Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'd have loved Grealish here -

However, I been thinking that he isn't really a proper central at CAM either - he is very left sided to the point where he is just LAM/LCM.

It's a bit like how Martial has to play at an angle to get his best or he can quite struggle.

red_de_pologne

it's a shame, a proper player who should be joining a proper club with history.. Always thought he'd be a legend at a United, Liverpool or even somewhere like Real or Barca. Then he ends up at a plastic franchise..

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
He’s over rated, no champions league experience at age of 25. No big game experience.
Put things into perspective shaqiri from Liverpool is rated 81 on fifa and grealish is only rated 80. Fifa ratings fairly accurate too.
He just going be expensive bench warmer.
This is brilliant. Up there with one of my favourite ever posts on here. Is that really the extent of your analysis? I do enjoy FIFA so let’s build a side.

GK - Szczesny (87) higher than De Gea (86)
LB - Kolarov (82) higher rated than Shaw (81)
CB - Laporte (87) higher than Varane (86)
CB - Joe Gomez (83) higher than Maguire (82)
RB - Azpilicueta (84) higher than AWB (83)
CM - Modric (87) higher than Pogba (86)
CM - Ramsey (83) higher than Fred (81)
AM - Dybala (88) higher than Fernandez (87)
RW - B.Silva (87) higher than Rashford (85)
LW - Son (87) same as Sancho (87)
ST - Werner (85) higher than Cavani (84)

Welcome to your new starting 11! Better in every single position than your current side. They should walk the league next year...

sillwuka

This is brilliant. Up there with one of my favourite ever posts on here. Is that really the extent of your analysis? I do enjoy FIFA so let’s build a side.

Welcome to your new starting 11! Better in every single position than your current side. They should walk the league next year...
:lol:

Pep's Suit

It's like any online discussion has been terrible for few months now. People just seem angry and anggressive for no reason at all. And in case of this place and Grealish: you don't have to be so emotionally invested in what a young millionaire does with his career and life ffs. :houllier:

copen1945

It's like any online discussion has been terrible for few months now. People just seem angry and anggressive for no reason at all. And in case of this place and Grealish: you don't have to be so emotionally invested in what a young millionaire does with his career and life ffs. :houllier:
It seems there was only one club in the running for this race, so United have nothing to be disappointed about. This is just one of many transfers to come during this window.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Grealish is objectively better than "Rashy" by almost any player attribute you want to pick.
He's better in the buildup but Rashford is currently a better in the final third. Let's see how it goes once Grealish moves to a better team

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

A lot of these really aren't that weird, especially when you consider the seasons the United players had at the time of these ratings. Even then, about half are quite valid I'd say in the sign of greater than.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The obsession with Grealish here is really something else. I mean, we've only just added one of the world's biggest talents in Sancho on the right wing for a giant fee. Apparently we, who are well off the pace when it comes to the title winners every year, and hence have many other weak areas, are supposed to empty our pockets on Grealish when we've got Rashford, Pogba, Bruno and Sancho for the same positions as it is.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It is genuinely weird how Grealish has completely fried some of your brains.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
The best stat I have learnt while reading this thread is "ball carrying capability". Something as basic as that is apparently better than scoring Goals or assist.

This forum has some weird obsession with him. We have signed Sancho and most here are depressed about not signing Grealish. It's hilarious

Fair enough, I agree he's a big talent.

I think it's going to be interesting to see whether he'll suit Pep's style of football.
I'm not sure about that either. Pep won't indulge his maverick tendencies, he doesn't have the talent for that, and how will he cope with being forced to put defensive work in. He's going to have to fit a system for the first time in his life instead of basically being the system as he was at Villa.

I see Mahrez. A very good player, gives them yet more squad depth, but does he improve the starting 11? Not sure about that.

MUFC OK

We arent funded by a state and have more gaps in our team? Who spends that much in another LW/AM when our midfield is bang average and we need to go but on a cF soon. And need a rB it seems.
No the previous poster said we couldnt sign him because we have Bruno. My point is that City have KDB. I agree that McFred needs to be broken up asap, cant watch another season of us getting overrun in midfield.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's the league title gone.
you act like they weren't already heavy favourites anyway :lol:

Adding Grealish to their team just makes the rich get richer. Depth wise they're probably the strongest team in Europe, but they can only play 11 of them at once.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Oh well, bit of a shame as I like him as a player but he doesn’t add anything to city that they don’t already have.

