA Vice City.

Tiber

Rockstar has been very lazy this gen. Refusing to make a single player DLC for GTA 5 or RDR2 when fans are begging for it for years. Just putting crap into online and charging it 5mil for a car. I have played a lot of GTA online, I still am. Its enjoyable. But the games are desperate for dlc, What happened to CJ or Mcgready for GTA 5 and Sadie Adler for RDR 2.

Last gen they made. GTA 4,5, Mad Max, LA Noire and RDR. 2 brand new games. Yet they can't do shit this gen. GTA 5 was a bit shit in story standards. RDR 2 was a masterpiece for me at least. Incredible game. Just they could have easily done more but they are focused on multiplayer!

They aren't lazy. They are busy swimming in the oceans of money GTA online is making. They even added an F1 ripoff to Online last week

Also, calling the story of GTA 5 a bit shit is crazy.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think the future of GTA will be online, I fear GTA 6's single player will be an after thought with the online taking priority. I'll probably still end up buying it but I'm not expecting it to be on the level of San Andreas.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think the future of GTA will be online, I fear GTA 6's single player will be an after thought with the online taking priority. I'll probably still end up buying it but I'm not expecting it to be on the level of San Andreas.
No chance. They will have an absolutely cracking single player story line and then it will be online taking over just like V.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
GTA V was released almost 7 years ago ffs, I can’t believe the PS4 is going without a proper GTA release rather than just the remaster of the PS3 game.

It doesn’t look likely that VI will land any time soon imo, they’re not arsed when the old one is still raking in crazy money from online multiplayer.

I agree with @horsechoker and I fear the next GTA will be a massive let down and that proper single player will be ignored.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
agree with @horsechoker and I fear the next GTA will be a massive let down and that proper single player will be ignored.
A lot of people were saying that before RDR2 though because of GTAV and it turned out to not be the case. It was their biggest, most sprawling and detailed game yet.

I can't see it happening. Rockstar have their reputation based on their games garnering insane review scores and people first buying them for single player. GTAVI will be a while away yes but it won't neglect the single player.

Adamsk7

GTA V was incredible. I actually never completed the single player as it got a bit samey after a while (inevitable considering how much was crammed in there) BUT the multiplayer has been the best (and at times worst) experience I think I have ever had in gaming - quite often me and three good mates who don’t see each other nearly enough would do some jobs or heists and the hilarity and carnage that ensued was just a joy! Quite often I would be literally crying with laughter down my mic and all I could hear back through the headphones was the same.
That’s what gaming is all about IMO

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

Come on, you can accuse Rockstar of many things, but saying they're lazy isn't one of them. Red Dead Redemption 2 is one of the most dense, single player experiences we've ever seen in gaming. I'm not a fan of RD2, but it's an impressive game. Most game companies could release a trilogy of games, DLC and all, and still not come close to the single player content in RD2.

It would also be crazy for them not to focus on multiplayer.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I don’t know what they would do for a GTA 6, really. I think there were members of the team saying something similar at one point, including Dan Houser. We’re obviously in a time that’s almost beyond satire and parody. That’s not to say that GTA needs to be constrained to these parameters, but that’s obviously a huge part of these games.

Dan Houser also announced that he’s leaving the studio a few weeks ago, and considering that he was the main creative force who was responsible for writing nearly all of the GTA games and Red Dead Redemption, i’m not sure where that leaves them.

At this moment in time, GTA 5 is so huge there’s no reason for them to rush into a sixth instalment.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think they’re incredibly overrated games. Only one I ever really got into was Vice City.
I used to absolutely love the GTA games and be pumped for each new release. But GTA5 was the end of the fan in me. Eventually I think I moved beyond games with such basic gameplay mechanics. Or at least the fascination with them went down. I'll always play them for the 'fun factor' but they no longer register among my most cherished gaming experiences. Same with the latest Red Dead.

Abizzz

GTA5 Single Player is like 5% of what GTA5 is nowadays. The fun is in online, and I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they ditched SP for GTA6 altogether. Playing with / against other people is an entirely different level to playing through a 'story'.

That said I don't think we'll see gta6 until far into this decade.

AaronRedDevil

Come on, you can accuse Rockstar of many things, but saying they're lazy isn't one of them. Red Dead Redemption 2 is one of the most dense, single player experiences we've ever seen in gaming. I'm not a fan of RD2, but it's an impressive game. Most game companies could release a trilogy of games, DLC and all, and still not come close to the single player content in RD2.

