Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Is he reliable?

He's absolute box office isn't he. I'm not sure his raw output quite matches his entertainment levels, but at City it doesn't need to.
Yes he's very reliable.

Grealish is a mammoth transfer, we've missed a huge trick here especially considering Pogba is on his way out. City getting him will be like another KDB situation.

Idxomer

The perfect Guardiola player, huge possibility of him winning player of the season.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Has Pogba played in central midfield for us recently, second half of last season he seem to be further forward
Yep, Pogba struggles to fit into our central midfield despite nominally being a central midfielder. So much so that we've used him at LW at times towards the end of last season while McFred took the central roles.

Why we'd double down on that problem by replacing him with someone who is even less able to fit into our central midfield (because he isn't even nominally that sort of central midfielder), I have no idea.

Classical Mechanic

Sam Lee's longer article says that they're prepared to spend up to £215m combined on Kane and Grealish. Jesus, B Silva, Mahrez and Sterling are all on the market although the former two are more likely to make way for Kane and Grealish. There will be no other major business if they sign these two players.

Highfather_24

Why we'd double down on that problem by replacing him with someone who is even less able to fit into our central midfield (because he isn't even nominally that sort of central midfielder), I have no idea.
Exactly. The problem with Pogba is that he is a #8/10 hybrid so he doesnt fit in a midfield 2, so why would we replace Pogba with another #8/10 hybrid? We will simply run into the same problem again. We need to get a CM.

Also those thinking Grealish will not work out at City or "he is not that good anyway" just reeks of sour grapes tbh.

Santos J

Shame, don't think we'd have gone in for him so would've been nice to see him stay at Villa. He'll be fecking brilliant for City.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
One of the most overrated players in England. He is good but come on, generational talent?
Couldn't agree more - he's a very good player but if you read some of the posts in here you would think he was one of the best players in the world which is hilarious.

Pep's Suit

Is he reliable?

He's absolute box office isn't he. I'm not sure his raw output quite matches his entertainment levels, but at City it doesn't need to.
He's not that reliable but there was some leak on friday that Grealish should be done next (this) week.

Sam Lee's longer article says that they're prepared to spend up to £215m combined on Kane and Grealish. Jesus, B Silva, Mahrez and Sterling are all on the market although the former two are more likely to make way for Kane and Grealish. There will be no other major business if they sign these two players.
Bernardo wanted to leave for over a year and there are rumours Jesus has some other interests so yeah both could leave this summer.

Jaxa

It's Mad 3/4 of them would be great for us right now,

Don't rate Jesus at all, never have but quite surprised the other 3 are being linked with moves away while we still have Juan Mata and Dan James playing for us :lol:

I wonder what kind of prices they are asking for each player, i can't see too many clubs being able to afford them tbh

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He's not that reliable but there was some leak on friday that Grealish should be done next (this) week.

Bernardo wanted to leave for over a year and there are rumours Jesus has some other interests so yeah both could leave this summer.
To who? Barcelona and Madrid aren’t an option and Italian clubs don’t spend. Where are these players going with their wages?

Classical Mechanic

It's Mad 3/4 of them would be great for us right now,

Don't rate Jesus at all, never have but quite surprised the other 3 are being linked with moves away while we still have Juan Mata and Dan James playing for us :lol:

I wonder what kind of prices they are asking for each player, i can't see too many clubs being able to afford them tbh
B Silva wants to play in Spain. Mahrez and Sterling both have 2 years on their contracts so may be a little cheaper than expected. Sterling fell out with Pep at the end of last season which is why he's free to leave if the right offer comes in.

Highfather_24

The media really did a sensational job of elevating Grealish to almost a mythical beast status over the summer.
He has created the most chances per 90 in the PL last season from open play. Even better than KdB and Bruno. He is the most fouled player in the PL by a margin. He is extremely press resistant. And was Villa's captain age 24, he is a leader. He may not be a mythical beast, but he is one of PL's best players.

-------------------Ederson
Walker--Stones--Dias--Cancelo
--------------------Rodri
--------------KdB-------Grealish
------Sterling--Jesus---Foden

Damn.

Judas

Open to offers
Baby cakes I know he's good, I love him as a player, absolutely gutted he's going to such a sad little club, but some of the talk about him is mental. Absolutely mental.

RORY65

He's a very good player but the way that the England fans reacted to him this summer was bizarre, I kind of think the fact that he's a bit of a lad meant he really appealed to the Brexit-y element that makes up a significant element of the England fan base. I'm not sure he even makes City's best starting 11 although obviously he just adds even more quality to their squad.

Joeace2020

Wow! The best talent since Rooney? Generational talent? The English sure do know how to hype their own. He's nothing exceptional. A good player, but not great. Pipe down y'all.

Highfather_24

Baby cakes I know he's good, I love him as a player, absolutely gutted he's going to such a sad little club, but some of the talk about him is mental. Absolutely mental.
Almost all English players are overhyped to an extreme level, that's nothing new. Happened to Rashford, Kane, Henderson you name it.

cyberman

He has created the most chances per 90 in the PL last season from open play. Even better than KdB and Bruno. He is the most fouled player in the PL by a margin. He is extremely press resistant. And was Villa's captain age 24, he is a leader. He may not be a mythical beast, but he is one of PL's best players.

-------------------Ederson
Walker--Stones--Dias--Cancelo
--------------------Rodri
--------------KdB-------Grealish
------Sterling--Jesus---Foden

Damn.
That looks shit tbh. Do you hate Rodri?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
To be honest I'm not sure he will work great at City.

He likes to hold onto the ball which Guardiola will not like one bit. A lot of their attacks come from being able to move the ball quickly from side to side and open spaces.

Grealish is a bit of a throwback in the sense he likes to draw people to him first and then play his way out of it, but will that work in the tighter spaces City face?. He's a big fish in a smaller pond at Villa where they're happy to let him hog it and hope he can create (which he often can) but in a more team focused structure i'm not sure that'll wash.

He's obviously a great talent but i'm not sure he will go there and elevate them to a new level in most of the matches, but will probably add more danger than Sterling does in the tighter big games.

Oranges038

Generational talent is such a stupid way to describe a player, he's good but he's not world class yet. Not even close to how good Rooney was never mind Ronaldinho.

Not sure if he will get on with Pep, he doesn't seem to get on well with players who have big personalities. I also don't think his style suits how Pep wants his players to play. Personally, I hope if he goes there and it all turns sour like Ibrahimovic at Barca.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Grealish is class. If he was strongly linked to United im sure most in here would have a different view on him.

Grealish is class. If he was strongly linked to United im sure most in here would have a different view on him.
A different view than what? To a man here he’s being described as class, which he is.
Rooney, Ronaldinho and “generational talent” he isn’t.
If you think a United link would suddenly make people lose their senses and describe him as such, you’ve lost your mind.

wise_old_man

Sad to see him go there, just a bit boring really. He won't even play every week.

I'm sure he'd go to us over them if we were interested, but that ship has sailed at this point.
Pogba may have screwed us over again. We didn't chase after Grealish because Pogba is still here. Then Pogba will leave us for free next year and Grealish would have already been a City player by then.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
A different view than what? To a man here he’s being described as class, which he is.
Rooney, Ronaldinho and “generational talent” he isn’t.
If you think a United link would suddenly make people lose their senses and describe him as such, you’ve lost your mind.
Read the whole thread. Many people in here are talking him down, calling him underrated and debscribes him as good but nothing special etc. etc. He is a generational talent and world class. They way he play in an mediocre Villa team is admirable and im sure he would shine in a City, Chelsea, Pool or United.

Pogba is often described as world class in here but has been very inconsistent from day one 5 year straight. Grealish has two very good seasons in his belt now in a very average team. People in here also describe Sancho as the better player which he clearly isn`t atm. Sancho played in a weaker league and in much better offensive team. Would Sancho do the same in Villa ? No way. Would Sancho do better than Grealish in Villa ? Nope.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
Pogba may have screwed us over again. We didn't chase after Grealish because Pogba is still here. Then Pogba will leave us for free next year and Grealish would have already been a City player by then.
No, Villa staying up screwed us. If they'd gone down we'd have signed him last year. It was almost an open secret. They stayed up, the price doubled and we ended up with Donny.

JakeTheRed

If he was a 'generational talent' & of the same ilk as Rooney & Ronaldinho, then surely everyone would be after him? Oh wait, they aren't, because the English press have hyped up Grealish as the messiah and teams know that.

He's 25, turning 26 in September. Rooney was doing bits at 16 in the premier league, there is NO comparison.

Don't get me wrong, he's a decent player, but he isn't world-class.

Read the whole thread. Many people in here are talking him down, calling him underrated and debscribes him as good but nothing special etc. etc. He is a generational talent and world class. They way he play in an mediocre Villa team is admirable and im sure he would shine in a City, Chelsea, Pool or United.
kin ell

He’s great Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.