Lemansky

you act like they weren't already heavy favourites anyway :lol:

Adding Grealish to their team just makes the rich get richer. Depth wise they're probably the strongest team in Europe, but they can only play 11 of them at once.
It’s actually difficult to understand the enormous hype surrounding Grealish. A top player for sure, but not a lot better than Bernardo, Mahrez, Ferran, Sterling and Foden. They can only use 11 players.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I suspect Grealish will be a David Silva replacement for them. So they’d probably play him in midfield with KDB in front of a defensive midfielder. Not sure what that means for Foden though. I doubt he’s a Sterling replacement on the left.

Adam-Utd

It’s actually difficult to understand the enormous hype surrounding Grealish. A top player for sure, but not a lot better than Bernardo, Mahrez, Ferran, Sterling and Foden. They can only use 11 players.
He's just the shiny new toy that everybody wanted. I think his style is appealing to watch which makes people rate him even more, then add in his alice band and huge legs and he's a casuals dream.

Don't get me wrong he's a great player, excellent ball carrier - but he's going to have to up his goals/assists now to warrant £100m. Look at the expectations Pogba faced, if he's not playing like Messi every match then he's a flop IMO.

Classical Mechanic

I suspect Grealish will be a David Silva replacement for them. So they’d probably play him in midfield with KDB in front of a defensive midfielder. Not sure what that means for Foden though. I doubt he’s a Sterling replacement on the left.
I think you're right on Grealish but Foden took Sterling's place on the left in the second half of last season. Pep also played Foden left and Sterling right a fair bit. There will be a lot of rotation of course.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He's just the shiny new toy that everybody wanted. I think his style is appealing to watch which makes people rate him even more, then add in his alice band and huge legs and he's a casuals dream.

Don't get me wrong he's a great player, excellent ball carrier - but he's going to have to up his goals/assists now to warrant £100m. Look at the expectations Pogba faced, if he's not playing like Messi every match then he's a flop IMO.
Would you give Sancho the same treatment?

Until he got injured I'd say Grealish was the best player last season, he's miles better than Bernardo, Torres, Sterling, Foden. Mahrez comes close on his day. It is a fantastic signing for them but his output will have to match his transfer fee.

Adam-Utd

Would you give Sancho the same treatment?

Until he got injured I'd say Grealish was the best player last season, he's miles better than Bernardo, Torres, Sterling, Foden. Mahrez comes close on his day. It is a fantastic signing for them but his output will have to match his transfer fee.
Sancho will definitely come in with expectation thats for sure - luckily for us he's not going to be the big news story this summer so that'll help him settle in IMO.

Grealish did have a fantastic year, but at the same time he's THE MAN for Villa. They give him the ball and ask him to do something with it at every opportunity, he won't get that freedom at city.

It'll be interesting to see how his style works as a number 8, I think Guardiola will hate how long he hangs onto the ball + dribbles personally.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Sancho will definitely come in with expectation thats for sure - luckily for us he's not going to be the big news story this summer so that'll help him settle in IMO.

Grealish did have a fantastic year, but at the same time he's THE MAN for Villa. They give him the ball and ask him to do something with it at every opportunity, he won't get that freedom at city.

It'll be interesting to see how his style works as a number 8, I think Guardiola will hate how long he hangs onto the ball + dribbles personally.
Do you think Sancho will be under significantly less pressure than Grealish? This is United? Maguire gets far more stick than the likes of Pepe, Joao Felix, Coutinho, Hazard.

But the things he was doing with it, few players in the world can actually do that. That with the quality of players surrounding him is remarkable. We give the ball to Bruno as well a lot of the time.

The fact hat he had that season, and the whole caf wanted him even the summer before (after the restart), shows that he's been class. I think Pep will love him, but he might have him become a system player. Which de Bruyne isnt really, is there room for two?

dinostar77

Guardiola is going to use Grealish as a 8. So he wont be comig in off the wing or playing in the 10 position. This is going to be interesting. Has he played no8 for Villa before?

romufc

Do you think Sancho will be under significantly less pressure than Grealish? This is United? Maguire gets far more stick than the likes of Pepe, Joao Felix, Coutinho, Hazard.

