Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
I still can't get my head around this move. I'd argue its one that will make them weaker rather than stronger trying to shoehorn into their XI.

They're much better off going with another winger option who can actually go on the outside rather than the inside. The 17/18 and 18/19 teams with Sane's ability to go both ways is what made City so formidable back then because they've already got enough players occupying the middle of the pitch.

Bondi77

He will make the squad stronger but if Sterling, Silva ,Mahrez and Foden are on their game they are just as strong options with what they bring to the table......It would be a different story if they brought Kane into the side though.

Unfortunate to have to root against Grealish now as he's one of my favorite players to watch, always thought he'd end up at United. Was really looking forward to watching Villa push for Europe with him and Buendia, they were already very entertaining to watch when Jack was fit last season. Seems a strange year to leave after staying last summer and to a club where he probably will be on the bench 10 games a season, Villa have shown a massive amount of ambition recently and I feel for their fans.

That said, although he'll definitely improve City I don't think he moves the needle for them anywhere near as much as Kane would. Kind of glad they're going to be the new owners of the English transfer record, the less I have to hear about how we're the true villains of the league and not City with their blood money the better. Grealish will undoubtedly improve under Pep but I firmly believe Sancho will end up even better for us and he's 5 years younger. Not panicking on that front whatsoever.

End of the day, pressure is all on City to win the title. If they get Kane as well I can't see anyone else winning the Prem for the next 4-5 years unless Pep fecks off or they suffer a massive amount of injuries.

Robertd0803

Villa end up with £100 million and every club will try fleece them on every transfer for years.

Villa should demand £125 million straight up for the laugh.

Bertie Wooster

This is the difficulty with trying to play catch up with City.

We're slowly and successfully improving our squad, and we've made another couple of great signings with Sancho and Varane. But Varane was just equalling their Dias signing, and they now look like matching Sancho with Grealish.

It's really hard to catch up, let alone overtake, a team who can spend so much money each season improving what is already a trophy laden squad.

We really should / need to deliver a trophy next season. And we've got the squad to do it. But the league title itself is going to be so hard to wrestle from City for as long as they can add such expensive talent to an already title winning squad.

Last edited:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He will make the squad stronger but if Sterling, Silva ,Mahrez and Foden are on their game they are just as strong options with what they bring to the table......It would be a different story if they brought Kane into the side though.
They are looking to offload Silva

snk123

Thank you Ole for preferring Sancho over Jack. These are the kind of decisions due to which Utd will always play second fiddle to City in the near future.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Thank you Ole for preferring Sancho over Jack. These are the kind of decisions due to which Utd will always play second fiddle to City in the near future.
Erm. We needed Sancho more than we need Grealish right now. Our left side of attack is fine. Our RW needed enforcements. Grealish can’t play on the right wing. Sancho can play on both wings if needed. Grealish would have been a luxury buy. Sancho was a necessity. “Needs” are more important than “wants”.

copen1945

The Sancho versus Grealish comparison will be inescapable and tasty. Solskjaer should be able to settle Sancho's nerves and get him to perform.

Giggsy13

Didn’t Pep say something along the lines that city would never sign a £100 million!? The lack of self awareness of pep and the blue nosed pricks will be on full display when this move is confirmed.

Also the number of melts on here who are having a meltdown over this move is sad to see. We’ve Jadon fecking Sancho, the highly regarded city player that all those plastic city supporters were fawning over 4 years ago. Lastly, VARANE.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Didn’t Pep say something along the lines that city would never sign a £100 million!? The lack of self awareness of pep and the blue nosed pricks will be on full display when this move is confirmed.

Also the number of melts on here who are having a meltdown over this move is sad to see. We’ve Jadon fecking Sancho, the highly regarded city player that all those plastic city supporters were fawning over 4 years ago. Lastly, VARANE.
I believe he said City haven’t paid 100m for player yet because they haven’t deemed a player to be worth that, however he stated this can change at anytime. The only thing he said is they wouldn’t spend 150M+ on a striker at the time he was asked about Kane and Haaland.

Blood Mage

Fecking hell. Sancho easily has a higher ceiling than Grealish for me.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thanks for preferring the bigger talent you mean? Seriously want you to tell me something that makes Grealish a better player. Can't play on the right. Doesn't assist more. Doesn't score more. Is less of a team player than Sancho is. Is 5 years older. Is more expensive due to contract situation. Is a dickhead as shown by his really dumb drunk driving accident after a party early into the covid lockdown. Has an awful haircut. Wears his socks too low.

If anything, Sancho and Varane is United actually focusing on the things we really need and getting the perfect players for our team that suits what we currently have to build a top team, while City kind of ignored their needs with this one if they pull it off.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
In his defence it was 9 years ago so he was only 16. Barely a footballer back then. There’s a few from Sancho too that you’ll have quickly forgotten so I think kids should be kids. I don’t think many fans would take these things personally!
At 16 you pretty much know you're going to be a footballer, obviously a kid showing am error of judgement shouldn't cause a shock, but still, why risk potentially irking future fans?

I think you underestimate the tribal nature of football fans, look at a section of PSG fans not wanting Pogba because of what he said?

No doubt Sancho has said a few things whilst at City, same again though, why risk it, makes them look a little demanding insincere (again, I'm assuming a lot of fans take it to heart when a footballer says they love a certain club, kissing the badge etc) when they take part in all these promotional videos etc.

snk123

This fanbase :lol:
There is a reason why the players wanted Grealish over Sancho. Ideally we should have overspent and gotten both because Grealish is clearly a Utd player while Sancho is a big gamble.

Sancho is brilliant but Grealish elevates the whole team.

Eternitiy

We cannot allow this to happen.

We weren't supposed to purchase Rooney in 2004, but Newcastle forced our hand. This is the same situation, we cannot allow this player to join our primary rival.

He will bring them unprecedented success both on and off the pitch.

It's a dark day if he joins Manchester City. Maybe it's best for the player, as Guardiola will allow him to reach his potential, but from a United perspective, those in charge must see that the cost of inaction will be far greater than the cost to purchase the player.

I won't say who Grealish can emulate for fear of other posters laughing at me again. However, if City sign him, know that they have signed a pure entertainer, akin to one we've not seen for many years.

bosnian_red

Fecking hell. Sancho easily has a higher ceiling than Grealish for me.
Higher ceiling, and has shown far more in his career already despite being 5 years younger. Sancho before his 20th birthday has more league goals and assists ahead of literally any other player from the big 5 leagues in the modern (90's and later) football era apart from Mbappe. What did Grealish do until last season? He's a very good footballer but feck the unwarranted hyperbole in this thread from some drama queens is fecked, especially not realizing when in fact we signed the actual PROVEN generational talent.

mu4c_20le

Is there currently a competition for who can make the most dramatic post going on?

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I wish he could hold out till next summer for us to come get him, it's feels like we missed a trick last summer choosing to sign Donny over Jack, Tbh i feel gutted he's going to cithe, because he's one of a few with unique style of play.
Now watch cithe find a way over inferior opposition with a lot more frequency.

Dominos

They are looking to offload Silva
They had a long list of players apparently up for sale but this is not really a seller's market, European clubs are skint. It seems like the only teams with any money this summer outside City are PSG, United and Chelsea.

snk123

Thanks for preferring the bigger talent you mean? Seriously want you to tell me something that makes Grealish a better player. Can't play on the right. Doesn't assist more. Doesn't score more. Is less of a team player than Sancho is. Is 5 years older.
You’re actually comparing Bundesliga and one of the few really top teams there with Aston Villa and EPL.

Again I would love to be proven wrong and I understand the backlash. But clearly we should have stopped City getting him regardless of the price. They have strengthened more on top of a title winning side.

They have a sure deal in Grealish as compared to us with Sancho.

The Firestarter

There is a reason why the players wanted Grealish over Sancho. Ideally we should have overspent and gotten both because Grealish is clearly a Utd player while Sancho is a big gamble.

Did the players tell you that ?

bosnian_red

What proof other than some shite source article for grealish? Players like Rashford are great mates with Sancho, none of them really interact with Grealish much.

How is Grealish a United player? What past United player is he like? We pretty much never go for David Silva type playmakers which is what he is.

Also, Sancho is the one who elevates the whole team with his play, while Grealish is more of an individual. Given we have Pogba, Bruno and Rashford who love forcing stuff on their own, Sancho is the one that was far more necessary. Also funny you say one is a "big gamble" and the other isn't, yet Sancho is the one who has actually shown for 3 years to be a generational talent with what he's done, while the other finally last season had a very good half season that was finally on par with what Sancho has been doing since 18 :lol:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I really hope this signing goes through. £100m for a marginal improvement at the expense of a tried and tested player who will be forced to move on. This signing doesn't make any sense. They should be going all out for Kane if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.