Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'm a massive fan, but there's absolutely no chance he's worth 100m. This will only end badly.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Seems the telegraph have been the first to report it but they've contacted all of them to see if its true and got a nothing from any of City, Villa or Grealish management
Its probably true. Everyone has been reporting a bid is imminent.

arnie_ni

I'm a massive fan, but there's absolutely no chance he's worth 100m. This will only end badly.
Money is no object to them. As long as he plays well and improves them the fee paid is irrelevant at that stage.

Itl be hard for villa to say no to that if its true.

JB7

He'd be a brilliant signing for them, one of the most productive players in the league despite missing 3 months of the season, nigh on impossible to get off the ball without fouling which is scary given the amount of possession they have within 35 yards of the opposition goal. I guess you've just got to hope he realises he already plays for a considerably bigger club than them and wants to stay until a proper club comes in for him.

Giggsy13

If city had convinced Sancho to stay, there wouldn’t have been a need for city to move for Grealish. Instead they could’ve focused on Kane. I’d much rather them blow their load on Grealish.

Matthew84!

I honestly don't see why Villa would say yes, they've already spent some money, if they sell they have no chance of attracting better players. Villa should say his price will only go up next year and he's got 4 years on his contract. He'll stay.

izec

If city had convinced Sancho to stay, there wouldn’t have been a need for city to move for Grealish. Instead they could’ve focused on Kane. I’d much rather them blow their load on Grealish.
They will go for both, just need to sell some squad players

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We've signed the better, younger player for less :cool:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I honestly don't see why Villa would say yes, they've already spent some money, if they sell they have no chance of attracting better players. Villa should say his price will only go up next year and he's got 4 years on his contract. He'll stay.
Cause they arent one of top clubs, no offense but financially they don’t compare with the big clubs. £100m is huge even for a club like United or City let alone for Villa. They will take that money.

Giggsy13

They will go for both, just need to sell some squad players
The problem is the usual clubs who would be in for Jesus or Silva are financially strapped. Maybe it’s just blind optimism, but I only see them getting one of Kane or Grealish this season.

rotherham_red

If they're buying him to rotate with Gundogan as is being rumoured, this move will only end badly for Grealish.

Fooza

City on cheat mode unfortunately, just when we think we going to close that gap, they'll go sign top players. Annoying

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Doubt he would be the player he is if he stayed.

Giggsy13

Doubt he would be the player he is if he stayed.
Don’t know about that when you see how well Foden has played. Just imagine the shoe on the other foot: United lose Greenwood as a 17 year old to Dortmund only for him to come back to city and then for us to go sign a £100 million plus for a similar player. The ABUs would be having a field day.

Adam-Utd

Still under investigation from PL.
They're under investigation for misleading accounts, but it doesn't mean FFP is alive.

They'll spend what they like this window, even if they get a ban in the future they'll be set anyway.

It's just like Chelsea, when they knew they were getting a ban they just spent double :lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Playing him instead of any other City's attacking players is like replacing Pepsi with Coca cola. I'd be more worried if he joins a top 5 club that'd receive a massive boost because they sign him. For city? meh. Okay he will score goals but so will their other existing forwards.

Oldyella

Cause they arent one of top clubs, no offense but financially they don’t compare with the big clubs. £100m is huge even for a club like United or City let alone for Villa. They will take that money.
Its a lot of money, and maybe right now they don't compare to the big clubs, but Villa are loaded.

8thWonder

Is FFP still a thing? Will this deal effectively mean they can't sign Kane this summer?
Kane's 100% not going anywhere this summer.

Will be interesting to see if the FFP and the recent football leaks info that came out has any impact on City breaking there transfer record for a player or not... While I'm convinced Kane isn't going anywhere, I have no idea how the Grealish deal will pan out.

If Bernardo Silva stays and Villa demand 90 million then I can see City walking away from this one tbh.

youmeletsfly

Good player, vastly overrated by the media, but still a damn good player.

What boggles me is that City look to need a striker more than they need Jack. Don't think they can go into the season with Jesus only.

Adam-Utd

What boggles me is that City look to need a striker more than they need Jack. Don't think they can go into the season with Jesus only.
They played Ferran Torres as a false 9 with decent success last season, I suspect they'll do the same.

City's best results actually came without Jesus in the side most of the time.

Infestissumam

Is FFP still a thing? Will this deal effectively mean they can't sign Kane this summer?
it's dead, but people also need to realize that City unfortunately make a shite ton of money by offloading fringe players. They've bagged over £40m already this summer for Angelino, Harrison, Nmecha and Ilic, plus another £10m or so for their Sancho sell-on clause. So outside of their obvious cheat code, they can also balance their official books a bit.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They also score very few goals from free kicks and like to keep the game fluid which free kicks doesnt.

He would be miles better than VDB for us if they got relegated but for 100 mill... if we keep hold of Pogba thats a much better outcome.
I like him but the second we signed Bruno meant Grealish was essentially off the table. Rashford is our LW, Bruno is our 10. Sancho was the RW we needed who can play both flanks to get Greenwood on the right occasionally too. Signing Bruno also effectively replaced Pogba, and Sancho further solidified that. I know people want to shoe horn them all in, but it just doesn't work IMO.

Maureen-yo

They are going after Kane after they’ve signed Grealish.

theklr

They're under investigation for misleading accounts, but it doesn't mean FFP is alive.

They'll spend what they like this window, even if they get a ban in the future they'll be set anyway.

It's just like Chelsea, when they knew they were getting a ban they just spent double :lol:
Technically it might not be FFP, but the charges are for majorly inflating the sponsorship deal , where their owners paid half the amount or something like that.

While the outcome is very unsure and it happened many years ago it is something at least.

Matthew84!

Perhaps they aren't a top club but you don't become a top club selling your star player, Villas owners are wealthier than Utds, they definitely don't need the money, they are regularly spending lots of money,

Adam-Utd

Technically it might not be FFP, but the charges are for majorly inflating the sponsorship deal , where their owners paid half the amount or something like that.

While the outcome is very unsure and it happened many years ago it is something at least.
They might get a transfer ban and worst case maybe some titles stripped away?

I can't see how that will effect them now though. IF they want Kane and Grealish they'll do it this summer.

Withnail

Kane's 100% not going anywhere this summer.

Will be interesting to see if the FFP and the recent football leaks info that came out has any impact on City breaking there transfer record for a player or not... While I'm convinced Kane isn't going anywhere, I have no idea how the Grealish deal will pan out.

If Bernardo Silva stays and Villa demand 90 million then I can see City walking away from this one tbh.
News is they've offered Villa 100m

Chief123

Grealish tweeting this on Utd v City Derby night in 2012. This will go down well. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.