Television Grayson’s Art Club

decorativeed

Belated reply, but having read this thread (yep, in its entirity), I realised this had totally passed me by. Watched the first two episodes over the weekend and really enjoyed them. Will definitely be watching the rest. Hopefully the exhibition will be extended because it was supposed to have closed by now, but I think the gallery has been shut for the whole period it was supposed to be open.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Belated reply, but having read this thread (yep, in its entirity), I realised this had totally passed me by. Watched the first two episodes over the weekend and really enjoyed them. Will definitely be watching the rest. Hopefully the exhibition will be extended because it was supposed to have closed by now, but I think the gallery has been shut for the whole period it was supposed to be open.
I’ve been catching up on a few episodes season 2. This is so good, isn’t it? Perfect way to distract from all the terrible shit going on in the world. He’s so compassionate and intelligent, as well as a brilliant artist. More people need to get exposed to this. Spread the word!

decorativeed

I’ve been catching up on a few episodes season 2. This is so good, isn’t it? Perfect way to distract from all the terrible shit going on in the world. He’s so compassionate and intelligent, as well as a brilliant artist. More people need to get exposed to this. Spread the word!
Yeah, I've always liked his work, and it's really interesting to watch an artist (well, two artists given the fact it's all in his studio with his wife Phillipa) at work. I really admire people like those two who are so endlessly creative. Loved the insight into David Shrigley's working day too.

Heard the exhibition will still be running once galleries and museums are alllowed to reopen as well, so looking forward to seeing that.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So wholesome. If it was anyone else it would be contrived and gushy but he has a real down to earth rawness about him and despite his involvement in such a pretentious industry it never comes across in anything he does. It’s like he’s perfectly tapped into working class life and takes absolute joy out of highlighting the little things that mean so much to people and make them who they are.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Went to a exhibition of his at the Serpentine gallery a couple of years back and it was interesting to see the variety of work he produces.

God, I miss going to galleries. :(

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
So wholesome. If it was anyone else it would be contrived and gushy but he has a real down to earth rawness about him and despite his involvement in such a pretentious industry it never comes across in anything he does. It’s like he’s perfectly tapped into working class life and takes absolute joy out of highlighting the little things that mean so much to people and make them who they are.
Absolutely! As I said to my wife watching it last night he combines being incredibly warm and thoughtful with still being a proper geezer. Never a hint of pretentiousness about anything he does.

Last edited: