Granit "The Hacker" Xhaka | Likes his reds

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah, because that's likely to happen!!
United not picking Bruno, Cavani, etc because they haven't been vaccinated? Ain't gonna happen, hence the reason the club's haven't been the ones to say to get the jab.

It'll come under restraint of trade if the clubs don't pay the players or not allow them to play, unless they have a set medical clause in their contract.
I’m not saying the clubs unilaterally decide. The Premier League should lead this. New rule for participation. Clubs may only put vaccinated players (or those who are ineligible for a vaccine) in their matchday squads.

At the very least they could do what the NFL are doing.

NFL announced that any game cancelled because of a coronavirus outbreak among a team’s unvaccinated players will result in a forfeit. That will count as a loss in the team’s record. In addition, players from both teams will not be receiving their weekly paychecks for missing the game. Any lost revenue will be the responsibility of the team forced to forfeit.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
They are heavily controlled, so chances are high that they would be treated really early if they get COVID.
Pogba, Henderson etc. — just from the United squad got COVID and suffered medium-term consequences that significantly influenced their performances. Let alone that even mild symptoms after a vaccination is a rarety, let alone spending a week or two out due to them. Plus, they've all got a choice of doing one before the start of the season.

Both choices have their merit for pro-fooballers (getting a vaccine early to minimize slightly risks of infections and minimize a lot risks of symptomatic covid, or not getting a vaccine and risking getting a symptomatic covid) , and it's harsh to call a player dumb because of his choice.
So no, it's not harsh at all.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I’m not saying the clubs unilaterally decide. The Premier League should lead this. New rule for participation. Clubs may only put vaccinated players (or those who are ineligible for a vaccine) in their matchday squads.

At the very least they could do what the NFL are doing.
The premier League will lead it eventually, they'll have too, however I feel they are biding their time hoping that the clubs take the lead on the issue, which won't happen. However this could change of a wealth of players have to self isolate after the champions League games.

However, again, you won't be able to introduce a rule whereby someone cannot work if they haven't been vaccinated as it would need a new contract signed by the players, it's restraint of trade realistically.

It's a messy messy subject.

Anustart89

The premier League will lead it eventually, they'll have too, however I feel they are biding their time hoping that the clubs take the lead on the issue, which won't happen. However this could change of a wealth of players have to self isolate after the champions League games.

However, again, you won't be able to introduce a rule whereby someone cannot work if they haven't been vaccinated as it would need a new contract signed by the players, it's restraint of trade realistically.

It's a messy messy subject.
It’s the same as any rule that the FA imposes on its competitions.

You can’t participate if you’ve been sent off in a previous game
You can’t participate if you don’t wear the proper kit as decided by the governing body.
You can’t participate unless you have a clean bill of health including an echocardiogram.

Why would forcing COVID vaccination status on participants be any different?

Champ

It’s the same as any rule that the FA imposes on its competitions.

You can’t participate if you’ve been sent off in a previous game
You can’t participate if you don’t wear the proper kit as decided by the governing body.
You can’t participate unless you have a clean bill of health including an echocardiogram.

Why would forcing COVID vaccination status on participants be any different?
It's nothing like them examples :lol: , red and yellow cards are written into the rules, as is the kits.
A fitness test is done by the club BEFORE a contract is signed, and is to check on underlying conditions and is carried out as per what's laid out in the contract.
We are talking about a voluntary vaccine which isn't bound by any rule or written to any contractual obligations for any player.

Stopping someone from working due to making a free decision is a slippery slope.

Anustart89

It's nothing like them examples :lol: , red and yellow cards are written into the rules, as is the kits.
A fitness test is done by the club BEFORE a contract is signed, and is to check on underlying conditions and is carried out as per what's laid out in the contract.
We are talking about a voluntary vaccine which isn't bound by any rule or written to any contractual obligations for any player.

