Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The consoles are so powerful now the next game should incorporate Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City, and Los Santos all in the one map.
To be fair I’ve never been a huge fan of the series. I remember the original on PS1 and the only others I’ve completed are 3 and Vice City.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
To be fair I’ve never been a huge fan of the series. I remember the original on PS1 and the only others I’ve completed are 3 and Vice City.
Loser!

Isn't that a bit of a cop out? Secret jetpack missions aside the main narrative of the stories of GTA has always been rooted in reality.
Why did you remove the part of my post talking about how females actually have done the things you talked about?

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
:lol:

I don’t see how a female protagonist fits the bill of a GTA game personally. Women don’t tend to be drug kingpins, carjackers, bank robbers or anything else in the realm of what GTA is about.
She would feel a bit out of place.
Its a fecking video game. But if you want to use that argument then maybe you should look up Griseld Blanco or Enidina Felix

evil_geko

I wouldn't care much if there was a female protagonist if the character was actually interesting, not just put in there just because it's female and different. But I hate the "it's a video game" argument, yeah, it's a video game that is trying to be realistic. Stop with the "cop out" argument.

Like when I see arguments when someone points out something stupid in a Zombie movie for example and people argue "it's a Zombie movie man, how can you complain about X and X", yeah it's a Zombie movie where some grounded reality has to exist, otherwise let's have characters randomly walk through walls and fly, it's a fantasy Zombie movie after all.

This rant went a bit off topic, but yeah, I hate the lazy "cop out" argument.

Last edited:

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
TBF if I'm doing stunt jumps 100m into the air at 200mph or standing on the roof of a skyscraper blowing helicopters up with a rocket launcher, suddenly realising I was playing as a woman would seem a little unrealistic to me.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I wouldn't care much if there was a female protagonist if the character was actually interesting, not just put in there just because it's female and different. But I hate the "it's a video game" argument, yeah, it's a video game that is trying to be realistic. Stop with the "cop out" argument.

Like when I see arguments when someone points out something stupid in a Zombie movie for example and people argue "it's a Zombie movie man, how can you complain about X and X", yeah it's a Zombie movie where some grounded reality has to exist, otherwise let's have characters randomly walk through walls and fly, it's a fantasy Zombie movie after all.

This rant went a bit off topic, but yeah, I hate the "cop out" argument.
Well if you're not going to give the character a chance, and actually find out if they're interesting, and instead just say she's there because she's female and different, then we might as well admit something to ourselves, shouldn't we?!

Also, making presumptions on a game based on the rumoured gender of a main character. Change the fecking record would ya.

Abizzz

TBF if I'm doing stunt jumps 100m into the air at 200mph or standing on the roof of a skyscraper blowing helicopters up with a rocket launcher, suddenly realising I was playing as a woman would seem a little unrealistic to me.

I don't care if I'm playing a woman or not, I want killing sprees back.

GTA Online allows for 2 characters per user and one of mine is a woman.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I sincerely hope the next Spiderman game will be a Spiderwoman. It would just make it so much more interesting tbh for reasons I can't really express. Come on guys it's 2021 already.

evil_geko

They could do the thing where they give you the chance to play as a man or a woman, and then not tell you which one is canon. :D
That would be the worst thing they could do, in Assassin's Creed since they went with "choosing character" route, the characters have been terrible. Just make a great character and go with it, stop trying to please everyone. That is impossible and story suffers because of it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I sincerely hope the next Spiderman game will be a Spiderwoman. It would just make it so much more interesting tbh for reasons I can't really express. Come on guys it's 2021 already.
Who’s the central character in Grand Theft Auto?

Also hasn’t there just been a black Spider-Man? That must have blown your mind.

Abizzz

Stop trying to ruin my games sjw!

I hope you realise how much you're mentally scarring the other players having to see a...
...woman.
I don't play with randoms and I've never had a complaint!

In all honesty about 20% of the regular players I play with are women and they all play as women and most of the dudes play as women as well. If we're in a race of 25 most of the time 15-20 characters will be women :nervous:

evil_geko

What does that have to do with anything?
Because if you don't like to see a woman as a gangster in GTA story and find it unrealistic personally, you suddenly hate all women, all people of color, everyone gay and something more probably. Normal arguments are done on this forum long time ago.

Abizzz

Because if you don't like to see a woman as a gangster in GTA story and find it unrealistic personally, you suddenly hate all women, all people of color, everyone gay and something more probably. Normal arguments are done on this forum long time ago.
You're fine but you will be judged for thinking GTA ever was realistic.

Hoof the ball

It is true that women are exceptions to the rule in those areas of crime; nonetheless, they do exist, and sometimes at a very high level. Sicarios, bosses, etc. A game based upon a female sicario, for example, would be realistic because they do exist.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
They can't see the woods for the identity politics.

Alfie092

Any news on when GTA 6 could potentially be released?

It feels like now I've done all the big things in online, I've got all the businesses, tons of vehicles, all the weapons, millions of clothings, all the missions and heists. All I'm doing now is trying to buy as many cars as possible to stock my 3 tier garage with the best cars in the game but I've lost the buzz to even do that...

All my mates who I used to play GTA with at least 2-3 times a week no longer play apart from 1 of my friends but he will only probably be on it twice in a month at most and that's the only time I really enjoy playing GTA still. My other friends who have quit are willing to start playing it as well now here and there because they admit they do miss the game and the fun we used to have.

Is there anything we can do to keep it enjoyable for a while??

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

I don’t see how a female protagonist fits the bill of a GTA game personally. Women don’t tend to be drug kingpins, carjackers, bank robbers or anything else in the realm of what GTA is about.
She would feel a bit out of place.
Catalina from San Andreas and GTA3 fits the bill for that. She was nuts. Put her in Vice City trying to establish the cartel again, that could work.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Nothing new, this place is all about judging and prejudice recently.
Yeah, but the judging and prejudice is coming from YOU.

"Oh, a wimmin might be the main character so it must be because of a gimmick or social justice warriors."

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
In the grand scheme of things it's a pretty casual opinion that the recipe of one of the greatest entertainment franchises of all time doesn't need to be unnecessarily changed from the way it has been since its very first inception, particularly when the only real argument put forward for it is that it might be interesting. I suspect if you polled every GTA player (or more importantly; customer) the majority would agree with me. Not sure why on here some are taking such offence to the idea of personal preference. Certainly brings out the nasty side of a few people pretty quickly, they must be constantly simmering away looking for something to take issue with.