Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverRed1

Ah I see. A few claims on a MUFC fans forum must be true. I notice there are no links to these supposed tweets.
google it. There’s screen shots floating around. I don’t think he’s a united fan per say but he defo had a soft spot for them. His favourite goal is also the goal he scored at old Trafford. Because it was old Trafford.

we won’t sign him though, we’re stacked in his position.

RooneyLegend

He most definitely isn't. He's a better dribbler. Bruno is far more effective as a scorer, they're equally creative, and Bruno does far more defensively.
He's just a better footballer, you'll understand once he plays in a big team. Bruno simply can't do the things Grealish does on the field. Bruno is a selfish player, he hurts a team just as much as he helps it. Grealish on the other hand can carry a teams system.

Giggsy13

He's just a better footballer, you'll understand once he plays in a big team. Bruno simply can't do the things Grealish does on the field. Bruno is a selfish player, he hurts a team just as much as he helps it. Grealish on the other hand can carry a teams system.
He can carry a “team’s system”? That’s a bit nonsensical. Bruno “is selfish” completely nonsensical.

Classical Mechanic

People overrate Grealish. He’s a top player and a bit of a throwback but he needs to score a lot more if he’s to actually become the player that the members of his cult think he is.

Mac Asimov

How has bruno hurt us? Would we have done better than 2nd without him? Would we even have got 2nd if we didn't have him.

James Peril

The fawning over Grealish by some here is a bit unbelievable. He’s a very good player but not even close to KDB or Bruno. Id also be concerned about his long-term health with this shin issue, which has kept him out for extended periods in 2 seasons already. If city want to blow £100 million on him by all means go ahead. Makes our £73 million deal for Sancho look even better.
Grealish is better than Bruno, he dictates every game he plays. Bruno vanishes from most of them, and scores a penalty. The fawning of the latter is uneblievable, as most oppo fans would agree. It would take Grealish roughly 45 minutes to get people up from their chairs in agreement aka Ronaldo vs. Bolton, but since he plays for Villa they just refuse to see things for what it is. Grealish plays for a mediocre team and dominates most of the times he plays City, Liverpool, Chelsea… it doesn’t matter, ran rings around van Dijk. When United play these teams, Bruno should have a different kit on because it’s usually impossible to see him on the pitch. And then, you know, he scores that penalty and it’s all good. Football is about scoring after all.

RooneyLegend

How has bruno hurt us? Would we have done better than 2nd without him? Would we even have got 2nd if we didn't have him.
He's hurt us with his selfish tendencies. Trying to create when he shouldn't which breaks down moves. Taking shots when he shouldn't because he thinks he can score from every angle. Being weak on the ball thus turning the ball over easily and misplacing simple pass.

As I said it's a balance with him because he also does score on occasion and creates a fair amount whenever he does get it right.

We've had a better season than this past one with largely the same players not so long ago. A 74 point Europa league finalist is nothing to write home about for a club our size.

If he left right now we wouldn't be an inferior team if everything else stayed the same.

RooneyLegend

People overrate Grealish. He’s a top player and a bit of a throwback but he needs to score a lot more if he’s to actually become the player that the members of his cult think he is.
Nope, just needs to play for a bigger team so people can watch him every game.

jamesjimmybyrondean

He's hurt us with his selfish tendencies. Trying to create when he shouldn't which breaks down moves. Taking shots when he shouldn't because he thinks he can score from every angle. Being weak on the ball thus turning the ball over easily and misplacing simple pass.

As I said it's a balance with him because he also does score on occasion and creates a fair amount whenever he does get it right.

We've had a better season than this past one with largely the same players not so long ago. A 74 point Europa league finalist is nothing to write home about for a club our size.

If he left right now we wouldn't be an inferior team if everything else stayed the same.
Christ

cyberman

Well Bruno can score more than 6 goals in a season and assist more if that helps.

