Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Daz

This season is going to be interesting on so many levels, I was hoping because they won the league City wouldn’t be very active this summer and that would give us chance to close the gap a bit at least but yeah…..not looking that way now.

Idxomer

Another 100 points season for City.

ESL was the end of football as we know it though.

Devil81

Potential for City to spend £250million this summer.

If that's not taking the absolute piss I don't know what is, there isn't any need to shift players to release funds this is going up a notch now. We're now at the stage of the picking off the elite players to add to our already incredible squad.

Until UEFA and Premier League put a stop to this fiasco City and PSG will destroy the game we've all loved.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Happy with this is it means they can't sign Kane.

Liklihood is they will get both. The Premier League is slowly creeping towards becoming a one horse race. There will be outlier seasons, like in France, obviously but I expect City to win the league three/four times out of five over the next few years.

The Champions League will be easier to win nowadays.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don’t think we have much chance of signing haaland.
why? who else will rival us if city get kane and chelsea get lukaku?

Barcelona who are in over 1 billion of debt, or Madrid who need to sell to afford Mbappe?

Delano

Shame. Brilliant player to watch and he could go up a level.

Imagine if the hawkeye didn't break in the Sheff United v Villa game? Villa would've gone down and I think he'd be here.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just one of those players I wish maybe we as a club signed when he was younger.

An FM player that has come good and is enjoyable to watch. Shame because we would probably be interested in him if he fitted our squad needs.

marktan

Makes me wonder if he was available for £100m why we didn't try to sign him. I'm not going to get into a Sancho Vs Grealish debate with anyone since everyone has their own opinion and it's been done already but for me he is the superior player. I thought the price would be £120m+ hence our lack of interest.

It sucks that we close the gap on City with our signings and they're likely to sign Grealish and Kane.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’s not being sarcastic, he’s pointing out the obvious.

City have player sales from their academy approaching £50M, the Sane fee came in after the end of the last financial year so is in this years accounts, the Sancho % fee from Utd is circa £11M and that’s your £100M before you even consider the annual salary from Aguero that’s been freed up.
Wait, so you count non-expenditure as income now? :lol:

Dike_Manc

I'd have preferred if they'd signed Kane just because of the way they play but I'm not too bothered about Grealish either. Mancity will be Mancity under Pep and I don't think the introduction of Jack will necessarily spell anymore danger for us and everyone else. This is the team that performed incredibly (perhaps even better) after that De Bruyne injury. Just my opinion of course but we will see won't we?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Makes me wonder if he was available for £100m why we didn't try to sign him. I'm not going to get into a Sancho Vs Grealish debate with anyone since everyone has their own opinion and it's been done already but for me he is the superior player. I thought the price would be £120m+ hence our lack of interest.

It sucks that we close the gap on City with our signings and they're likely to sign Grealish and Kane.
It's a simple as one player fitting our team more than the other. Sancho can play at RW, which has been a problem position for us for the guts of a decade. Grealish doesn't play there and would more naturally be competing with Rashford, Martial and Bruno in their positions in our current system.

marktan

Actually does annoy me quite a bit. I loved watching Grealish play for Villa. I fecking hate City so going to be annoying hearing about him racking up assists and goals there.

romufc

It's pretty obvious tbf, we needed a winger and Sancho is a winger on the right. he fits the team better and is the type of player we required.

Grealish was also on our radar before we signed Bruno, we opted for Bruno.

James35

Happy with this is it means they can't sign Kane.

Liklihood is they will get both. The Premier League is slowly creeping towards becoming a one horse race. There will be outlier seasons, like in France, obviously but I expect City to win the league three/four times out of five over the next few years.

The Champions League will be easier to win nowadays.
I agree if they get Kane also. I honestly believe they can go and dominate like we did (they basically have been already to be fair).
Long way to go to reach our 20 of course but to reach our 13 Premier league titles I'd say its possible in the next 10 years or so.

What's worse I feel we may be going on an Arsenal run of not winning it.

redshaw

Can see Jack playing more centrally, thought he could for us as well and England. He'll probably be used in several positions, I just wonder if he'll get less minutes as you still need a balance. For City it adds great squad strength but for some players might be a bit frustrating but he gets to work with a top manager, gets paid and increases his England chances a lot.

pascell

Taken from the article

I'm a big Grealish fan and wanted us to sign him last summer, would've loved him here. The thing that stopped us signing him apart from covid was his drink driving incident imo.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I just can't bother with getting worked up over this. I mean, I'm used to seeing KDB and Silva play for them. Grealish is excellent but they've had better. As long as they don't sign a standout player like an Mbappe, I'm more concerned about our business and level as a team. Also, if they don't get Kane, they've still got mediocre 9s

keithsingleton

I just can't bother with getting worked up over this. I mean, I'm used to seeing KDB and Silva play for them. Grealish is excellent but they've had better. As long as they don't sign a standout player like an Mbappe, I'm more concerned about our business and level as a team. Also, if they don't get Kane, they've still got mediocre 9s
Thing is City don't need to improve their squad to win the league anyway but they have. Looking like we're all playing second fiddle to them again..... OUCH

ghagua

I was hoping against hope that we would go in for him. We had the chance to sign him but never really made an effort. If City can find a place for him, then so can we. Instead, of signing players who can improve the team, we hang onto or extend nonperforming players in our squad. We could have gone for DeBruyne, Dias, and Mahrez but we did not. We will be repeating the same thing in a year or 2 with Grealish.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Thing is City don't need to improve their squad to win the league anyway but they have. Looking like we're all playing second fiddle to them again..... OUCH
Not so sure about that.

