Granit "The Hacker" Xhaka | Likes his reds

Ludens the Red

Ofcourse you do, everyone has a right to, but then the person you're abusing (yes, saying feck off to someone is abusing) has every right to do that him/herself and shouldn't be called out for it.

Where have you been?

1. This is the second time in a row he's been booed off
2. He has been abused by fans when in his car with his wife
3. He has been regularly abused online, with some comments going after his wife.

So, no, this isn't one occasion but a toxic atmosphere that been festering at the club for years no. Social media being the biggest contributor.

It seems more than just the booing. Hes been made a scapegoat since being made captain (not his choice) hes continuously being played even though his performances warranted being dropped (not his decision)
He and his pregnant wife have had abuse by arsenal fans online even over his kid thats just been born. Theyve even confronted the pair in his car to abuse him.
Seems all this has added to it and hes lost it.
That’s all well and good but we’re talking about the incident inside the stadium. Every footballer gets abused online, it’s disgraceful don’t get me wrong but that’s not got anything to do with what happened on the pitch on Sunday. Surely Xhaka can separate idiots online to the majority of game going gooners who are mostly decent folk and wouldn’t engage in such rotten behaviour.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
That’s all well and good but we’re talking about the incident inside the stadium. Every footballer gets abused online, it’s disgraceful don’t get me wrong but that’s not got anything to do with what happened on the pitch on Sunday. Surely Xhaka can separate idiots online to the majority of game going gooners who are mostly decent folk and wouldn’t engage in such rotten behaviour.
Not when the harrass him and his wife at his car.

Bestofthebest

So who were the people booing him if the majority of the game going gooners are mostly "decent folk who wouldn't engage in such rotten behaviour" ?

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I’m surprised at how soft some of the posters are on this thread. Xhaka has been stealing a living for years, playing really poorly and comes out with a load of rubbish in the media all the time.

He’s well worthy of the stick he gets. I agree he has the right to give it back, but if he does then he should know it will escalate, because he’s not got any credit in the bank. He’s been a terrible player for them and he’s a muppet.

I don’t get the idea that giving stick to players is a modern thing, it’s been around ever since I started going to games and I’ve never had a problem with it. Why doesn’t he just start playing well if he doesn’t like it? The other option is to move down a level or two.

LVGSdive

I agree he has the right to give it back, but if he does then he should know it will escalate.
The only soft people out of all of this are the crybaby Arsenal fans. Give out loads and loads of abuse then can't take a tiny bit back.

In my book Xhaka barely did anything, after I read about it I thought he would have been walking much slower than Sky made it out. Then a little ear cup and apparently he said f##k off which I didn't even see him do.

it wasn't like he done a Ron Artest and ran into the crowd to fight the fans or Kung fu kicked a fan like Cantona.

If you dish it out (Arsenal fans are the worst for this which says a lot), then you have to be able to take it back, which they can't. It's the reason why AFTV is so popular; seeing these crybaby fans ranting like ex wife's when their precious team loses a football match. First World problems.

Last edited:

King Eric 7

He's supposed to be a professional footballer. Part of being a pro for me (in any walk of life) is being able to handle criticism (even if it's over the top or uncalled for) from paying customers without reacting negatively. The abuse he gets online is out of order but he just shouldn't react to what he hears in the stadium. Reacting that way is unhelpful both to his club and himself.

Ludens the Red

Not when the harrass him and his wife at his car.
40,000 Arsenal fans were harassing him and his wife at his car?

So who were the people booing him if the majority of the game going gooners are mostly "decent folk who wouldn't engage in such rotten behaviour" ?
Not really sure booing a player and sarcastically applauding him constitutes as ‘rotten behaviour’ ... it’s actually very mild.
There’s quite a large gap between that and abusing someone’s wife and kid.

Ludens the Red

He's supposed to be a professional footballer. Part of being a pro for me (in any walk of life) is being able to handle criticism (even if it's over the top or uncalled for) from paying customers without reacting negatively. The abuse he gets online is out of order but he just shouldn't react to what he hears in the stadium. Reacting that way is unhelpful both to his club and himself.
Last line is the main thing really. How has that reaction helped at all?
It just causes more drama around the club and further alienates the fans. No Arsenal fan, even the ones who applauded him off are gonna go. “Oh good old Xhaka telling us to feck off, cupping his ears, taking of his shirt and storming down the tunnel, love a bit of that”.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Ofcourse you do, everyone has a right to, but then the person you're abusing (yes, saying feck off to someone is abusing) has every right to do that him/herself and shouldn't be called out for it.

Where have you been?

1. This is the second time in a row he's been booed off
2. He has been abused by fans when in his car with his wife
3. He has been regularly abused online, with some comments going after his wife.

So, no, this isn't one occasion but a toxic atmosphere that been festering at the club for years no. Social media being the biggest contributor.
Can you make a post without using the word toxic. I’m sure every post has something toxic, toxic masculinity, toxic fans, toxic toxic toxic.

I’m sure you’re being outraged for the sake of it and trying your best to link a player being booed with depression.

He got booed, he’s club captain, he shouldn’t have reacted like he did. Simple as that.

No need for all the toxic and depression you keep adding to every post

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't blame him. I get that he's not what they want him to be, but I think his reaction is entirely understandable. Is there the rule in football that the customer is always right? It's a game of passion, not just for the fans.

Denis79

I'll be honest. I have no sympathy whatsoever, not because he told the fans to feck off but he's been provocative in the past and the tables turn sooner or later.

Sterling Archer

The toxic masculinity in this thread is pathetic.

Yea. So funny booing or own players, giving them death threats, harassing their pregnant wiives. Bunch of pussy Arsenal players, right?

Adams openly talked about his own depression during the mid 90s. Wtf are you talking about?

“Then I got injured and couldn’t play football, which was my release. Football saved me and killed me: if I hadn’t had football, maybe I would have learned to deal with my feelings instead of suppressing them.

This is the whole fecking problem.
Bloody good post.

It's part of the empathy impotency that comes from being an internet critic. All of a sudden humans are to behave like robots and these bullies behind the screen think they have a pulse on reality beyond their soiled underpants.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Out of curiousity does anyone know of a prior incident of a player's own team's fans booing him off the pitch when he's substituted, ostensibly just for not being much good? I'm guessing there's been a few with players who were trying to force their way out or disrespecting their clubs?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I did read "toxic masculinity" right ? I am saying because I know at least one woman who thought Xhaka was a bit soft (just like the Arsenal players and fans in general).

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Out of curiousity does anyone know of a prior incident of a player's own team's fans booing him off the pitch when he's substituted, ostensibly just for not being much good? I'm guessing there's been a few with players who were trying to force their way out or disrespecting their clubs?
Nani - we were drawing/losing and he was ambling off the pitch and he then started getting boo'd, think a team mate then rushed him off the pitch.

I think if you're earning millions to win football matches, being watched by people sacrificing a lot of time and money, and they see a player not giving a crap about a result (strolling off like it's a summer Sunday afternoon feeding ducks) then you're going to get a reaction - and not a good one.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I did read "toxic masculinity" right ? I am saying because I know at least one woman who thought Xhaka was a bit soft (just like the Arsenal players and fans in general).
Toxic masculinity is a societal thing. Just because there are also some women who believe in the stupid idea that men need to be "hard" and only have about three emotions, doesn't change the fact it's toxic masculinity.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Nailed it.

The fans are being a bunch of babies. Never much liked Xhaka but I sympathise here. He's well within his rights to give some back.

Hope he finds a better club than these. Must be an awful crowd to play for.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Reminds me of this discussion on BTSport. For some reason inside stadiums fans are granted immunity from things and they feel like they’re in a bubble of immunity because players don’t respond back usually when they abuse them and the police and stewards don’t do anything. How many times have we read reports come out after the game about things happening rather than action taking place within the game? Obviously this Xhaka stuff is just booing but it’s ridiculous that players are just expected to shut up each week when they’re being abused religiously and it’s even more of a joke when it’s your own fans doing it. Everyone is wired differently. Fellaini had the mentality at United that he would never respond when you all abused him unfairly, he just got on with it. Xhaka clearly has a different temperament and that is fine. It doesn’t make either a lesser human than the other. In both cases the fans are the individuals that need to look at themselves. It’s hilarious to think that you should be able to abuse someone and then expect nothing back. It’s even more hilarious when it’s 40’000 of you abusing on individual and that one individual fights back and you’re more offended by that. Arsenal fans are absolute fecking wetwipes and they deserve to be shite with the toxicity surrounding their supporters. As much as we laugh about AFTV i’d be pissed off with it if I was a member of the board at Arsenal. It’s given a bunch of idiots the platform to infect a negative aura around a bunch of fans and catapult it to the front of the fan-base. Some of the stuff they put out is horrific from that point of view.

kouroux

Toxic masculinity is a societal thing. Just because there are also some women who believe in the stupid idea that men need to be "hard" and only have about three emotions, doesn't change the fact it's toxic masculinity.
It's not about being hard or having no emotions. It's all about crying " for the right" reasons for me. Torreira crying here in this instance, if it's true, is very weak for me.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
He's been thrown under the bus by Emery but he doesn't help himself. His performances have been average for years so he decides to let him be captain. He shouldn't be in the first XI let alone captain.