Classical Mechanic

Nope, just needs to play for a bigger team so people can watch him every game.
I do watch him pretty much every game and I followed him whilst he was in the Championship and said that he'd play for England one day when a lot had written him off. He needs to work harder off the ball and score more (his shooting isn't the best). I do think that he needs to go to City to improve though.

Mac Asimov

What a pile of utter nonsense. Bruno is a fantastic player, I really can't figure out if this is poor attention seeking behaviour or a total lack of footballing knowledge. I'm probably worse for even engaging with you. :lol:

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Grealish is a playmaker, not comapring him to Iniesta but similarly to one of the best offensive midfielders in the history Grealish doesn't need to get on the scoresheet that much if he provides assists preassists, draw so many fouls, sustain pressure in any situation and work pretty hard for the team. Also it's not like that Aston Villa are packed with world class players, think he will explode if he goes to a club like City sadly.

I was worried about Mahrez transfer back in the day but Grealish is a tier above and would just make them again make them clear title favourites. But yeah they need a striker more.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Grealish is better than Bruno, he dictates every game he plays. Bruno vanishes from most of them, and scores a penalty. The fawning of the latter is uneblievable, as most oppo fans would agree. It would take Grealish roughly 45 minutes to get people up from their chairs in agreement aka Ronaldo vs. Bolton, but since he plays for Villa they just refuse to see things for what it is. Grealish plays for a mediocre team and dominates most of the times he plays City, Liverpool, Chelsea… it doesn’t matter, ran rings around van Dijk. When United play these teams, Bruno should have a different kit on because it’s usually impossible to see him on the pitch. And then, you know, he scores that penalty and it’s all good. Football is about scoring after all.
Bruno is a way more different player, very direct, doesn't feck around with dribbling, plays football simple, obviously it results in losing possession so much it's really annoying sometimes but yeah Grealish is the opposite he's got amazing dribbling ability by which he creates rather than one touch flicks and passing like Bruno. Both players are superb and we just bought Sancho so unfortunately we closed our Grealish door it seems but it's not 0% if we sell Pogba, since we would ideally like to replace his creativity.

roseguy64

Bruno is a way more different player, very direct, doesn't feck around with dribbling, plays football simple, obviously it results in losing possession so much it's really annoying sometimes but yeah Grealish is the opposite he's got amazing dribbling ability by which he creates rather than one touch flicks and passing like Bruno. Both players are superb and we just bought Sancho so unfortunately we closed our Grealish door it seems but it's not 0% if we sell Pogba, since we would ideally like to replace his creativity.
How does Grealish solve a Pogba problem?

Idxomer

Well Bruno can score more than 6 goals in a season and assist more if that helps.
3 more open goals and 1 less assist for Bruno in the league last season while playing almost 1000 minutes more than Grealish.

Giggsy13

For all those singing the praises of Grealish over Bruno, ask yourself whether Grealish would have made the same impact as Bruno when he first signed. A few shaky months for Bruno at the tail end of the season because he was run into the ground and suddenly the mob is turning their sights on him.

Grealish is a luxury player that we don’t need now that we signed Sancho, who will likely end up being the more impactful and better player.

SER19

For all those singing the praises of Grealish over Bruno, ask yourself whether Grealish would have made the same impact as Bruno when he first signed. A few shaky months for Bruno at the tail end of the season because he was run into the ground and suddenly the mob is turning their sights on him.

Grealish is a luxury player that we don’t need now that we signed Sancho, who will likely end up being the more impactful and better player.
Im not worried about Bruno. Going out of euros early will give him a good rest and fully expect him to be better than ever next season. Can't wait to see sancho alongside him

snk123

I don't think anyone wants to replace Bruno with Grealish. We needed Bruno at that time - now we need Grealish to take us from 2nd to Champions

Grealish if he comes to us now will have the same impact as Bruno had when he first signed.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I want Grealish here- but I do wonder if he can play CAM?

Even as a CAM doesn’t he heavily lean towards being a LAM in all his dribbles?

snk123

What we've been doing is that we often leave a few pieces of the puzzle missing by not spending enough in one window. Grealish is our final piece along with Varane at the moment.

If we go all out in this transfer window, we will be sorted for next three years. What will happen is that we'll let Grealish go to City and will continue playing catchup with them. Then a couple of years later, we'll lose Pogba, Bruno will decline etc. and then we'll need to spend more to just get in the same position as we are now.

It's just so frustrating.

Eternitiy

Grealish is the modern day Ronaldinho.

Bruno isn't in the same category, not even close.

Varun

Staff
What we've been doing is that we often leave a few pieces of the puzzle missing by not spending enough in one window. Grealish is our final piece along with Varane at the moment.

If we go all out in this transfer window, we will be sorted for next three years. What will happen is that we'll let Grealish go to City and will continue playing catchup with them. Then a couple of years later, we'll lose Pogba, Bruno will decline etc. and then we'll need to spend more to just get in the same position as we are now.

It's just so frustrating.
Grealish is one of my favorite players but it'll take absolutely crazy money to get him and given our options now, it's easy to see why we won't go for him. He's an upgrade on Rashford on the left but there's 0 chance we spend 100mil to upgrade on Rashford. The only scenario in which I see a move happen is if we sell Pogba and decide to get Grealish as another midfield option but even then, I don't think it'll happen because you need a Casemiro level DM to make DM-Grealish-Bruno work which we don't have.

Don't think City will get him either mind.

SATA

If we can’t get Haaland next year, go all out for Grealish if he hasn’t move to City. I know they play in different positions but he’s the next best thing after Erling

scottydoesntknow

I know I'm living in dream land but can you imagine if we could do this business, we would instantly become challengers imo

In
Grealish - £100m
Locatelli - £35m
Bissouma or Camavinga - £35m - £40m
Varane - £40m - £45m

OUT:
Pogba (RM) - £50m - £60m
Lingard (WHU) - £20m - £25m
James (Leeds) - £20m
Bailly (Villareal) - £20m

Net spend approx £100m

Next year we go after Haaland/RB

Giggsy13

I don't think anyone wants to replace Bruno with Grealish. We needed Bruno at that time - now we need Grealish to take us from 2nd to Champions

Grealish if he comes to us now will have the same impact as Bruno had when he first signed.
Sancho will make an impact, so no need to spunk £100 million on Grealish.

pascell

I know I'm living in dream land but can you imagine if we could do this business, we would instantly become challengers imo

In
Grealish - £100m
Locatelli - £35m
Varane - £40m - £45m

OUT:
Pogba (RM) - £50m - £60m
James (Leeds) - £20m

Net spend approx £100m

And the £73m we've just spent on Sancho?

bosskeano

In
Grealish - £100m
Locatelli - £35m
Varane - £40m - £45m

OUT:
Pogba (RM) - £50m - £60m
James (Leeds) - £20m

Net spend approx £100m

that's a tad bit ambitious but yes a fantastic window would be Grealish, Sancho and Varane. A very good window would be Locatelli/Camavinga, Sancho and Varane.

I think either of these are possible but probably more so the second one. I think in order to get Grealish and Sancho in the same window requires selling at least two players to help raise funds.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Come on overrating of grealish went beyond joke. Modern day Ronaldinho,best player since Eden hazard left pl next what Zidane is not his level,Maradona only became best in the world because grealish not born,grealish better than messi because messi not proved as a star player for villa. :lol:

A very good player that's what grealish proved till now. He needs to finish a season higher level playing in a team fight for league and champions league. Till then just calm down a bit.

Steve Bruce

3 more open goals and 1 less assist for Bruno in the league last season while playing almost 1000 minutes more than Grealish.
Ahh right, lets just twist statistics to suit ones agenda.

Some mad ones on this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.