Gaming Grand Theft Auto VI | Trailer out now

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Still completely bemused by the totally underwhelming way they chose to acknowledge this once in a generation Titan of a game for the first time.
It's not really an announcement but more of an acknowledgement.

I think the first real announcement will tell us the name and logo (will probably be GTA VI but who knows) and give us a trailer.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Imagine thinking after 5 came out that there wouldn’t be another instalment for nearly 15 years, but it seems likely.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Imagine thinking after 5 came out that there wouldn’t be another instalment for nearly 15 years, but it seems likely.
I don't think anyone expected GTA Online to have the success it did, GTA IV had multiplayer and it was just another online multiplayer.

If GTA Online didn't become the phenomenon it did, we would have the next GTA by now.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don't think anyone expected GTA Online to have the success it did, GTA IV had multiplayer and it was just another online multiplayer.

If GTA Online didn't become the phenomenon it did, we would have the next GTA by now.
Yeah probably, I’ve never even played online. Seems like the main thing people use it for now though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
https://www.xfire.com/rockstar-reportedly-speeding-up-gta-6-development/

Probably speeding up because they’ve realised they’re missing out on the huge uptick caused by lockdown, which is likely already dying down a bit but will continue to have an effect for the next decade.

Not that they’ve missed out that much considering the silly amount being made from gtaV, but can you imagine if gta6 had come out in the last few years?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
https://www.xfire.com/rockstar-reportedly-speeding-up-gta-6-development/

Probably speeding up because they’ve realised they’re missing out on the huge uptick caused by lockdown, which is likely already dying down a bit but will continue to have an effect for the next decade.

Not that they’ve missed out that much considering the silly amount being made from gtaV, but can you imagine if gta6 had come out in the last few years?
It was always gonna need an update and I wonder if they've crunched the numbers and realised GTA Online is heading for a decline.

They've stretched 5 to 3 console generations across a decade, there simply isn't any more stretching it can do.

This may end up coming out towards the end of the ps5 like GTA 5 and PS3 so we may see the enhanced edition on ps6. However I don't know if this console generation will see a longer period between console releases due to the economic uncertainty of these recent years.

hobbers

They actually permanently shelved a comeback of their best online versus mode because of sensitivity over police violence? How predictably pathetic.

Chairman Steve

Removing a cops and robbers game mode because of George Floyd seems incredibly stupid. That can’t be true. Are we sure it’s not another reason and they just said that to gain social justice points?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
They actually permanently shelved a comeback of their best online versus mode because of sensitivity over police violence? How predictably pathetic.
Why is it pathetic to care about the messaging of products you're putting in the market?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Not giving rockstar a single cent after they refused to uncap frame rates for their console ports. Money grabbing cnuts just like most of the big developers.

hobbers

Why is it pathetic to care about the messaging of products you're putting in the market?
Because it's not about bringing a new product to market. It's releasing a free update that should have already been in the game from release (like it was in GTA IV). And the market is solely GTA players, who are already playing a game that is designed around criminals vs police, and riffs on literally all the bad stuff in the world. No GTA player would have complained about a Cops n Crooks mode being added back in 2020.

It's just brainless hypothetical pandering to people who aren't even in your customer base.

And to put it in even more context, did Rockstar also pull all the 'products' they sell at exploitative prices on GTA Online that revolve around the militerisation of police? I dont actually know but I'm sure they didn't.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
But the development of Grand Theft Auto VI has been slower than impatient fans and even longtime employees have expected
fecking hell, tell us what you really think of "impatient" fans.

After that cash grab a few months ago I'm really wary about their proposal to release more cities over time. I'd be surprised if this didn't come with a day one season pass. But going back to a single protagonist is good.

Balljy

fecking hell, tell us what you really think of "impatient" fans.

After that cash grab a few months ago I'm really wary about their proposal to release more cities over time. I'd be surprised if this didn't come with a day one season pass. But going back to a single protagonist is good.
Yeah, I can't see how that works on the single player side of the game and the way it's worded suggests multiple added cities. I'm not sure how much of a game we'll get initially.