I'm not in anyway happy about the boos but when we are chasing 3 points just get off the pitch quickly, him strolling off casually is what pissed off an already unsettled fanbase. Fans are unhappy with the performances anyway so piss them off anymore?

montpelier

When I was going to games some of the crowd would have reacted in his favour - as long as he was perceived to be trying.

And he didn't do very much, might have got off quicker I suppose.

He's never looked anything like good enough, bar the occasional 'good hit'

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers

We used to shout “off off” when one of our bad players was getting booked.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers

...in your opinion.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Eboue, someone posted that video on twitter.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
...in your opinion.
What a pointless post. Obviously it's my opinion, every post in this forum is someone's opinion. Do you want everyone to add "in my opinion" to the end of every post they make?

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
What a pointless post. Obviously it's my opinion, every post in this forum is someone's opinion. Do you want everyone to add "in my opinion" to the end of every post they make?
Not necessarily but it would be better than you claiming things are facts rather than your opinion, which is what you did.

In my opinion ‘toxic masculinity’, may/may not exist. Regardless, what the Arsenal fans were doing was fair game. Xhaka has been taking the p’ss since he signed for them.

Nick7

Not necessarily but it would be better than you claiming things are facts rather than your opinion, which is what you did.

In my opinion ‘toxic masculinity’, may/may not exist. Regardless, what the Arsenal fans were doing was fair game. Xhaka has been taking the p’ss since he signed for them.
Nope. People shouldn't have to sign off every post of their with in my opinion. Use some fecking reading comprehension. It's what normal people do.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Reminds me of this discussion on BTSport. For some reason inside stadiums fans are granted immunity from things and they feel like they’re in a bubble of immunity because players don’t respond back usually when they abuse them and the police and stewards don’t do anything. How many times have we read reports come out after the game about things happening rather than action taking place within the game? Obviously this Xhaka stuff is just booing but it’s ridiculous that players are just expected to shut up each week when they’re being abused religiously and it’s even more of a joke when it’s your own fans doing it. Everyone is wired differently. Fellaini had the mentality at United that he would never respond when you all abused him unfairly, he just got on with it. Xhaka clearly has a different temperament and that is fine. It doesn’t make either a lesser human than the other. In both cases the fans are the individuals that need to look at themselves. It’s hilarious to think that you should be able to abuse someone and then expect nothing back. It’s even more hilarious when it’s 40’000 of you abusing on individual and that one individual fights back and you’re more offended by that. Arsenal fans are absolute fecking wetwipes and they deserve to be shite with the toxicity surrounding their supporters. As much as we laugh about AFTV i’d be pissed off with it if I was a member of the board at Arsenal. It’s given a bunch of idiots the platform to infect a negative aura around a bunch of fans and catapult it to the front of the fan-base. Some of the stuff they put out is horrific from that point of view.
Well said.

I have absolutely no sympathy, not adhere to this ridiculous belief some have that fans at stadiums should be left free to abuse players without pointing out their nonsense. Fans who boo and abuse players, especially their own players are the absolute worst in my eyes and i'm quite glad seeing a player telling them off.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Kinda with you here.

On one hand, I have no issue with somebody crying/showing emotion. But on the other, would I want to be in a team where my teammates are breaking down in tears over something like this? Not sure I would. In these kind of crisis situations I'd prefer a bit of composure and fight, rather than tears.

But I guess everyone reacts to certain situations, and maybe Torreira has grown up in a culture where they approach these kind of situations differently.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Get em Granit, fans who boo their own players deserve no respect. Get the feck out of here.
This.

Those pathetic lots who think it's their right to abuse others(players) because they've paid for their tickets deserves 0 sympathy for being told off.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Nope. People shouldn't have to sign off every post of their with in my opinion. Use some fecking reading comprehension. It's what normal people do.
I didn’t say they did, check your own reading comprehension.

kouroux

Kinda with you here.

On one hand, I have no issue with somebody crying/showing emotion. But on the other, would I want to be in a team where my teammates are breaking down in tears over something like this? Not sure I would. In these kind of crisis situations I'd prefer a bit of composure and fight, rather than tears.

But I guess everyone reacts to certain situations, and maybe Torreira has grown up in a culture where they approach these kind of situations differently.
Maybe he has, anything is possible. It still needs to be 100% sure Torreira was actually crying for that reason anyway.

JNicholas

Supports
Arsenal
I think it's a very sad situation. Xhaka has been booed before by Arsenal fans and he was always going to explode at some point.

He's human and he had at least 10% of that crowd booing him off the pitch. I feel the press have also caused this rift by constantly tearing into Xhaka when it wasn't always merited. Impressionable young fans believe what they hear and read and act out on these opinions.

I hope he actually comes back and sticks It to the fans by dropping a massive performance.

Last edited by a moderator: