Granit "The Hacker" Xhaka | Likes his reds

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
He's actually by far the worst and I've watched the likes of Smertin.
Absolute nonsense. Xhaka is a player with clear flaws but fantastic left foot. Give him space and he can play great balls. He doesnt deal with pressure well and can be an idiot sometimes. But he is good PL player. But offcourse we live in a world where everything has to be exaggerated.

Robbie Boy

Absolute nonsense. Xhaka is a player with clear flaws but fantastic left foot. Give him space and he can play great balls. He doesnt deal with pressure well and can be an idiot sometimes. But he is good PL player. But offcourse we live in a world where everything has to be exaggerated.
Tbf, I've agreed that he is actually the second worst PL player of all-time. My revised list is 1) Jay Spearing 2) Xhaka 3) Alia Dia (closely followed by Bebe but doing a top 4 list would be silly and far too subjective).

I admit I may have slightly exaggerated calling him the worst but he is definitely by far the second worst PL player of all-time. I will only be open to re-amending my list subject to further information being made available about poor quality players playing in the PL era.

Swiss_Red89

Tbf, I've agreed that he is actually the second worst PL player of all-time. My revised list is 1) Jay Spearing 2) Xhaka 3) Alia Dia (closely followed by Bebe but doing a top 4 list would be silly and far too subjective).

I admit I may have slightly exaggerated calling him the worst but he is definitely by far the second worst PL player of all-time. I will only be open to re-amending my list subject to further information being made available about poor quality players playing in the PL era.
I think Djemba-Djemba is also in with a shout...But i accept your list, switzerlands best central midfielder of the last 20 years or even more is in the top 3 of the PL all time worst players. We're really shit aren't we?:lol:

Last edited:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Apart from the penalty he played really well i thought. It's strange to see him constantly doing stupid things for Arsenal as for Switzerland he rarely does them.
He was nothing more than a foul machine, and should have been sent off to go with giving away a penalty.

What was it, seven fouls? Was absolutely disgraceful refereeing that he stayed on the pitch for the full 90. Somehow escaped a yellow for the penalty as well.

Robbie Boy

I think Djemba-Djemba is also in with a shout...But i accept your list, switzerlands best central midfielder of the last 20 years or even more is in the top 3 of the PL all time worst players. We're really shit don't we:lol:
Djemba x 2 was the next Keane, don't forget. He also scored against Leeds.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I think Djemba-Djemba is also in with a shout...But i accept your list, switzerlands best central midfielder of the last 20 years or even more is in the top 3 of the PL all time worst players. We're really shit don't we:lol:

My god I'm so, so sorry.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Thinking about it, it really is the case.
Maybe Johann Vogel (played for PSV, Milan, Betis Sevilla and Blackburn) can match him, but if i had to choose it would be Xhaka.
Inler was pretty good for Napoli for a little spell, wasn't he?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Thinking about it, it really is the case.
Maybe Johann Vogel (played for PSV, Milan, Betis Sevilla and Blackburn) can match him, but if i had to choose it would be Xhaka.
Does he play poorly for Switzerland as well or are his performances better when compared to Arsenal?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I think Djemba-Djemba is also in with a shout...But i accept your list, switzerlands best central midfielder of the last 20 years or even more is in the top 3 of the PL all time worst players. We're really shit aren't we?:lol:
No way he's better than Sforza :houllier:

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
He's alright, not good enough for a title-winning side which is why we have him I suppose. If he didn't do so many stupid tackles I'd like him a lot more.

Swiss_Red89

No way he's better than Sforza :houllier:
Yeah Sforza definetly is a good shout...forgot about him. But i would say they are/were on equal levels.

Inler was pretty good for Napoli for a little spell, wasn't he?
Inler had a good spell in the Serie A yes, but i personally never rated him. He was technically to limited and as soon as he faced high tempo football he struggled. That's why he only visited the bench and the stands at Leicester in 2016.

Does he play poorly for Switzerland as well or are his performances better when compared to Arsenal?
He plays solid and good most of the time. He is the key player for the possesion based football our Coach Petkovic wants to play. And most important, he very rarely has the brainfarts he shows regulary for Arsenal. Hard to say what's the reason for this.

Xyx

Supports
Arsenal
He's actually a fairly good player if you don't judge him mainly on the rash tackles and the few misplaced passes he makes that get exaggerated. His major weakness is that he's not good under pressure. However, in nearly every match where he doesn't start we end up playing noticeably worse than usual because we miss his passing.

Guendouzi can ping beautiful balls every now and then but Xhaka is more consistent at making the right passes in the final third, even if they're more conservative and often towards the wingbacks. No wonder Emery likes him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
He's actually a fairly good player if you don't judge him mainly on the rash tackles and the few misplaced passes he makes that get exaggerated. His major weakness is that he's not good under pressure. However, in nearly every match where he doesn't start we end up playing noticeably worse than usual because we miss his passing.

Guendouzi can ping beautiful balls every now and then but Xhaka is more consistent at making the right passes in the final third, even if they're more conservative and often towards the wingbacks. No wonder Emery likes him.
He is actually very good player in slower tempo. He just make stupid tackles sometimes and obviously he lacks pace. But I love the weight of his passes and his left foot is a gem. He would get in most PL teans including United. But he rubs people the wrong way and people tend to be harsh on a player if they dont like him.

Denis79

He is actually very good player in slower tempo. He just make stupid tackles sometimes and obviously he lacks pace. But I love the weight of his passes and his left foot is a gem. He would get in most PL teans including United. But he rubs people the wrong way and people tend to be harsh on a player if they dont like him.
True, don't like him one bit, through and through cnut.

montpelier

Benali & Frank Sinclair.

montpelier

Xhaka's not any better than having a nice left foot, decent continuity passer & a hits a decent dead ball - I have seen worse, but not that many first choice in a key role for the Top 6.

I mean, at everything else except the above, he's fecking dreadful, notably decision-making, tackling & scoring.

Last edited:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That terrible pass towards the right he made at the end.

Heard good things about him before he came to Arsenal. What a disappointment he has been.

Nick7

2-2 at home to Palace and he’s more concerned with wasting time and sticking it to the Arsenal fans that getting off so his team can try win the game. What a captain that man is.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If they were booing him for being shite then I think his reaction was fair enough (even though he is indeed shite). If they were booing him for being too slow to leave the pitch when they need a goal then that's his fault.

TheReligion

Abusive
It always causes trouble when I post in this thread so I'll just remind everyone he's always been shite and most certainly isn't better than Paul Pogba.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
I can completely understand his reaction.

There is no "Classenal" anymore. Years before Wenger left this started.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
If they were booing him for being shite then I think his reaction was fair enough (even though he is indeed shite). If they were booing him for being too slow to leave the pitch when they need a goal then that's his fault.
The booing wasn't immediate, it was after a few seconds when the fans noticed he was walking off like we were 3-0 up. His reaction was shit either way, you're a pro, you can't ignore a few boos?