Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offsideagain

Guardiola said that City can only spend £100m this window. He may be lying again, but Kane will cost that much minimum. Grealish has not even hinted in moving from Villa, has a good contract with a good club with owners that don’t need the money. Everything is against this deal, so expect it to be announced in a couple of weeks for £70m for FFP purposes with the real price being in excess of £100m. All bollocks of course just like the media hype.

passing-wind

Grealish is ridiculously overrated especially on these forums. He excels at a trait we seldom see due to how tactical the game is and that's drifting pass players via dribbling into space with the ball under close control. There's far more dynamics in the game that can be used to assess the assertiveness of a players contribution.

Realistically in an inflated market Jack is a 80 million pound player. I actually think City will be a weakened side if they solely sign Grealish in place of Sterling. They'll lack pace in transitions and won't be able to stretch the play well enough due to so many "inside" forwards lacking width.

mu4c_20le

G10 will prove you all wrong next season. If he goes to city, he will bench De Bruyne.

El Jefe

Grealish is the modern day Ronaldinho.

Bruno isn't in the same category, not even close.
:lol: The modern day Ronaldinho is at Aston Villa approaching 26 and on England's bench, got it.

I admire how bold and wrong both of these sentences are.

The United

Ahh right, lets just twist statistics to suit ones agenda.

Some mad ones on this forum
It is funny because the one they did it on is a United player.

I like Grealish but I really have doubts that he would suit us right now. I see too many similarity with Pogba in term of being a luxury player and United does not work out with those kinds of players for some reasons.

jackal&hyde

That modern day Ronaldinho post has finished me off, that's enough Caf for one day. Bloody hell, and I love Grealish. Cya later x
More like Maradona. Some people just love to under rate him for some reason.

NOT.

CanadianUtd

Supports
Vancouver, Boston
Grealish is more like a modern day Beckham than anything

(hair/flair and all)

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Grealish is a good player but also so hyped. The less he played for England, the better he got

Bestietom

Grealish is a good player. It's the injuries that he will pick up here the way he plays that worries me some.
He will have to "pull his socks up".

yamo123x

Bruno has had a great impact on our team but he was overplayed and badly out of form 2nd half of last season. He was giving the ball away so readily, i think he was actively frustrated at his form and the lack of quality around him. There are also question marks about him in the big games.

Signing Grealish makes sense on so many levels.

-Pogba ain't staying long term
- Another creative spark to take pressure off Bruno
- Keeping him away from City
- He is marketable asset and popular guy, he'll sell a lot of shirts
- I think he will shine playing with better players.

If villa want Axel and DVB/Lingard I'd definitely look at part ex deal

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
It was only this time last year that people on here thought he wasn't even better than James Maddison. The needle keeps moving on the discourse surrounding him but he curiously always remains "overrated".

red thru&thru

I want this guy to replace Pogba...but I don't know how that would work in terms of dynamics. I also believe Hannibal could very well be a similar player to Grealish.

Basically what I think I'm saying is, I don't want him to go to City!

The United

How is his work rate, btw? Whenever I watch him play, he does not seem like a hard worker which is fine in Villa's team as he is their star player. It is different to play in a City team or even in United's.

I don't mean that he has to work hard like a Park. But, he is not going to get an easy time in a bigger team with generally not doing pressing, closing down, keeping shape, tracking runners etc unless he will be as good as a Ronaldo.

We have a problem with Pogba in that and Rashford has been getting the heat for that last season. Signing someone like that to replace Pogba probably would not help us at all as a team.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Bruno has had a great impact on our team but he was overplayed and badly out of form 2nd half of last season. He was giving the ball away so readily, i think he was actively frustrated at his form and the lack of quality around him. There are also question marks about him in the big games.

Signing Grealish makes sense on so many levels.

-Pogba ain't staying long term
- Another creative spark to take pressure off Bruno
- Keeping him away from City
- He is marketable asset and popular guy, he'll sell a lot of shirts
- I think he will shine playing with better players.

