Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

Geez...what tripe will they be printing once the window opens?
Mind boggling stuff!

Crustanoid

Damn. Grealish and Kane. They are going to be unstoppable. Lucky.
If this happens, Ed, the Glazers and Murtough or whatever the feck is name is need to be repeatedly kicked in the nads every 30 seconds for the next 80 years.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
I could see both Sterling and Jesus moving on to accommodate a double signing of Grealish and Kane.

If this was to happen, I think it could pan out like this:

Aguero > Barca
Sterling > Real
Grealish > City
Kane > City
Jesus > Spurs in a swap deal

Is Jesus above a Spurs level player? Probably. But I can’t see us splashing out on both without a swap deal for at least one of them and/or a big money departure. If we’re in for Grealish, which is looking obvious, we’ll definitely have transfer plans for some of our current players.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I could see both Sterling and Jesus moving on to accommodate a double signing of Grealish and Kane.

Aguero > Barca
Sterling > Real
Grealish > City
Kane > City

Is Jesus above a Spurs level player? Probably. But I can’t see us splashing out on both without a swap deal for at least one of them and/or a big money departure. If we’re in for Grealish, which is looking obvious, we’ll definitely have transfer plans for some of our current players.
Will depend on Spurs next coach. Jesus could buy into Poch’s vision. He is excellent with players

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Please not City. I would fancy Grealish over Sancho any day of the week as i think he is a better fotballer and would help us dominate matches more than Sancho.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
Will depend on Spurs next coach. Jesus could buy into Poch’s vision. He is excellent with players
I really can’t see Poch returning, to be honest. Levy’s vision didn’t match his own and all the players that he wanted to move on are still there. Without Kane, I don’t think he’d be interested.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I really can’t see Poch returning, to be honest. Levy’s vision didn’t match his own and all the players that he wanted to move on are still there. Without Kane, I don’t think he’d be interested.
Kane hasn’t gone anywhere yet and unless someone comes up with 100m minimum he’ll be a Spurs player next season

Hammondo

Aguero > Barca
Sterling > Real
Grealish > City
Kane > City

I would expect Real would want better than Sterling.

cyberman

Signing Grealish would take too many goals from the side. Maybe Kane can make up for it but no way they can sign both imo
Plus they already have Foden for the left

Pep's Suit

Well, Grealish is more likely to move than Kane and I think he'd do very well as a false 9 so why not? Also Jesus and Sterling didn't show much this season so maybe one of them will be sold.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Going on the left side of midfield in previous Silva position. Seems perfect for him in City system.

Hopefully not.

croadyman

FFS Utd players get in the ears of the people that matter and get him ahead of Sancho, could actually stomach them getting Kane more than Jack any day of the week but please not both because that's too much to take. Romano kept talking about swaps being the way forward well get and offer Jesse/Axel to Villa as part of the deal then to lower price

Last edited:

Acole9

Outstanding
I would be gutted if he went there. My favourite non United player in the Premier League.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
£100m theyre welcome to him. I'd love to see them try justify how he is worth that. feck me

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Three reporters all did a write up last night saying we're signing Sancho, Kane, Rice and Pau Torres. Woodward has been briefing to get fans back on side, again.
That isn't happening.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What, are they going to sign both Grealish and a CF for 120m+ each? 250m on 2 players? Doubt it. Between Mahrez, Sterling, Foden and Bernardo Silva, I doubt they get Grealish. Kane for 120m makes sense for them unless they want to spend 150m on Haaland instead instead of waiting a year.

Dante

Average bang
Remember last summer when there were people saying he was worth £40m because Van de Beek was just as good and Havertz was twice the player?

Good times.

reddevilz007

Sell Pogba, Pereira, Dalot. Let Matic and Mata leave.
Should be close enough to get Grealish.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I personally feel that villa will look to sell Grealish this year.

They went through the season without him and it showed they could still survive to some standard without him.

croadyman

I'm still gutted Villa stayed up, I genuinely think we'd have signed him last summer if they hadn't.
Yeah I blame VAR for that Sheff Utd goal not being allowed to stand and cost us the signing

croadyman

I personally feel that villa will look to sell Grealish this year.

They went through the season without him and it showed they could still survive to some standard without him.
Yeah sadly it will be to our neighbours

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If they do get him and bin Sterling - it shows how ruthless and well run they really are.

I don't like dogpiling on the whole self-lamenting stuff - but hoarding players until their values have absolutely depleted is one thing we're masters in.

Pep's Suit

Sterling has contract until 2023 but basically City have to offer extension until '26 and he wants big money or sell him now. And he didn't justify his demands this season, now he's a bench-warmer who wants 350K p/w.

visiting villain

Supports
Aston Villa
Not too worried about losing him if i'm honest. Don't think city would meet our valuation for him but if they did we would be in for quite the windfall. Don't see where he'd fit in their squad though, as he would want to play every game.

Also thanks FFP for keeping the game in check, really appreciate it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Aguero > Barca
Sterling > Real
Grealish > City
Kane > City

Real isn't spending money for Sterling. If they have the money, they will go for one of Haaland or Mbappe.

gazbradley

I can see them breaking their transfer record this summer especially if they win tomorrow, was convinced it was gonna be Kane tbh as it made the most sense but could easily see it being Grealish or would Mbappe even be that ridiculous now Zidane has gone. I don’t even see why they’d need to sell to accommodate someone this summer, Aguero is already gone and not like they’d need to balance the books, can just let them fight it out for places. Lack of rest over the summer as well, this season has shown how important having quality squad depth is and would just make them even more stacked

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Please not City. I would fancy Grealish over Sancho any day of the week as i think he is a better fotballer and would help us dominate matches more than Sancho.
I too think the same. This definitely is a minority opinion but I think Grealish is going to elevate his game to a whole new level at a bigger club.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Is there in any way United fans can prevent this happening?

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Rumour is, Grealish and Haaland.

If they win the UCL, I can see their owners providing the funds
What's the logic here? The difference in earning between winning or losing the final is minimal. A) I doubt any result has an impact on how much they want to/are willing to spend but B) if it were it'd be far more likely a loss would result in a splashing of cash than a win.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
If this happens, the fans of the rest of the league should just forget about the first position and recognize the second position as the title winners. Only thing City will have is a trophy, which you can get made for 1000 quid, instead of having to spend 1 billion on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.