Granit "The Hacker" Xhaka | Likes his reds

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The fans are paying customers that have received a substandard service from an employee of the company they pay a subscription to.

If an opposition player did that, then fine (I was fine with Adebayor's celebration for example). But an employee should treat his own customers better.

It's almost the equivalent of a waiter telling a restaurant goer to f-off because they've complained that their food arrived cold.
Fecking terrible comparison.
It’s like a waiter having a human reaction because his customers boo him by the thousands for months whilst abusing his pregnant wife because he might not be that good a waiter.
You can’t hold a player to a standard your fans don’t hold themselves to.
Again, an atrocious comparison.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
It’s like a waiter having a human reaction because his customers boo him by the thousands for months whilst abusing his pregnant wife because he might not be that good a waiter.
He's their CAPTAIN and he told their fans to feck OFF :lol:

Dec9003

He's their CAPTAIN and he told their fans to feck OFF :lol:
He told the section of their fans abusing him to feck off and I don’t blame him for it.
You can’t give it for a long time and not expect a reaction, he’s a human being mate.

GifLord

He told the section of their fans abusing him to feck off and I don’t blame him for it.
You can’t give it for a long time and not expect a reaction, he’s a human being mate.
I remember Lindeloff and his GF having to go through similar abuse on Social mediia and did he make anything out of it? He just picked that for one of the reasons why he reacted that way but why did he not mention he's not been up to standards? He's been at Arsenal for 4 seasons now and still hasn't improved he's also made the most mistakes that lead to goals ever since he's arrived.

Dec9003

I remember Lindeloff and his GF having to go through similar abuse on Social mediia and did he make anything out of it? He just picked that for one of the reasons why he reacted that way but why did he not mention he's not been up to standards? He's been at Arsenal for 4 seasons now and still hasn't improved he's also made the most mistakes that lead to goals ever since he's arrived.
If Lindelof was getting dogs abuse at Old Trafford he’d be well within his rights to give it back.
If you think it’s alright to get actual abuse for not being good enough but you’re not allowed to give anything back then we might as well stop here as I completely disagree.

GifLord

If Lindelof was getting dogs abuse at Old Trafford he’d be well within his rights to give it back.
If you think it’s alright to get actual abuse for not being good enough but you’re not allowed to give anything back then we might as well stop here as I completely disagree.
He's a fecking pro footballer and he's going to get criticised. Kinda weird he didn't go on social media and speak about the injustice when the pundits were destroying him on tv.

Dec9003

He's a fecking pro footballer and he's going to get criticised. Kinda weird he didn't go on social media and speak about the injustice when the pundits were destroying him on tv.
Again mate, we disagree on whether his reaction is justified so we’re never going to agree.
I think it’s fair enough for fans to give him shit, but it’s fair enough for him to turn around and give it back.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
The only people who are sense time and acting like children are the fans. Ooh he told us to fvck off. He needs to apologies.....the fans have been pathetic. Footballs fans in general are super sensetive

HowieC

Way too slow and unathletic for the EPL. Should not be fking fans off.

jus2nang

Supports
Arsenal
First of all, there's nothing to suggest that the morons on Twitter and Instagram are the match going fans that booed him so let's deal exclusively with those that were booing.

Booing a footballer or football team is an industry standard way of expressing dissatisfaction, so the waiter comparison does work. Perhaps a better comparison is a comedian being booed off stage.

Whilst I agree that if you dish it out you should expect to receive it (so I'm not caping for the fans here), if you put in substandard performances week after week, booing should be expected.

We're talking about the conduct of the club captain at his place of work. It was unprofessional and unacceptable.

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

Dec9003

First of all, there's nothing to suggest that the morons on Twitter and Instagram are the match going fans that booed him so let's deal exclusively with those that were booing.

Booing a footballer or football team is an industry standard way of expressing dissatisfaction, so the waiter comparison does work. Perhaps a better comparison is a comedian being booed off stage.

Whilst I agree that if you dish it out you should expect to receive it (so I'm not caping for the fans here), if you put in substandard performances week after week, booing should be expected.

We're talking about the conduct of the club captain at his place of work. It was unprofessional and unacceptable.
The waiter comparison is a very poor one, the comedian one works better.
It perhaps was unprofessional, but it’s not difficult to see why he reacted that way.
The twitter and Instagram posters might not be the same as the ‘supporters’ in the ground, but they’re all acting the same way regardless of whether they give him abuse online or in the ground.

Bennz McCarthey17

Supports
Africa
Arsenal are becoming this toxic ass little uncultured club. 1st Ozil got all the blame whenever they lost games, now it's Xhaka. David Luiz is next, I can see Pepe getting that too. There is always an scapegoat unfortunately with these fools.

They are like those bullies who bully someone smaller than them, or someone who they know won't fight back. Fortunately Xhaka grew some balls, and told em where to feck off.

Kostur

海尔的老板
So people on the Internet said bad things about him and his wife. Right.

Honestly, just how fecking thick you have to be to constantly spend your time in a place where there's no real moderation of how people behave, 'everybody is anonymous', and you know you're bound to get abuse, irrespective of your actual performances? It's like going to Trump supporters convention and then complaining that there are dumb idiots who love Trump around here. Or walking through the shittest ghetto where you're bound to get mugged in the middle of the night. You know what's waiting for you there, you just don't do it. It's not that I condone all the shit behaviour on the social media, mind, it's just that I'm reasonable enough not to enter places that I know are cesspools.

