Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I’d sell Pogba and bring in Grealish. He’s got more to his game than Pogba and performs at a more consistent level. He carried Villa and they would’ve finished in a European spot if not for his injury.
And he's proven in the league which is still a question mark for sancho. With grealish you know exactly what you'll get.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Agreed.

This is not about cycles but rather about the owner of the club having far more money than any other club in England.

With Sheikh Mansour's bottomless pit, I can only see teams like ourselves only taking chunks out of their success in the future, similar to how Liverpool won the league. But that took elite level coaching and smart recruitment.

City will be the dominant force domestically for some time, unless the Saudis turn up.
They will be dominant as long Pep is there despite the money probably. Yes, they can dwarf anyone with money power, but there are so many examples of money thrown without so much influence. For example, Pep with his style of play can field this front 6 without any problem.

Foden ---- number 9 ---- Mahrez
Grealish --- De Bruyne
Rodri​

And it will work because of their playing style to devastating effect. Hypothetically, of course, but you get the point. No other coach can field that midfield without being unbalanced because he will not have that advantage in possession. Grealish is also a worry because he can rotate with Foden and even play false 9 if required. This is a transfer that should be prevented, but only in the context of Pep tactics.

What we should do no matter if City looking unstoppable is get our shit together and be the first in line to take over. No top 4 bollocks anymore, announce serious intent with transfers and start hitting 80+ points in the league regularly. Or in other words, start overachieving with our squad, we have done that regularly before.

snk123

And he's proven in the league which is still a question mark for sancho. With grealish you know exactly what you'll get.
This. City are getting a 100% guarantee while we'll again rely on a gamble. And technically, Grealish is the best English player at the moment. He just oozes class and is a c*** like Ronaldo who can dominate teams. Not signing Grealish is going to hurt us more than missing out on Hazard.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
People seem to think the current best team will last as the best team forever.
But history repeatedly shows that doesn't happen.

It just seems ludicrous to think City will suddenly win 4 out of the next 8 or 9 when they haven't even sealed the first one yet.
Madrid won 4 in 5 years. It's a matter of having the best players and best coach.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Agreed, but Gaz Nev is similar to Sandikan in that regard, it’s head in the sand stuff. “But history shows” blah blah, history shows us nothing, because in history we’ve never had a bottomless pit of money in a football club.

The closest comparison is current Bayern in regards to the rest of their league and it’s what? 9 on the bounce and 2 CL + 1 runners up.
But guess what, Pep left Bayern because he knew full well City’s possibilities dwarf them. Time to get your heads our of your arses people.
You've a very aggressive way of posting, but just like history isn't always a guide of the future, nor is the current.

We will see.
If City win 4 in the next 4, 5,6,7 years, I will come back on and say well done, you were right.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Madrid won 4 in 5 years. It's a matter of having the best players and best coach.
Have City only just got the best players and coach this season then?
Was Zidane ever the best coach? Or did it just come together beautifully for Madrid? They didn't always win the league with him did they?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
On the contrary it gives them free reign to spend more money. A CL win will allow Mansour to vastly inflate their inflate their revenues. Would expect the Etihad deal & the other Abu Dhabi based sponsorships to go up exponentially.
Very true. It could either way. Probably the bad way to be honest :lol:

432JuanMata

We do imo.
I said this before and I’ll say it again signing Grealish be the most United thing to do over the last years, it be stupid. Would be perform better than Pogba ? Maybe but only a little bit. Would be perform better than Bruno ? Maybe, Maybe not.
We have needed a RW for what seems like 10 years now, we need a CDM and a CB. If we signed good players for them positions we would be a much better and balanced team. If we buy Grealish yes we are buying a WC player but still not fixing our glaring issues.
Signing Grealish might improve that position but overall won’t make us much better if we have no RW or CDM as the problems in the squad be still there.

If City win 4 in the next 4, 5,6,7 years, I will come back on and say well done, you were right.
I won’t be on here when that inevitably happens, football dies for me each year that a state funded club grows bigger and bigger.
Once they become the dominant force in Europe and the pundits keep acting as though they play to the same set of rules as the rest, I’d imagine my interest will have died a death.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
This. City are getting a 100% guarantee while we'll again rely on a gamble. And technically, Grealish is the best English player at the moment. He just oozes class and is a c*** like Ronaldo who can dominate teams. Not signing Grealish is going to hurt us more than missing out on Hazard.
We should sign both sancho and grealish. Stick one on the right and other on the left, it will be like beckham and giggs. If we sell pogba it shouldn't be more than 100m net spend. Very doable for us.

awb----maguire---lindelof---shaw
--------------------fred----------------------
sancho---mct---bruno---grealish
-----------------cavani---------------------

awb----maguire---lindelof---shaw
sancho----mct------fred----grealish
--------------------bruno----------------------
--------------------cavani---------------------

Last edited:

marktan

I said this before and I’ll say it again signing Grealish be the most United thing to do over the last years, it be stupid. Would be perform better than Pogba ? Maybe but only a little bit. Would be perform better than Bruno ? Maybe, Maybe not.
We have needed a RW for what seems like 10 years now, we need a CDM and a CB. If we signed good players for them positions we would be a much better and balanced team. If we buy Grealish yes we are buying a WC player but still not fixing our glaring issues.
Signing Grealish might improve that position but overall won’t make us much better if we have no RW or CDM as the problems in the squad be still there.
We could use Rashford and Greenwood on the right. Rashford in particular dribbles better out there, he doesn't look natural on the left.