It would also be crazy for them not to focus on multiplayer.
If you read the rest of it, you’ll see I called RDR 2 a masterpiece. I love that game, best open world I’ve ever seen, feels very real and alive. Like Witcher 3. But what I’m saying is the made ONE game this gen. they ported up GTA 5 to this gen when it was made it the last year for the last gen. That’s what I mean by lazy. They can easily do better then that. They’ve plenty of teams to do so. Not saying they should make 4 new games, just more then one isn’t asking much.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
They could merge some of the bigger single player missions with optional matchmaking like other games such as Destiny or Division which also have open world areas.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
If you read the rest of it, you’ll see I called RDR 2 a masterpiece. I love that game, best open world I’ve ever seen, feels very real and alive. Like Witcher 3. But what I’m saying is the made ONE game this gen. they ported up GTA 5 to this gen when it was made it the last year for the last gen. That’s what I mean by lazy. They can easily do better then that. They’ve plenty of teams to do so. Not saying they should make 4 new games, just more then one isn’t asking much.
Rockstar isn't one studio, it's over half a dozen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_Toronto#As_Rockstar_Toronto
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_North#As_Rockstar_North
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_London
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_San_Diego#As_Rockstar_San_Diego
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_India
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_Leeds#As_Rockstar_Leeds
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_New_England#As_Rockstar_New_England

I did think we'd see GTA:VI-CE this gen...

AaronRedDevil

They could merge some of the bigger single player missions with optional matchmaking like other games such as Destiny or Division which also have open world areas.
I’d like that idea. But as long as the other guy backs out I’ll still be able to play the mission. It won’t kick me out of the game. That’s the major problem with GTA5 online. Can’t complete a mission without some idiot leaving the minute it starts.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I’d like that idea. But as long as the other guy backs out I’ll still be able to play the mission. It won’t kick me out of the game. That’s the major problem with GTA5 online. Can’t complete a mission without some idiot leaving the minute it starts.
I think that's how monster hunter world works. Although I never really see random people joining my session.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'm positive there'll be a single player, but this time there'll be no illusions of a single player DLC. They'll go straight into the online side of things.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't think anyone can blame Rockstar with GTA V. I don't think they could have anticipated how well it would be received and the amount of content they've made available for it has meant that massive youtubers have been able to keep uploading content in GTA V and remain happy along with their viewers. They aren't stupid though and know that there are a lot of people who are casual online players but want a great story.

Looking back at GTA V the story didn't feel that long. You can complete it in a day or two if you really want to. They should really make some of the content available offline in a Forza Horizon 4 style though. I.e each month there is content that comes out and you have the choice to play it online or offline. There were times that I really wanted to be able to create custom heists by myself. I haven't played it for a while but in terms of heist customisation they could have taken it much further. Being able to choose a jewel store to rob and exactly how you wanted to do it without being given options was what they promised and didn't really give.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
A lot of people were saying that before RDR2 though because of GTAV and it turned out to not be the case. It was their biggest, most sprawling and detailed game yet.

I can't see it happening. Rockstar have their reputation based on their games garnering insane review scores and people first buying them for single player. GTAVI will be a while away yes but it won't neglect the single player.
I hope you’re right, but it’s the lack of single player DLC and the absolute rinsing of the online side of it since release that just makes me worry about it.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I don't think anyone can blame Rockstar with GTA V. I don't think they could have anticipated how well it would be received and the amount of content they've made available for it has meant that massive youtubers have been able to keep uploading content in GTA V and remain happy along with their viewers. They aren't stupid though and know that there are a lot of people who are casual online players but want a great story.

Looking back at GTA V the story didn't feel that long. You can complete it in a day or two if you really want to. They should really make some of the content available offline in a Forza Horizon 4 style though. I.e each month there is content that comes out and you have the choice to play it online or offline. There were times that I really wanted to be able to create custom heists by myself. I haven't played it for a while but in terms of heist customisation they could have taken it much further. Being able to choose a jewel store to rob and exactly how you wanted to do it without being given options was what they promised and didn't really give.
The big question is whether Rockstar decides to help the RP community by providing the tools to help them, they currently have a very strange attitude towards the RP community.

Either way, i'm thinking GTA 6 will blow everyone away in it's sheer scale and visuals.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I did read the rest of it. They're not lazy. They're one of the hardest working studios in the business. The point I'm making is, is that you said they made one game this gen, but this isn't a "normal" game. It's almost incomparable to any other game that has been made. The time and money they put into it is unheard of, really. They could've easily made two or three games in that time, probably. But they dedicated all their time to that game. Also, they work a lot on the online aspect of things, whether that's GTA 5, or RDR2. That may be something you aren't too fussed on, or at least you think they should put their time and effort into single player content instead, but in no way is that down too laziness. They just going where the money is taking them. They've released a lot of online content for GTA 5 and RD2.

Last edited:

Bojan11

Well because it's my fantasy and you never know it's plausible that it could be a timed exclusive of sorts.
Why would a game being exclusive to a system be your fantasy? Weird.

And no it’s not plausible. It makes a shit load of money on Xbox and the shark cards.

hobbers

Hopefully there's another car sales glitch at the start that lets me make hundreds of millions and i can continue never having to buy a shark card :lol: