Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

Lance Uppercut

Rockstar Games has officially announced Grand Theft Auto V is in development. The debut trailer for the game will be released on November 2.

Reports have long suggested Rockstar is hard at work on GTA V, with industry insiders and analysts pointing towards a likely 2012 release.

In June, sources allegedly close to the developer said the title is "well under way", with final touches like mini-games already being applied.

Repeated rumours have suggested the game will be set in real world Los Angeles.

The first signs of the game crept online back in February via an actor's CV, and were quickly followed by some suspicious Rockstar-registered URLs.

Last March, a casting call for an "interactive project" from Telsey & Company, a firm regularly used by Rockstar, hinted that the game is being codenamed 'Rush' and features characters including a "Welsh monk/cult leader/yoga teacher", a "weed evangelist", a "swinger" and - top of the pops - "an ugly but comfortable mellow Californian divorcee". Hmmm. 'Rush'. Which city immediately springs to mind when you hear that phrase?
CVG

Sweet. :drool:

Cina

Strange, I'd have expected them to wait until the next generation. They've been going down alternate routes in this console generation, Red Dead (amazing), LA Noire (not so amazing) and I thought they might continue that way.

They really need to improve on the graphics though, LA Noir was way behind the current crop of games coming out.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Not a fan of the GTA games, which is weird coz I loved RDR (or Grand Theft Horse-o). I'm sure it'll sell squillions, though.

Red_Aaron

I tried several times but just couldn't get in to IV, have loved all the others though so hopefully this'll rekindle my interest

i'd have liked to see them go with a more international flavour, somewhere like Rio would've been immense

Lance Uppercut

I loved 4. I just avoided all of the dates and going to the pub shite.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I tried several times but just couldn't get in to IV, have loved all the others though so hopefully this'll rekindle my interest

i'd have liked to see them go with a more international flavour, somewhere like Rio would've been immense
This.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
A modern version of GTA London would have been imense

The last thing we need in the UK is anything else convincing the youth of today they are gangstas from south central LA :lol::lol:

Plan M

Cue someone posting "GTA IV was crap and boring, San Andreas was the best because we could pretend we were gangstas and pop a cap in your arse yo"

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
GTA IV was crap and boring, San Andreas was the best because we could pretend we were gangstas and pop a cap in your arse yo

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
"Hmmm. 'Rush'. Which city immediately springs to mind when you hear that phrase?"

Is that LA then? No city sprang to my mind.

Leg-End

I hope they don't go too whacky with this one, Saints Row covers that area well now.

Some over the top comedy characters are a neccessity of GTA but I get more enjoyment out of a more serious main story working with twunts and then turning on them towards the end.

Oh and I hope there is less of that filter bollocks they had for 4, some of the PC mods for it which enchanced the lighting and removed the filters showed what it really should look like.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
Why LA though? Take it somewhere else. Someone mentioned Hong Kong, that would be a brilliant alternative
I mentioned Hong Kong before, but have the scope of San Andreas with multiple environments and then you can have the City itself, the New Territories and Shenzhen on the Chinese mainland which would add a new dynamic to proceedings.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I mentioned Hong Kong before, but have the scope of San Andreas with multiple environments and then you can have the City itself, the New Territories and Shenzhen on the Chinese mainland which would add a new dynamic to proceedings.
That really would be cool

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck

Judging by the logo....Chicago? Las Vegas? Personally I want a game akin to San Andreas, IV bored me immensely

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
It's definitely in the States. 11.02.11 is an American calender form, it'd 02.11.11 if it was set in Britain I'd reckon. Also, that's basically a 5 dollar bill representing the V.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
San Andreas was an excellent game. The scenery/gameplay was so varied compared to the previous games it meant you could play it and almost never get bored.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
San Andreas was possibly the most playable game of all time. There was always something new to find. I remember when I first found the hillbilly hut with the decent moonshine car outside, creepy as feck, but brilliant.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Maybe for you, I had to force myself to finish it once......hated it.
I hated the storyline once it got past Las Venturas, but it had everything. Planes, Fighter Jets, Parachuting, Swimming, Car customization, gambling, tattoos, jet packs, dildo's to beat up hookers and not to mention 3 cities and between those cities forests, mountains and deserts. IV was too gritty/realistic to me, Grand Theft Auto doesn't work in that setting.