Stopping someone from working due to making a free decision is a slippery slope.
Well exactly, it’s a rule that’s written by them to regulate when and how someone can participate, for player and fan safety reasons.

I’m not talking about the medical carried out by the club. I’m talking about the governing body ruling that players need to have their health documented and need to be checked by their respective clubs, where the clubs have to submit lists of diagnoses present and what medications are taken. There are also certain medications that footballers can’t take, otherwise they’ll be banned from playing.

It wouldn’t be impossible to add a rule that requires a COVID vaccination in order to play and claim player and/or fan safety with fans back in the stands, since players interact, and sometimes celebrate goals, with fans. Now, it’s your personal choice if you believe that shinpads are manufactured by George Soros, but you’ll have to wear them otherwise you’re not taking part in the game.

It’s the FA’s competition and they can do what they want. If they want to ban using the word Negrito to a white friend in a joking manner, they are free to do so, and you can’t claim that there’s free speech and expect to get away with it. They make the rules as they see fit for whatever reasons they want and it’s up to whoever wants to participate if they want to follow them or not, with potential exclusion the result.

Champ

Well exactly, it’s a rule that’s written by them to regulate when and how someone can participate, for player and fan safety reasons.

I’m not talking about the medical carried out by the club. I’m talking about the governing body ruling that players need to have their health documented and need to be checked by their respective clubs, where the clubs have to submit lists of diagnoses present and what medications are taken. There are also certain medications that footballers can’t take, otherwise they’ll be banned from playing.

It wouldn’t be impossible to add a rule that requires a COVID vaccination in order to play and claim player and/or fan safety with fans back in the stands, since players interact, and sometimes celebrate goals, with fans. Now, it’s your personal choice if you believe that shinpads are manufactured by George Soros, but you’ll have to wear them otherwise you’re not taking part in the game.

It’s the FA’s competition and they can do what they want. If they want to ban using the word Negrito to a white friend in a joking manner, they are free to do so, and you can’t claim that there’s free speech and expect to get away with it. They make the rules as they see fit for whatever reasons they want and it’s up to whoever wants to participate if they want to follow them or not, with potential exclusion the result.
The George Soros bit got me good :lol: :lol:

I hear what your saying and it makes perfect sense.

As I say though, unless the Government make vaccinations mandatory, then it's difficult to implement that same rule in a profession that isn't hat high risk in terms of the virus. Especially not without clubs breaking several contractual obligations they have to their players (appearance fees, sponsorship appearances etc). It could also as I've said previously come under restraint of trade, the clubs/FA/Premier League will be stopping people working essentially.

It's a minefield and that's probably the reason why no one is taking the lead on this.

RU Devil

I seriously dislike that any of our own players don't get vaccinated. I can't even reasonably excuse it because there just isn't a good reason not based in misinformation.

I got my 2nd dose of Moderna today, had Pfizer as no. 1. 7 hours in and I feel fine, just a tiny bit warm on the injection site. Kinda excited for a day off work tomorrow if the normal side effects present themselves
Eh you had 1 Moderns & 1 Pfizer? Thought it was 2 of both.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Eh you had 1 Moderns & 1 Pfizer? Thought it was 2 of both.
Depending on availability. In Norway we've utilized both mRNA vaccines in the national vaccine program since they are interchangable.

Day 2 kinda sucked, felt like a proper manflu, felt better on Saturday and feel great today.

Jev

It's 2022 and he still makes the Arsenal XI. Cost his team points again today.
He was very good today, I thought. Extremely soft penalty, Silva was clearly searching for the leg contact and Xhaka did everything to pull his leg back and avoid it. Silva was well on his way down before any shirt pull. It was effective diving rather than Xhaka doing much wrong.

Dominos

He was very good today, I thought. Extremely soft penalty, Silva was clearly searching for the leg contact and Xhaka did everything to pull his leg back and avoid it. Silva was well on his way down before any shirt pull. It was effective diving rather than Xhaka doing much wrong.
Apart from letting Silva knock the ball past him and dangling his leg out to make contact, and then trying to rip Silva's shirt off his body, then yes he defended it perfectly.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
They didn’t get the penalty because of the dive. The VAR review (and penalty) was because he had a fistful of Silva’s shirt. Which was a stupid foul.

