Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggsyking

He is clear favourite because he has been linking to us strongly, and he could also fill in our RW role, which has been our main weakness.
Grealish is at least as popular as Sancho in Redcafe, even though he has never been really linked to us.

Again, you just can't compare G/A stats directly between PL and BL. They could be night and day difference. For example, Werner has 28 goals in 34 games in BL in 2019-2020, he only has 6 goals in 35 games in PL in 2020-2021. It's just not comparable.
So is Grealish. He has only 6 goals. How can a world class left winger only score 6 goals in a full season?
I am not shitting on him, I like Grealish very much, but I dont think he is better than Sancho.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Will any journalist press guardiola on his claims that city can't afford big fees, after their second 100m bid in a matter of weeks
Doubt it but I hope so. He wheels out his peasant act every time United spend anything.

tomaldinho1

Wait a couple of weeks and they will top that with a higher bid for Kane.
If they weren’t complying with FFP before and inflating sponsors imagine what they’re doing now in a covid year to make £100m on Grealish and whatever they spend on Kane. Either they know they won’t be touched or this is last gasp move before the PL tries to put sanctions on them.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He is clear favourite because he has been linking to us strongly, and he could also fill in our RW role, which has been our main weakness.
Grealish is at least as popular as Sancho in Redcafe, even though he has never been really linked to us.

Again, you just can't compare G/A stats directly between PL and BL. They could be night and day difference. For example, Werner has 28 goals in 34 games in BL in 2019-2020, he only has 6 goals in 35 games in PL in 2020-2021. It's just not comparable.
Son, KDB, Aubameyang, Firmino and Gundogan are all great in the PL and they came from the Bundesliga.

Also, Sancho only just turned 21, 4 months ago, Grealish is 26 in a month. It isn't fair to compare a young player who still has development to do, to a player entering his prime years.

MDFC Manager

How do you know we weren't interested but after assessment concluded he wasn't a viable investment considering
1. His best positions are not £100m holes in our team(LW/No10)
2. A younger player with a MUCH higher ceiling in Sancho, that happens to be a long term target and more natural at RW was available for less(and he's another player Fergie would have pulled all stops to sign BTW)
3. There were other positions we needed to address like CB(Varane) and potentially DM which would have been hindered by spending £100m on one player
And if you were here you'd know Grealish was a target last year and we'd have gotten him if Goal Line Technology worked but Villa's survival priced him out of a move. You simply can't have them all and we've not missed out on anything as we've signed Sancho who's one of the best U23s in World Football and a top 10 CB in the world in Varane for the fee we'd have gotten a square peg in a round hole for
Excellent post.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
100m is probably a fair price, consensus was his price was 80m when Villa escaped relegation 12 months ago and his stock has risen since then. Disappointing that Villa haven't tried to hold out for more though

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Unless the laws changed, I thought release clauses were prohibited in English football.
They’re not prohibited, they’re just not mandated like they are in other countries.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I’d be happy to see them spunk so much on a player who is arguably no better than what they have in an already overloaded position. Obviously we will see plenty of magic from him though. If they sign Kane then that’s a different story and getting a bit of a joke.

Sparky Rhiwabon

For my point, I was talking more about from our point. Say if we wanted to sell Pogba and purchase Grealish, would it be worth it for £100m? That'd be a no from me.
Ah for us, yes that’s different although sometimes you have to just pay the money to get the best players

redrobed

Grealish isn’t as good as Varane who we paid about £25m for. The people that are saying everyone’s overestimating Grealish and that he’s worth 50-60m are still overestimating him.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Desperately hoping he doesn’t sign for city for the fact the roads around the area will be more dangerous if he does move up here.

Higgy74

Supports
Wolves
Grealish isn’t as good as Varane who we paid about £25m for. The people that are saying everyone’s overestimating Grealish and that he’s worth 50-60m are still overestimating him.

What a strange post considering they play in completely different positions?

Houdini

Grealish for Messi money in the current market is just ridiculous.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I love Grealish, a brilliant player, but not £100m worth.
His worth to Villa is £100m, his worth to City is not £100m.
Does he improve their starting midfield, not really.
He will be back up to KDB or possibly starting instead of Sterling.
insane to bid that much for Grealish when they need other positions more.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Strange signing City have a lot of these kind of players but only really Jesus who can play through the centre.
As a United fan, personally I think move would be very positive for us and all city’s rival as there major summer transfer business will be signing a player they don’t really need when they have other glaring holes in there team.