I don't think it is single protagonist from what I've read. It suggests it's a bonnie & Clyde type thing with two of them, but maybe more focused on one.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah, I can't see how that works on the single player side of the game and the way it's worded suggests multiple added cities. I'm not sure how much of a game we'll get initially.

I don't think it is single protagonist from what I've read. It suggests it's a bonnie & Clyde type thing with two of them, but maybe more focused on one.
That's still okay as far as I'm concerned. Don't get me wrong, I like the dynamic between the trio in V but something about the more focused story in the other games just felt better.

I'm placing a bet for it to be £60 at launch, £20-£30 per "expansion".

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
All I can think about is how good GTA V is and how good RDR2 was which came a gen later and now the new one will be on an even more recent gen. Cock out and throbbing tbh

Balljy

That's still okay as far as I'm concerned. Don't get me wrong, I like the dynamic between the trio in V but something about the more focused story in the other games just felt better.

I'm placing a bet for it to be £60 at launch, £20-£30 per "expansion".
I think the problem with V was that the protagonists spent a fair amount of time apart so it was quite disjointed at times. As long as the two are together in this one, or you mainly play one of them that would help.

Almost certainly price-wise. some of the cities might be multiplayer only as well. Rockstar don't exactly have a great track record for single player expansions in V.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
That is what they should have done with V while extending its lifespan as opposed to re-releasing the same game again and again. It has good mechanics, great world, it could have easily had story DLCs and another location.

I cannot wait for the next one anyway. It probably won’t come before 2026 or 2027 though.

RedDevilRoshi

That is what they should have done with V while extending its lifespan as opposed to re-releasing the same game again and again. It has good mechanics, great world, it could have easily had story DLCs and another location.

I cannot wait for the next one anyway. It probably won’t come before 2026 or 2027 though.
Sadly I think you are right, cannot see it coming out this current gen. Reckon it will be released when Sony & Microsoft release their next gen consoles.

Møllemanden

Sadly I think you are right, cannot see it coming out this current gen. Reckon it will be released when Sony & Microsoft release their next gen consoles.
I'm sure it will be here for PS5. With the extremely slow production time for the PS5, you can't expect a new console within 5 years. A PS5 right now in my country is still £720 for the absolute cheapest version. And that's if you're willing to do business with a shady internet company. The biggest retailers have no ps5 consoles in stock, and can't say when they'll be available for delivery.

Sarni

2026 or 2027 is still this generation, these consoles came out in 2020 and there were 7 years before XO/PS4 and current generation. I imagine the lifespan may be slightly longer now if limited availability persists. They will basically close the current generation with GTA6 and release next one immediately in 2028 or so when the next gen arrives. Though I wont be surprised if it’s not out until 2028.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
They’ll do exactly what they did with GTAV and RDR2. Release it towards the end of the current generation when everyone has loads of consoles, then on PC a year later, then an upgraded version on the next gen. Then another upgraded version on the next next gen.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
You think Rockstar would miss out on the absolute cash bonanza this will be on PS5 and then have it roll into a cash bonanza on a ps6? GTA5 went through ps3 to ps5, Rockstar will absolutely get on the ps5 bandwagon

Sarni

You think Rockstar would miss out on the absolute cash bonanza this will be on PS5 and then have it roll into a cash bonanza on a ps6? GTA5 went through ps3 to ps5, Rockstar will absolutely get on the ps5 bandwagon
Microsoft have already sold 14 million Xbox Series X/S in just over a year and a half of this generation. Considering they sold 85 million of Xbox 360, this will probably go beyond that and reach 90 million with another similar number of PlayStations sold by Sony. Yeah, they will release it for this gen.

hobbers

Of course they'll release it for this gen. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to re-release it for next gen. And then re-re-re-release it for the two gens after that.