Imo Grealish - Striker - Rashford/Greenwood/Diallo is better than Rashford - Striker - Sancho/Greenwood/Diallo, just because Grealish is at a higher level than Sancho is at and has shown it in the premier league.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Have City only just got the best players and coach this season then?
Was Zidane ever the best coach? Or did it just come together beautifully for Madrid? They didn't always win the league with him did they?
City doesn't always have the best players. Bayern has, imho. Or peak Liverpool, when Salah and Mane firing. But if City get Grealish and Kane/Haaland, no other team in the world is better.

I'm just saying that Madrid could get 4 CL in 5 years. So it could happen.

Raveneye

I take it as a given that United will buy Sancho and that we aren't looking to splurge on a striker this season.

Would I sell Pogba to get Graelish? Interesting question.

peridigm

It really should be Haaland then the kid’s a freak and can score against anybody.
I agree but his agent is a cnut, and by all accounts, so is his father. So I don't see it happening.

432JuanMata

We could use Rashford and Greenwood on the right. Rashford in particular dribbles better out there, he doesn't look natural on the left.

Imo Grealish - Striker - Rashford/Greenwood/Diallo is better than Rashford - Striker - Sancho/Greenwood/Diallo, just because Grealish is at a higher level than Sancho is at and has shown it in the premier league.
Rashford has been poor on the RW. Your solution is too move players to the RW instead of the easy solution of bringing in a RW. Diallo is talented but name a top team that has a 18/19 year old playing out there week in week out without a main experienced player being the starter ? He needs to learn. We need a RW,CDM and CB then we see how far we are off and can sign players like Grealish to improve slightly but overall we lack balance completely.

AWB isn’t the best at going forward and yes he has time to improve but not having a out and out RW makes it stand out so much

432JuanMata

I agree but his agent is a cnut, and by all accounts, so is his father. So I don't see it happening.
I know his agent is a cnut. But at the end of the day his agent wants what’s best for him and if Haaland wants to move somewhere he won’t stop it just make agreements more difficult. He took him to Dortmund with Haaland permission and it has paid off. If Haaland said I want or will go to United you really think Riola is going to say no ? Yes he will rinse us for agent and player fees but he will make it happen

JuriM

Rashford has been poor on the RW. Your solution is too move players to the RW instead of the easy solution of bringing in a RW. Diallo is talented but name a top team that has a 18/19 year old playing out there week in week out without a main experienced player being the starter ? He needs to learn. We need a RW,CDM and CB then we see how far we are off and can sign players like Grealish to improve slightly but overall we lack balance completely.

AWB isn’t the best at going forward and yes he has time to improve but not having a out and out RW makes it stand out so much
Sancho was Dortmunds first choice right winger at 18/19.. so just put Amad in and let him play

432JuanMata

Sancho was Dortmunds first choice right winger at 18/19.. so just put Amad in and let him play
Yeah Sancho was there first choice I agree. Now what have Dortmund done since ? They finish top 4 and can’t challenge in the CL we are doing that now so are you happy ?. In the end the expectations here are different to there. They are known to produce youngsters but they aren’t expected to challenge Bayern. We can start Diallo no problem but we won’t challenge City so what’s the point ?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
They will be dominant as long Pep is there despite the money probably. Yes, they can dwarf anyone with money power, but there are so many examples of money thrown without so much influence. For example, Pep with his style of play can field this front 6 without any problem.

Foden ---- number 9 ---- Mahrez
Grealish --- De Bruyne
Rodri​

And it will work because of their playing style to devastating effect. Hypothetically, of course, but you get the point. No other coach can field that midfield without being unbalanced because he will not have that advantage in possession. Grealish is also a worry because he can rotate with Foden and even play false 9 if required. This is a transfer that should be prevented, but only in the context of Pep tactics.