These are the top scorers for the last few teams to win the title:

12 Gundogan
18 Mane
19 Aguero
17 Aguero
20 Costa
19 Vardy
19 Costa

Managing to win the title with Gundogan as their top scorer was an impressive outlier, but an outlier it was. Repeating it isn't something any team would want to rest their title hopes on when those around them are improving. Realistically they need more goals from somewhere.

pablotatt

Wonder how he'll fit into Pep's workforce if some of the internet rumours are even remotely true relating to why he was 'injured' last season?

RkkMan

I was hoping against hope that we would go in for him. We had the chance to sign him but never really made an effort. If City can find a place for him, then so can we. Instead, of signing players who can improve the team, we hang onto or extend nonperforming players in our squad. We could have gone for DeBruyne, Dias, and Mahrez but we did not. We will be repeating the same thing in a year or 2 with Grealish.
So you expected us to spend £100m on Grealish after spending £107m on Sancho(higher ceiling) and Varane whilst needing to sign a DM and RB on top of that? :lol:

devilo

Managing to win the title with Gundogan as their top scorer was an impressive outlier, but an outlier it was. Repeating it isn't something any team would want to rest their title hopes on when those around them are improving. Realistically they need more goals from somewhere.
Agreed. City need Kane (or similar) more than they need Grealish. Kane's just a harder acquisition to complete, although I fully expect it to happen eventually.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Would have been great to get him, but for the same amount we've done better business for our needs.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Well this sucks, it just feels so unfair City buying all the talent in the league. But there's nothing we can do about it other than feel sorry for ourselves. Another season where City dominate, 100+ points....at 35 years of age, I might just be loosing my enthusiasm for the game.

Robertd0803

Shame Villa didnt make City jump through hoops but probably not much benefit to them really in the bigger picture.

Rubbish transfer from everyone elses point of view.

Kaizane

Do City sign Grealish if we don't sign Sancho? I'm getting the same energy from City when you go to the gym and smash a 100kg bench press for 5 reps and the dude with small man syndrome who's there every day can't allow it, so he whacks on 120kg for 10.

Jokes aside, I'm not too worried, as someone else pointed out, he's not exactly filling a hole and not a vast improvement to what they already have but yes, he will improve them and offer something different to their vast array of attacking ability. Can't sign them all and I'm happy with who we signed. Looking forward to the season ahead, it should be more competitive than ever.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
A matter of time till he gets into the wrong side of Pep and becomes the most expensive bench warmer on the planet.

RedCheekz

He’s over rated, no champions league experience at age of 25. No big game experience.
Put things into perspective shaqiri from Liverpool is rated 81 on fifa and grealish is only rated 80. Fifa ratings fairly accurate too.
He just going be expensive bench warmer.

MUFC OK

Reports coming out that Grealish isnt pushing to leave Villa and join city......Ive said all along Grealish wants to sign for us
He may eventually leave for City, but UNITED has always been his first choice. Still think we move pogba on and go for him just to get one over on City.Unlikely though
With foresight we could have done this. By the way, I've been slated so many times on here for saying he'd be the best fit for that number 8 role yet interestingly thats exactly where guardiola plans to play him anyone who said he could only play Bruno or Rashford's position, think again.

pascell

He’s over rated, no champions league experience at age of 25. No big game experience.
Put things into perspective shaqiri from Liverpool is rated 81 on fifa and grealish is only rated 80. Fifa ratings fairly accurate too.
This is surely a WUM? I hope it is, if not, its one of the worst things I've read on the Caf.

Zlatattack

Villa fans on twitter are wound up. IDK why - they're not the team they used to be. Haven't been for a long long time.

MUFC OK

This is surely a WUM? I hope it is, if not, its one of the worst things I've read on the Caf.
What's wrong with FIFA ratings? In the context of the rest of the post, I'd say he's being deadly serious.

predator

Youth NITK
I'm not that bothered by this. Imo he's a great player but getting sancho instead was better if you ask me.

It's much harder to come across a great right footed right sided midfielder than a great right footed left side midfielder.

If sancho performs to what he is capable at at Rashford does too than we should be fine.

Infra-red

City will be kicking themselves for forgetting the check the Fifa rankings of the player before they signed him. Whole scouting team deserves to be fired for overlooking such a vital piece of data.

Infra-red

Villa fans on twitter are wound up. IDK why - they're not the team they used to be. Haven't been for a long long time.
They'll feel much better when they realise that they are getting £100m for a guy who only has a rating of 80 on Fifa.

Status
Not open for further replies.