Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

dal

In any sort of reality, who plays where for us then? Or is this one of those ‘that’s the thing, we will have options’ posts?
In any sort of reality, who plays where for us then? Or is this one of those ‘that’s the thing, we will have options’ posts?
Grealish can play left or in a double pivot or in the hole. Sancho can play on the right or left Rashford can play up top or left.

You do know that City had these attackers this season, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Silva, Sterling, Jesus, Torres, Aguero, Foden. Very Strange.

Okey

If Citeh add Kane and Grealish, it would amount to unfair competition.

Bwuk

I don’t see why they’d go for him tbh. I don’t see them spending over 100m each on Kane & Grealish, and Kane is surely a higher priority.

Dominos

Can't stand this bullshitter.

What are the chances that City have come to an agreement with Grealish on wages, and an agreement with Villa on transfer fee, and not a single journalist connected with Villa or City or Grealish' agent has caught wind of the story. And they'll be kept in the dark about it for the whole of the Euros.

rotherham_red

Replace the creative outlet. Grealish is as good as sold.
But he plays on the opposite side of the pitch to Grealish. Add in the fact he's got 4 years left on his deal and Villa have deep pockets, I can see him staying moreso than leaving. Of course, he might still leave but I don't see anything less than £125m tempting Villa (which I can't see City sanctioning) and I don't see Grealish as the sort to kick up a fuss at his boyhood club either. Especially since he could easily have done so after he saved them from relegation last year and didn't do it. Why would he do it now when it looks like they are potentially on the verge of cracking Europe next year?

passing-wind

Grealish will cost likely over 100 million, City have walked away from many a deal they have deemed too expensive. Unless Villa are throwing a discount, Grealish will still be there next season. I reckon Kane is the more realistic transfer considering the loss of Aguero and Kane being very vocal about wanting to move.

Dante

Average bang
Absolutely zero chance this is a done deal.

Villa will be waiting for the Euros to end in the hope that Grealish can put in a couple of MOTM performances to raise his asking price.

Plus, Villa are loaded. The negotiations are going to take ages because they don't need the money.

Coops73

“Grealish to city and it’s over”

“Grealish and Kane and we might as well throw the towel in”

“Grealish and kane would be unfair competition”

Football just doesn’t work that way, some people on here need to calm the feck down before they have an aneurysm .

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa

Football just doesn’t work that way, some people on here need to calm the feck down before they have an aneurysm .
They're already pretty much untouchable. I think they could go the whole season unbeaten if they added Grealish and Kane to that side.

FatTails

A bit dramatic yes, but they’re already miles ahead of us and buying two of the best players in the league over the last two seasons will make them even better.

They’re already very dominant, winning 5 out of the 10 last league titles and finishing second 3 times. It’s understandable that people are worried. The death of FFP and the fact that COVID has hit clubs who operate as legitimate businesses really hard doesn’t help either in painting a more optimistic picture for the rest of the league.

Bondi77

He never proved himself in the Champions League and ultimately that’s a blot on the resume of one of this country’s finest strikers, no question.
Pele must not have been world class then as he only performed well in World Cups and he was in one of the greatest national sides ever assembled.
Never played in European football.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Only if we had paid the asking price last year instead of signing DVDB. Now we have a 40m player which is nothing special and if he continues serving performances like he did, 40m deadwood.

Walters_19_MuFc

Haha, I'm glad you said it.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I thought it was fecking pointless competing when Chelsea signed Ballack and Shevchenko.

Dante

Average bang
I thought it was fecking pointless competing when Chelsea signed Ballack and Shevchenko.
In point of fact, United actually got worse after we bought Berbatov.

In 2007/08 before buying Berbatov, United scored 80 goals in the league. Then in 2008/09 when we had Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov all in the same squad, United only scored 68 goals. By way of comparison, this season just passed, United got 73 goals.

There are two lessons to take from that. First is that United's current attack isn't actually that bad. And second is that big names can sometimes upset a winning formula.