But the things he was doing with it, few players in the world can actually do that. That with the quality of players surrounding him is remarkable. We give the ball to Bruno as well a lot of the time.

The fact hat he had that season, and the whole caf wanted him even the summer before (after the restart), shows that he's been class. I think Pep will love him, but he might have him become a system player. Which de Bruyne isnt really, is there room for two?
Sancho will be under bigger pressure IMO, City are a winning machine they can gradually phase Grealish in. No one speaks a word when a big player is on the bench for City... Ake £40m on bench but when Donny is on the bench, everyone is losing it.

Grealish has been class for at least 18 months in the PL. With City, I feel its a bit different, Grealish seems to be a showman, enjoys a big stage and crowd, he won't get that at City because 1. the atmosphere is dead 2. Pep plays a system where he won't be allowed to showcase his attributes.

Like you say De Bruyne but lets not forget Foden is similar as well, how he fits those 3 in will be interesting.

Adam-Utd

Yes, Sancho isn't a big name in England yet. While united players are always under pressure unless he has an awful start I don't think the press will be too interested.

Grealish is the media darling right now, he'll be under the most pressure to start well IMO.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Yes, Sancho isn't a big name in England yet. While united players are always under pressure unless he has an awful start I don't think the press will be too interested.

Grealish is the media darling right now, he'll be under the most pressure to start well IMO.
Fair enough I guess, personally, I see it that United players are easily the most scrutinised. That might have an "us against the world" feel to it. But how lightly other players are treated compared to United players is significant imo. Players like Laporte, Mahrez, Bernardo, Rodri, Sterling, Jesus can get away with poor form so much more. But it helps if the team is still winning trophies I can imagine, we haven't won one in 4 years.

Red_Aaron

It's a shame as I love the way he plays, proper saf era united player aura about him. Its mental money though so I understand united not getting involved when they really needed multiple players this window.

It pushes kanes price up though, levy will be eyeing North of £150m now. Can city really drop £250m in one window? Especially in a market where you can't really sell off your unwanteds anywhere other than psg

Maybe they'll sell bernardo to Melbourne for £300m or something

dal

He is worth every single penny. He will transform them, yes they have Sterling and Mahrez who are brilliant but Jack is on another level.

You cannot judge his stats entirely at a club like Villa, his assist will go through the sky at city.

He’s a provider and his biggest asset is he terrifies the opposition. He will change an oppositions tactics if he plays, he can break any defensive line with ease, there’s a reason city have broken there transfer record on him.

We should have signed him, barring injuries he will be a phenomenon.

Adam-Utd

Fair enough I guess, personally, I see it that United players are easily the most scrutinised. That might have an "us against the world" feel to it. But how lightly other players are treated compared to United players is significant imo. Players like Laporte, Mahrez, Bernardo, Rodri, Sterling, Jesus can get away with poor form so much more. But it helps if the team is still winning trophies I can imagine, we haven't won one in 4 years.
That's certainly true, but it's only usually the big name players.

People like Maguire, Pogba already had big reputations before joining. While we all know Sancho is a great player, many here don't watch the Bundesliga and he's not really got started for England yet.

I could be wrong, I just think the press will be more interested in Grealish at the start. I have no worries about Sancho anyway, think he's going to be class.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Reckon he's a candidate for shin splint in juries.

Excellent player mind but not entirely sure he's what they need to replace Aguero

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Reckon he's a candidate for shin splint in juries.

Excellent player mind but not entirely sure he's what they need to replace Aguero
He’s got 60% more shin than your average man so he’s definitely a candidate.

Hawks2008

Not sure I get the hysteria, pretty sure Young had higher output at Villa than him with fewer games played. Sterling/Mahrez/Foden/Bernardo all better or equal to him so I don't see him having such a massive impact. When I read people saying he's better than Bruno and Rashford all I can do is laugh.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He'll do well for City. All this talk about "being transformed into a system player", "Pep won't know how to use him" ( :houllier: )... Is just wishful thinking.

At the same time I think that with Sancho and a midfielder (or Pogba magically being able to play midfield for us consistently well) we will be well positioned to challenge City, Grealish or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.