There are situations in your real life that can put your mental balance off, things like sicknessess to your closest, somebody dying, or something in that ilk, something that's inevitable and you cannot escape it, you don't look for it. Going on social media to read shit about yourself is on the dumb footballers.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
The next player thrown under the bus by Emery.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
If Xhaka had run off the pitch at the time of his substitution then I don’t think he gets jeered. It’s the slowness of his walking off in the context of Arsenal having been pegged back from a 2-0 lead that peeved the fans off.
As captain he should do everything in his power to give his side every chance of winning. He has rightly been stripped of his captaincy and should be moved on by Emery at the first opportunity.
As for his explanation the less said the better. He is spectacularly rewarded and should thank his blessings cause he ain’t earning it on the pitch.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
I'm mostly on his side, really. There's no amount of money that makes threats to you and your family justified. Of course the fans in the stands weren't those who'd made threats but in the moment I can't blame him for not making the distinction.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
So people on the Internet said bad things about him and his wife. Right.

Honestly, just how fecking thick you have to be to constantly spend your time in a place where there's no real moderation of how people behave, 'everybody is anonymous', and you know you're bound to get abuse, irrespective of your actual performances? It's like going to Trump supporters convention and then complaining that there are dumb idiots who love Trump around here. Or walking through the shittest ghetto where you're bound to get mugged in the middle of the night. You know what's waiting for you there, you just don't do it. It's not that I condone all the shit behaviour on the social media, mind, it's just that I'm reasonable enough not to enter places that I know are cesspools.

There are situations in your real life that can put your mental balance off, things like sicknessess to your closest, somebody dying, or something in that ilk, something that's inevitable and you cannot escape it, you don't look for it. Going on social media to read shit about yourself is on the dumb footballers.
Kinda agree. I logged into my work's youtube page the other day and somebody left a nasty and rather pointless comment. Made me take two because I was like wow, why would anybody even bother...

I guess though, it's the easiest thing in the world to say something shit online and not think twice about it. Social media was built on rocky foundations through its application of openness over moderation. It's counter to how a lot of early online communities were founded, which existed to promote discourse and were moderated by volunteers. This was the idea that drove pre-WWW bulletin board systems and still exists in forums like Red Cafe.

Last edited:

flappyjay

Arsenal fans have always be a bit precious. I remember them booing Rvp when he played for us against them. He didn't celebrate his goal in the first game out of respect. The second game they continued, he scored, he celebrated and they were again annoyed he celebrated.

Same thing against city, they were all over Adebayor, he scored and celebrated in front of them and they lost their minds.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Arsenal fans have always be a bit precious. I remember them booing Rvp when he played for us against them. He didn't celebrate his goal in the first game out of respect. The second game they continued, he scored, he celebrated and they were again annoyed he celebrated.

Same thing against city, they were all over Adebayor, he scored and celebrated in front of them and they lost their minds.
That was hilarious, to be honest :lol:

Denis79

Did a shit gesture during world cup. He's just as bad as the fans. He provoked them, now They provoked him.
Yup, I'm happy he had a meltdown. He invited the abusers to his doorstep by the way he acted during the WC.

Last edited:

SaintMuppet

I would probably want to give fans the finger in the same situation if I am honest. Abuse me all you like but start on my wife/family and all bets are off.

Football fans are a bunch of pussies, they like to abuse individuals as they please but a sniff of anything back and they whine like children... pathetic

I’m not gonna get on anybodies case just for being and reacting like a human no matter who he plays for! (Liverpool excepted)

Denis79

I would probably want to give fans the finger in the same situation if I am honest. Abuse me all you like but start on my wife/family and all bets are off.

Football fans are a bunch of pussies, they like to abuse individuals as they please but a sniff of anything back and they whine like children... pathetic

I’m not gonna get on anybodies case just for being and reacting like a human no matter who he plays for! (Liverpool excepted)
Many of the fans abusing him are most likely not even Arsenal fans. For someone not that interested or informed about the political situations in the Balkans the eagle celebration he did during the WC seems harmless. In reality it's extremely provocative and just fuels the hatred that cost too many lives already. I don't agree with any kind of abuse but he opened the door for idiots to have a go at him. He intentionally provoked others and now he's getting the same back, not shocking imo.

SaintMuppet

Many of the fans abusing him are most likely not even Arsenal fans. For someone not that interested or informed about the political situations in the Balkans the eagle celebration he did during the WC seems harmless. In reality it's extremely provocative and just fuels the hatred that cost too many lives already. I don't agree with any kind of abuse but he opened the door for idiots to have a go at him. He intentionally provoked others and now he's getting the same back, not shocking imo.
I’ll be honest I don’t know anything about eagle celebrations and the like. It’s just a shame that sport can’t just be sport but I guess anything with so much exposure is bound to become politicised one way or another.

Denis79

I’ll be honest I don’t know anything about eagle celebrations and the like. It’s just a shame that sport can’t just be sport but I guess anything with so much exposure is bound to become politicised one way or another.
Sadly that's true but the majority of athletes know how to seperate the two and conduct themselves like proper role-models, Xhaka chose not to and I'm certain that the majority of the abuse wasn't from the average Arsenal fans but people who made it a thing to abuse him online because of the way he conducted himself in the WC. I've read that Shakiri has experienced the same problems because of that game as well. I completely agree with you that politics has no place in the game but as you said, it's bound to become politicised.

meamth

I felt sorry for him, even if he is shyte footballer.

These things can heavily affect you as a person. Depression is not a joke, and looking at his situation, he can easily go sick mentally.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
Well, the Arsenal Captains Curse worked in our favour here. Xhaka absolutely doesn’t deserve all that online abuse, but neither did he deserve the captaincy.

Bummer Auba got it, now Barca and Real are sniffing around.

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
Now that the dust has settled on his falling out with the Arsenal fans, can we all agree that this boy is one of the worst players that has ever graced the modern Premiership era? An absolutely atrocious footballer who's skill seems to be matched by his cowardice of even getting stuck in. Laughable that he was made captain in the first place.