What we should do no matter if City looking unstoppable is get our shit together and be the first in line to take over. No top 4 bollocks anymore, announce serious intent with transfers and start hitting 80+ points in the league regularly. Or in other words, start overachieving with our squad, we have done that regularly before.
Guardiola will be replaced by the next big thing and they'll carry on winning as long as Sheikh Mansour is bank rolling them IMO . Guardiola's coaching ability doesn't scare me, because I believe there's coaches out there who could match him if backed with similar finances. Even Mancini and Pellegrini won titles, thanks to Sheikh Mansour's money.

georgipep

Yup, it’s been coming for a while. Everyone loses their shit over the Super League but doesn’t bat an eyelid over City buying dominance over the domestic league and Europe. This is why I can’t get my head around Gary Neville losing his marbles over the super league one day, then creaming himself over Man City the next. They’re really not that far removed. How much have they spent on City at this point anyway? Got to be £5bn+ by now surely?
Garry Neville who part-owns a football club which will lose value if the 6 English clubs form the Super League and who is also on the payroll on on of the official PL broadcasters? That Garry Neville? I think it is pretty clear why he acts like an idiot regarding the Super League. He also wants to be seen as "one of the people", caring for the traditions of football..

Jim Beam

Guardiola will be replaced by the next big thing and they'll carry on winning as long as Sheikh Mansour is bank rolling them IMO . Guardiola's coaching ability doesn't scare me, because I believe there's coaches out there who could match him if backed with similar finances. Even Mancini and Pellegrini won titles, thanks to Sheikh Mansour's money.
They won it, but you would fancy our chances against them wouldn't you?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What's the logic here? The difference in earning between winning or losing the final is minimal. A) I doubt any result has an impact on how much they want to/are willing to spend but B) if it were it'd be far more likely a loss would result in a splashing of cash than a win.
Best time to strengthen is when you’re on top. SAF always managed to do that

Jim Beam

If they get Pirlo we're fecked then.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Garry Neville who part-owns a football club which will lose value if the 6 English clubs form the Super League and who is also on the payroll on on of the official PL broadcasters? That Garry Neville? I think it is pretty clear why he acts like an idiot regarding the Super League. He also wants to be seen as "one of the people", caring for the traditions of football..
His family were involved in Bury for a long while. I don’t think he’s disingenuous in the slightest.

You are not seriously advocating the implementation of the Super League?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
A year and a half ago I was worried about Liverpool the same way people here are about City. Things change quite quickly in the game. At the moment City are way out in front, but I don't expect them to be serial CL winners in the next few years, and if this club starts showing an ounce of ambition we should be able to build a great team.

Jim Beam

A year and a half ago I was worried about Liverpool the same way people here are about City. Things change quite quickly in the game. At the moment City are way out in front, but I don't expect them to be serial CL winners in the next few years, and if this club starts showing an ounce of ambition we should be able to build a great team.
Excatly. Let's start building a formidable team and worry about ourselves.

yamo123x

Gutted if he goes to anywhere but us, nailed on Utd Player, would prioritise him over anyone else

You were worried about Liverpool yet City had Pep and have now won 3 of the last 4, whereas Liverpool have 1 of the last 30.
Liverpool aren’t remotely comparable to City, they lost VVD and were forced to play kids and loan a shit CB from Germany, how do you think City would react to that scenario?

10 years ago people doubted City would end up dominant, cause it’s just City, they’ve been proven utterly wrong and will be again here. A bottomless pit aint gonna be second best.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
You were worried about Liverpool yet City had Pep and have now won 3 of the last 4, whereas Liverpool have 1 of the last 30.
Liverpool aren’t remotely comparable to City, they lost VVD and were forced to play kids and loan a shit CB from Germany, how do you think City would react to that scenario?

10 years ago people doubted City would end up dominant, cause it’s just City, they’ve been proven utterly wrong and will be again here. A bottomless pit aint gonna be second best.
I just saw a togetherness and spirit in that Liverpool team that felt quite convincing. I've never seen that with City. Again, if we build a great team, we can have this defeatist discussion about City if they're dominating everything, but while we're still far from being remotely close to our great teams of the past, it's pointless to go on about City.

If Arsenal had their old great team or Chelsea theirs, we'd still be way behind them. It just so happens now it's City, and to a lesser extent (due to lack of depth) Liverpool. Compare our team to our ´08 team or '99 team, it's the same thing. Way off.

stampedingviking

Yup, it’s been coming for a while. Everyone loses their shit over the Super League but doesn’t bat an eyelid over City buying dominance over the domestic league and Europe. This is why I can’t get my head around Gary Neville losing his marbles over the super league one day, then creaming himself over Man City the next. They’re really not that far removed. How much have they spent on City at this point anyway? Got to be £5bn+ by now surely?
Quite simply because Sky, his employers, are the main cause of this situation but would not have tv rights for the Super League.

It's a simple case of hypocrisy.

croadyman

United should hijack the deal. This guy is the real deal. When a talent like him becomes available you should break the bank. I would let Pogba leave the club to free some funds (also getting rid of Raiola).
Yeah we should and I would let him leave too but the Utd board see things very differently, can remember feeling the same way about Chelsea when Roman bought them in 2003 but somehow this City takeover feels way bigger than that to me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.