El Jefe

Is there currently a competition for who can make the most dramatic post going on?
I'm convinced there is. Our rivals have signed Suarez, Aguero, Silva, Robben, Hazard, Torres, Shearer, Ozil, Van Dijk yet I can't remember a bigger meltdown on here for one of our rivals signing a player. I think most realise he's a very good player but you'd think City are about to win the quadruple going unbeaten the way some are overhyping him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If you read back my post I've already said there are genuinely top class players who done well in both leagues too. But in general, stats for attacking players tend to get inflated alot in BL as compared to PL, it isn't biggest secret in football. We will just have to wait and see how Sancho performs in PL to give a fair comparison. By just using his BL stats over past few season to compare directly with Grealish stats in PL isn't even on same barometer, that's all I am saying. Also, there are alot other aspect we havn't factor in yet, such as Dortmund tend to play with higher possession than Aston Villa, their style of play is more attacking oriented, and the BL teams they are facing would give them more space to attack as compared to PL teams etc.
Villa don't come up against parked busses, so Grealish has his space to play. Grealish also spent almost his whole career before 24 in the championship, so are we just ignoring that completely and looking at a good 6 months before injury in his age 25 season but criticizing Sancho for setting all time records in one of the 4 biggest leagues in football history?

Suv666

You're having a laugh if you think Grealish would be a squad player for City. Pep would probably play him as a false 9 or shift some other lad up top and shove Grealish in his spot. £100 mil is a lot of money even for City.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I can’t be the only one who thinks he’s worth the £100 million. Without doubt he’s the best player Utd came up against last season. Will be very scary for City.

charlenefan

Be interesting to see where he plays in that City side, I don't think he's disciplined enough to play where David Silva did so I assume LW where he played for Villa, not sure what that then means for Foden or Sterling though? Foden could play that David Silva position, Sterling as the false 9 then? We did see last season Pep already starting to move on from Sterling though

--------------------Ederson--------------------
Cancelo--Stones--Dias--Zinchenko
----------------------Rodri----------------------
-------De Bruyne-------Foden-------
Mahrez--------Sterling--------Grealish

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Considering how much Sancho went for, Grealish is definitely worth £100m and you'd be a fool to think otherwise.

We saw the craving for Grealish at the Euros, he played more at the Euros, the commentator called him "the man for these big moments", no one said that about Sancho.

More importantly, he knows how to handle pressure.

In the most important penalty shootout of their young careers, Sancho, like an idiot stepped up and missed. No composure.

Grealish chilled back and didn't take one, therefore easing the pressure off of himself. He even let a 19 year old kid take it before him. Then tried to save face by saying he was next in line.

I know which one of these two I would want.

CM

United fans losing the plot over this are mental. Sancho is the better player, and the thought of Kane at City is a much scarier prospect. If spunking £100m on Grealish prevents them from making that signing that's a good thing for us.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
True but mainly because their team was already very good and ours had obvious room for improvement. In the same way, Grealish would improve us much more than he improves them. Wouldn’t put it past them to buy Grealish (partly) to stop us getting him next year.
What would Grealish improve us with? He isn't an improvement on Bruno Fernandes. And for the wings, we want 1 creator and 1 inside forward. Sancho is now our creator, Pogba played that role in the 2nd half of last year. Grealish isn't an upgrade on either.

Grealish is class, but honestly, if there is one team out there who didn't need him at all, it's United with our options in those positions now with Sancho.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
You're having a laugh if you think Grealish would be a squad player for City. Pep would probably play him as a false 9 or shift some other lad up top and shove Grealish in his spot. £100 mil is a lot of money even for City.
False 9 will be the best bet for pep to utilise him to benifit his team in attack. Pep will create game situations for grealish 1 vs 1 against defender. From there one result will come mostly penalty or goal bound shot.

binary bot
He's worth 100m but not to City, which is a strange thing to say with their money.

The signing will make a lot more sense if they move one or two players on - but how likely is that?

charlenefan

He's worth 100m but not to City, which is a strange thing to say with their money.

The signing will make a lot more sense if they move one or two players on - but how likely is that?
There's been talk for a while now of Bernardo Silva moving on

Robbie Boy

Such an odd signing considering the money involved. I have a feeling he'll be found out a wee bit at City - he's not as good as some seem to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.