Granit "The Hacker" Xhaka | Likes his reds

Dansk

Seems like a very strong case, but they can't really convict without concrete evidence, right? They would have to obtain phone records or something that prove it. It's not enough to say you reckon he did it. It definitely looks highly suspicious, and I'm inclined to believe that there's something to it. Even for a player as idiotic as him, that incident is just too blatant.

Brophs

The One and Only
Maybe there’s a reason he keeps doing all this dumb stuff?!

Fergies Gum

Xhaka may actually be screwed. NCA are no mugs and its game over for Xhaka if if he has any association whatsoever with this punter.

Swiss_Red89

Ah ffs just leave the guy alone. Holiday time. World Cup coming up.

And not to forget Arsenals well deserved Europa League Campaign ;)

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Hope we sell him. Rubbish player who will let you down when you need him the most. Switzerland’s answer to Charlie Adam.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The more I think about it, I think his parents made a mistake by giving him the keys to the house

Superden

ever since spot fixing became a thing, does anyone really believe that its only really cricket of the major professional sports thats been completely tainted by it over the last 20 years.
people get pissed at EA and Konami for the amount of scripting in their console football games, wait till they find out what happens in the real world.
many of the professional sportsmen ive met, certainly the younger ones , apart from bring narcissists dont seem to have any moral compass, but then living in their elite sportsman bubble, how / why would they.

Paul_Scholes18

ever since spot fixing became a thing, does anyone really believe that its only really cricket of the major professional sports thats been completely tainted by it over the last 20 years.
people get pissed at EA and Konami for the amount of scripting in their console football games, wait till they find out what happens in the real world.
many of the professional sportsmen ive met, certainly the younger ones , apart from bring narcissists dont seem to have any moral compass, but then living in their elite sportsman bubble, how / why would they.
Given how some of the VAR calls go I think refs are betting big money on there being pens or no pens in games.

AshRK

For all the ruthlessness or no nonsense coach Arteta is held to be, very surprised he persisted with him for so long.

Superden

Given how some of the VAR calls go I think refs are betting big money on there being pens or no pens in games.
Xhakas booking seems more blatant than most, but then in lot of games you see highly coached and drilled professional footballers getting stupid cards, giving away very silly pens etc , and it cant all be down to a rush of blood...but yes, if your a fixer, then the refs are the weakpoint youd want to exploit.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
But then again surely a lot of them are competitive as hell, can't imagine any half decent player agreeing to it.

Superden

But then again surely a lot of them are competitive as hell, can't imagine any half decent player agreeing to it.
you need to rewatch some of our games from last season, there wasnt an abundance of competitiveness on display from many of our lot.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is this the one where they had a free kick, and he just stood there for about 13mins refusing to take it until he got a booking? :lol:

BarcaSpurs

He's toast imo, such an incredibly obvious fix when you can see the money being piled in on betfair.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Is this the one where they had a free kick, and he just stood there for about 13mins refusing to take it until he got a booking? :lol:
Yep, that one. Up by 3 goals with 5 minutes to go and he was just standing in his own half refusing to do the free kick until the ref shockingly showed him a yellow

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
FA, NCA, FBI, call whoever you want, Xhaka will be starting for Arsenal forever !
Imagine having your career ended to get your mates 250k...

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Yep, that one. Up by 3 goals with 5 minutes to go and he was just standing in his own half refusing to do the free kick until the ref shockingly showed him a yellow
In his defence he is a rubbish player with half a brain so you have to consider that.

cyberman

Just blatantly pull a player back and it’ll be written off as not wanting to run so late in the game.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Xhaka is also very predictable. Bets piling in on him receiving a yellow card really shouldn't be considered suspicious.

BarcaSpurs

Xhaka is also very predictable. Bets piling in on him receiving a yellow card really shouldn't be considered suspicious.
It's not just that, there was so much money backing him in on Betfair with 15-20 minutes left he ended up at a shorter price than he was before the match. That coupled with the 52k pre-match bet from one punter. Someone knew he was going to get a card even with 15 minutes left and 4-1 up.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Hope we have to sell him now. Would be delighted to never have to watch him play for us again. Rubbish player and a feckin idiot to boot.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wonder what would've happened if Arteta had attempted to sub him with 15 minutes left given this was xmas period? Guess it would've been attempted another game.

Does seem obvious as they were 4-1 up rather than clinging on to a hard fought 1-0 so makes little sense to time waste on a free kick. I'd imagine there would barely be any other instances this season of a player getting booked for time wasting when his team is three goals up.

Pretty sure a Lincoln player did something similar and he got a 6 year ban a few seasons ago.

cyberman

Dickhead is giving off about celebration police after the Fulham game and he goes and does something like that

NoPace

Not necessarily the problem in Arsenals loss today but I still can’t help but be amazed that he’s still at their club. Should’ve been replaced years ago, let them down on tons of occasions yet still gets a game for them. Long may it continue!
I doubt Bellingham will go to Arsenal, but the attacking midfield role Arteta has given Xhaka seems perfect for Bellingham. Would have been a really nice fit for Gravenberch too.

Swiss_Red89

This thread deserves a bump;)

It always seemed to me it only gets bumped when Xhaka made an error. So no surprise to me that a Swiss on this forum has to Highlight his remarkeable redemption. (from being a scapegot for Arsenal fans to slowly becoming a cult hero)

This season Granit has been absolutely sensational so far. No other way around. I always thought he's a great player. The more advanced role he's playing this season is the best I've ever seen him play though. He seems full of confidence and in better control of his emotions as well.

Last edited: