Gaming Grand Theft Auto VI | Trailer out now

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I think they’re incredibly overrated games. Only one I ever really got into was Vice City.
I agree tbh. I absolutely love Vice City and III. VC is one of my favourite games of all time, but the rest I've had trouble getting in to.

Also I find the movement/physics in V to be absolutely awful, I can't believe how awkward and bad it feels just simply moving around.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
There’s a song on the radio all the time at the moment that makes me think of Vice City every time I hear it, it’s just got a real 80’a vibe to it and I can picture driving along the beach front road with it blaring.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
There’s a song on the radio all the time at the moment that makes me think of Vice City every time I hear it, it’s just got a real 80’a vibe to it and I can picture driving along the beach front road with it blaring.
Is it WHAM! - Everything She Wants?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I don’t know what they would do for a GTA 6, really. I think there were members of the team saying something similar at one point, including Dan Houser. We’re obviously in a time that’s almost beyond satire and parody. That’s not to say that GTA needs to be constrained to these parameters, but that’s obviously a huge part of these games.
There's so much potential for taking the piss still though, more than ever I would've thought, especially with certain world leaders.

And loads of options for new protagonists. I still want a bent cop and another proper street gangster character.

I think they’re incredibly overrated games. Only one I ever really got into was Vice City.
Prat

Ainu

I agree tbh. I absolutely love Vice City and III. VC is one of my favourite games of all time, but the rest I've had trouble getting in to.

Also I find the movement/physics in V to be absolutely awful, I can't believe how awkward and bad it feels just simply moving around.
All three games on the PS2 were incredible for me. GTA III was mind blowing at the time, I'd never seen a 3d open world like it before. Vice City took that game and gave it the perfect 80's makeover (with motorcycles!) and then San Adreas took it to a massive scale. I guess 4 and 5 were okay but nothing compared to those 3 games. The formula was definitely getting stale and for me they haven't done nearly enough to freshen it up. If GTA VI follows on that path, I don't think I'll be all that interested. I'm sure it'll be a huge success online but I really don't care about any of that.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

I don't think they're overrated, but I don't look back at any GTA game with fondness like I do with GTA3 and VC.

I've played all of them and they were fun, but i've never wanted to go back and replay them. I have however finished GTA3 and VC multiple times.

hubbuh

Psychedlic Furs - Love my way?

Hoof the ball

VC is a superb game, but it also has that distinct quality of making people reminisce to an era they don't remember or weren't a part of. It's quite incredible. Everything from soundtrack to pop culture references and character stereotypes was perfect. Absolutely perfect. The whole Miami Cuban influence, the rapid development of Miami in the cocaine age, the aesthetic of the neon lights on a beach front, etc.

From what I've heard, VI is meant to be once more set in the 1980's in Miami with rumours that there's a secondary accessible map location based in Mexico, which adds to the rumours that they're running the cocaine and drug trade angle. There's scope for parodies of El Chapo, Escobar, etc. Also, another fantastic 80's aesthetic with vastly superior visuals and soundtrack.
Who the feck wouldn't be hyped for another Vice City?

Ainu

VC is a superb game, but it also has that distinct quality of making people reminisce to an era they don't remember or weren't a part of. It's quite incredible. Everything from soundtrack to pop culture references and character stereotypes was perfect. Absolutely perfect. The whole Miami Cuban influence, the rapid development of Miami in the cocaine age, the aesthetic of the neon lights on a beach front, etc.

From what I've heard, VI is meant to be once more set in the 1980's in Miami with rumours that there's a secondary accessible map location based in Mexico, which adds to the rumours that they're running the cocaine and drug trade angle. There's scope for parodies of El Chapo, Escobar, etc. Also, another fantastic 80's aesthetic with vastly superior visuals and soundtrack.
Who the feck wouldn't be hyped for another Vice City?
I wouldn't. GTA constantly retreading the same ground doesn't exactly interest me.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Please don’t create pointless side threads about stories being complete. That could have easily gone in here

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I was an avid GTA and PlayStation fan and then that Xbox Wally showed his GTA tattoo and 15 year old me wasn’t happy about it. I never did get over that timed exclusivity DLC deal.
Same Peter Moore who was CEO of Liverpool when they won the Premier league and Champion's League :(

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Top 5 things you don’t like about him the most, go:
feck off leave him alone. The feck are you anyway? fecking coming in here acting like Billy Big Tasty Bollocks stirring shit. You're worse than Elvis. You make Elvis look like Hitler Mother Teresa Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina candles a less horrible person than he is.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Just to be clear, this is the official gta 6 thread
R* have really made me go off GTA with the way they dealt with GTAV .

I enjoyed GTAV but not enough to buy it 5 times. The fact that the GTA Online was so badly done that a single dev could work out the issues and fix it is crazy

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
What if this is GTA 6,and we've been living in it the whole time? :eek:

R* are always pushing the limits and perhaps they've turned real life into GTA

@Bojan11