He did play well though. He’s been hugely important in Arsenal’s recent run. Which he’s done loads of times before. Until his next brain-dead moment. Usually followed by several weeks of poor performances.

allen7

It’s a clear penalty when the referees see in slow motion because even the smallest touches will look sharp in those frames. But he had a small leg contact so that makes it a 50-50 (either way it can be taken) penalty for me.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It wasn't the leg, for feck sake. It was tearing the shirt off him. The ref even pulls his own shirt to explain it to Partey.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It’s a clear penalty when the referees see in slow motion because even the smallest touches will look sharp in those frames. But he had a small leg contact so that makes it a 50-50 (either way it can be taken) penalty for me.
The leg contact was 50-50 but him then following it by pulling his shirt makes it a stonewall penalty. This rewriting of some injustice being done by BT is absolutely crazy.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
The leg contact was 50-50 but him then following it by pulling his shirt makes it a stonewall penalty. This rewriting of some injustice being done by BT is absolutely crazy.
You could also clearly see that the shirt pull was shielded from the referee’s view. So it was VAR working exactly as it should. Allowing him to have a look at an incident that he wouldn’t otherwise have been able to see.

The other penalty incident he had an excellent view of and VAR replays added nothing useful.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
You could also clearly see that the shirt pull was shielded from the referee’s view. So it was VAR working exactly as it should. Allowing him to have a look at an incident that he wouldn’t otherwise have been able to see.

The other penalty incident he had an excellent view of and VAR replays added nothing useful.
Yeah. Rio and Humphreys not understanding that point when Walton explained it pretty clearly sums up BTs level of coverage.

Jev

Apart from letting Silva knock the ball past him and dangling his leg out to make contact, and then trying to rip Silva's shirt off his body, then yes he defended it perfectly.
Rip his shirt off his body. Slightly hyperbolic perhaps?

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Swiss Charlie Adam doesn’t belong in this team we needed an upgrade 3 seasons ago. It’s shocking he still plays for us.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Agree with this. Referee didn't realise it was Xhaka, it went to VAR who noticed it was Xhaka doing the foul who invited Atwell to confirm that it was definitely Xhaka before giving the penalty against him. Surprised they didn't take the opportunity to give him a red.

Guy Incognito

They didn’t get the penalty because of the dive. The VAR review (and penalty) was because he had a fistful of Silva’s shirt. Which was a stupid foul.

He did play well though. He’s been hugely important in Arsenal’s recent run. Which he’s done loads of times before. Until his next brain-dead moment. Usually followed by several weeks of poor performances.
And Arsenal realise why they are going nowhere.

Champ

Are people trying to claim that wasn't a penalty?? Xhaka and Gabriel cost their team massively today

Robertd0803

Theres literally a game and a half of football left to rescue it even if Jota scores and thats the decision Xhaka makes. Jesus.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Who is the built looking black guy on AFTV watchalong?

Hes managed to be the biggest clown of the channel in a short time. I remember a few weeks ago he got annoyed at fellow fans celebrating a win because he was so Arteta out.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If you play Xhaka then you don't have much cause for complaint when he does something that can only be described as classic Xhaka. It's one of those scorpion and the frog type scenarios.

Cloud7

This seems like the natural last stage of the Xhaka cycle. He plays well enough to make you think he can be a valuable part of the team, then he goes and does something really stupid. That’s the problem with him. You can’t rely on a player that is always at risk of having a stupid moment like that. It’s like having Balotelli in your team.

shoom

Supports
Arsenal
Clinically stupid. Every three games this clown does something moronic to cost us points, you can set your watch by it. Someone needs to chain him to a radiator until the season's finished.