If villa want Axel and DVB/Lingard I'd definitely look at part ex deal
If we are to buy Grealish, we won’t add another CB and DM for sure. We just don’t have such budget to buy them all:

Sancho - 73m
Varane - 50m?
Camavinga - 40m?
Grealish - 100m

Total - 263m? just won’t happen

Even if we sell some of our players (if there are takers):

Pogba - 50m
Lingard - 25m
James - 20m

Total - 263-95= 168m net spend? Still not likely to happen

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It was only this time last year that people on here thought he wasn't even better than James Maddison. The needle keeps moving on the discourse surrounding him but he curiously always remains "overrated".
78% rated Grealish as better player than Maddison in that thread.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
78% rated Grealish as better player than Maddison in that thread.
Was there a Grealish vs Maddison thread I missed? I just remember being ripped to shreds on here for suggesting he was better than Maddison, maybe around January last year.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Saw my old post there:

Most people here think Grealish is better player, yet they also think Grealish should cost less than Maddison too (who is valued at 80m in pre-COVID market).

Another thing is, most here think Villa should let Grealish go for cheap, as he carried them last season. Yet we’ve seen many top players carrying their team in the past too, none of them went for cheap for this reason.
Looks like I was the only sensible poster on the thread, as always. I am a good predictor.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
Thanks! I got the timeline of the post I was referring to wrong, it was around November 2019 (it also might have something to do with the Scholes line to be fair) :D . Pleasantly surprised it took only 2 months for opinions to come around on that.

That's fair, though I'd like to think it's not. I love John McGinn to bits for example, but I think Maddison is the better player. Jack is on a different level to both of them. He's the most talented English midfielder since Scholes imo, and like I said it's only a matter of time before this becomes common knowledge. Such talent can only stay hidden for so long.
The point I was originally shoddily trying to make is that the opinions on Grealish have changed a lot in the past 2 years, but in that time period there have always been people calling him overrated. It makes me wonder, how good does he need to be to properly shed that tag? Or is it simply because he's English?

OrcaFat

He might not be Ronaldinho, I will concede that point.

But he is my favourite player currently active.

He’s not a favourite of Southgate but plenty of brilliant players have been left out by coaches for preference. Plus he’s not match fit at the moment so not being selected is no indication of his quality.

And yet even in this tournament, he makes so much happen when he is on the pitch. He wasn’t tracking back much but that could be fitness.

Anyway, he’s bloody brilliant. Shame the will and finances are not there to go and get him to United. I so much want a player like that in our team.

The glimmer of hope is that boy Hannibal looks a similar player. Could be equally exciting.

Revan

Assumptionman
Grealish is a good player but also so hyped. The less he played for England, the better he got
He's been called several times in this thread 'the best player in England' which is absolutely laughable.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's been called several times in this thread 'the best player in England' which is absolutely laughable.
He was the best player in the league last season before his injury (well, either him or Kane). Now two thirds of a season isn't enough to say he is 'the best', but I wouldn't say the claim is absolutely laughable. If he does the same this coming season then it'll be a decent shout.

Revan

Assumptionman
He was the best player in the league last season before his injury (well, either him or Kane). Now two thirds of a season isn't enough to say he is 'the best', but I wouldn't say the claim is absolutely laughable. If he does the same this coming season then it'll be a decent shout.
He might then be the only 'best player in the league' ever who didn't even make the PFA team of the league, let alone win the main award. Oh, and he has like ten matches for England.

There are a dozen better players than him in the league.

OrcaFat

He might then be the only 'best player in the league' ever who didn't even make the PFA team of the league, let alone win the main award. Oh, and he has like ten matches for England.

There are a dozen better players than him in the league.
He arguably has the most ability. Playing for a mid table club doesn’t help with team of the year type stuff. Southgate obviously prefers others but it doesn’t make him any worse than them.

He is also a very effective and influential player in an otherwise average team.

To say he is the best ignores too many of the logical criteria for measuring “goodness”. But who needs logic? He is the player I would want us to sign above any other on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.