Bondi77

What a letdown Shevchenko was.
Another expensive import who could not cut the mustard in the Premier League.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I didn’t think Ballack was that great either. Not a flop but I was underwhelmed

SecondFig

Can't stand this bullshitter.

What are the chances that City have come to an agreement with Grealish on wages, and an agreement with Villa on transfer fee, and not a single journalist connected with Villa or City or Grealish' agent has caught wind of the story. And they'll be kept in the dark about it for the whole of the Euros.
I think it's well known that City are interested in Grealish. Combine that with Villa bringing in Buendia and being heavily linked to JWP, and I'd guess that McDermott it just making an educated guess in the hope that he's right.

I don't think the actual move is that unlikely personally - but if it was a "done deal", like you say, you'd expect some of the Villa and/or City journos to be talking about this rather than McDermott

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We had SAF then, and we have Ole now.

But yeh. I felt that way, too.

Bondi77

I think it's well known that City are interested in Grealish. Combine that with Villa bringing in Buendia and being heavily linked to JWP, and I'd guess that McDermott it just making an educated guess in the hope that he's right.

I don't think the actual move is that unlikely personally - but if it was a "done deal", like you say, you'd expect some of the Villa and/or City journos to be talking about this rather than McDermott
Just lazy journalism, same reason why every winger who can do a step over gets linked to us.

AsonUnique

Grealish will cost likely over 100 million, City have walked away from many a deal they have deemed too expensive. Unless Villa are throwing a discount, Grealish will still be there next season. I reckon Kane is the more realistic transfer considering the loss of Aguero and Kane being very vocal about wanting to move.
Kane going there makes them much stronger. Grealish is amazing but he will be rotated quite a bit, not sure why they go for him unless they lose a couple of their attacking mid/wingers. He will compete with Sterling, Bernardo, Gundogan, KdB, Foden etc.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This is why I say that just because players perform against English clubs in the CL doesn’t mean they can play in the PL.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Grealish would be absolutely brilliant in this City team so hopefully this doesn't happen. Good thing is that they're absolutely stacked in attack and it's hard to see them move on the likes of Sterling and company. Plus he would cost and arm and a leg to get from Villa

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
In point of fact, United actually got worse after we bought Berbatov.

In 2007/08 before buying Berbatov, United scored 80 goals in the league. Then in 2008/09 when we had Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov all in the same squad, United only scored 68 goals. By way of comparison, this season just passed, United got 73 goals.

There are two lessons to take from that. First is that United's current attack isn't actually that bad. And second is that big names can sometimes upset a winning formula.
One I always find weird and funny is we scored fewer league goals when we bought Van Persie, conceded more, and had the same amount of points when you compare 2011/12 and 2012/13.
The bigger issue is distribution of goals anyway. Grealish is brilliant but like you say, there are no certainties with signings and he is going to come in to play 2nd fiddle to De Bruyne on the ball for control and creativity, and also fight with Foden, Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo Silva for a starting spot who all offer very different things.

dal

One I always find weird and funny is we scored fewer league goals when we bought Van Persie, conceded more, and had the same amount of points when you compare 2011/12 and 2012/13.
The bigger issue is distribution of goals anyway. Grealish is brilliant but like you say, there are no certainties with signings and he is going to come in to play 2nd fiddle to De Bruyne on the ball for control and creativity, and also fight with Foden, Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo Silva for a starting spot who all offer very different things.

I think De Bruyne and Gundogan are nailed on for the centre, if they get Kane then he’s up top.

Whereas I think Grealish starts for man United in our best team, I’m not so sure it’s as clear cut with city. Mahrez and Foden are already brilliant there.

Andrew7582

Shevchenko in his prime would have ripped up the premier league, Milan sold him at just the right time.

theklr

Whereas I think Grealish starts for man United in our best team, I’m not so sure it’s as clear cut with city. Mahrez and Foden are already brilliant there.
In what position would Grealish start for us? Genuinly curious since we have Pogba and Rashford at LW, and Bruno at no10.

Status
Not open for further replies.