Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Daily Fail claiming Pep is about to splash the cash on him.

Would be a great signing and fits in with Pep’s style. He can break the lines and with Gundogan getting older now, it makes sense. What an option.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Not sure I can see this one. Think Grealish would actually be better in our team where he can have more freedom to dribble and create things. Just not sure I can imagine him in a possession based team as much.

Inigo Montoya

If they signed him and Kane for daft money it would a pretty sad day for the PL.
Rumour is, Grealish and Haaland.

If they win the UCL, I can see their owners providing the funds

I much preferred the Lukaku to City rumours.

Grealish would be great there, my only question would be Grealish's maverick style vs. Pep's obsessive control.

Varun

Staff
One of my favorite players so this would be a bit shit. He'll cost an absolute bomb though so unless City are spending close to 200mil, don't see how they can get both grealish and Kane.

Inigo Montoya

Not sure I can see this one. Think Grealish would actually be better in our team where he can have more freedom to dribble and create things. Just not sure I can imagine him in a possession based team as much.
The way he plays, he’s tailored for a possession based team. He finds clever passes, doesn’t give the ball away and is a great ball carrier.

Either that or we promote Hannibal. He’s our equivalent albeit young and raw

Craig Ward

A transfer I can sadly see happening.

City are ruthless and always make good moves. Reminds me of us when we actually competed.

Great player, would be awesome for City

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I’d be deeply sad if this happened. Which means it’s nailed on.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
If hes not coming to us then please let him go to city...

They would have to drop stirlig, silva, foden or KDB to accomodate him so its about the only team in the world he could go to and arguably not make them any stronger

bsCallout

They would have to drop stirlig, silva, foden or KDB to accomodate him so its about the only team in the world he could go to and arguably not make them any stronger
Grealish for Sterling is a huge upgrade imo. Or they drop Mahrez.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
You don't think Foden has the freedom to dribble and create things? Possession is the philosophy for all those except for the Front 3. They are the ones that dribble as Mahrez and Foden do, cross, and take shots.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He would be brilliant for them and would be right at home in their possession style. Hopefully we make an attempt to sign him as well.

AgentSmith

Grealish would make any team in the world stronger. He’s easily better than Sterling and Silva atm.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Has been linked with a move to City for a while now, can see it happening definitely. Lique 1 has a more competitive title race than the Premier League nowadays.

bsCallout

Grealish, Foden, KDB with a top striker is a pretty grim thought. Ruined my Friday.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The perfect Pep player really, just depend whether he will be happy being rotated.

I suspect they'll sign Kane and Grealish though just to cement their position at the top :mad:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I love how everyone is getting angry over hypotheticals

Banana Republic

In just over 24 hours, City could be the champions of Europe. The greatest prize of all.
They are in a prime position to dominate the EPL for years to come and maybe overtake Utd’s number of European titles, before this decade is out.
Why wouldn’t Grealish not jump at the chance to go there if this story was true?
There’s no other source for this speculation from the Mail.

You have to wonder about the balance of City’s squad if they bought him though, unless one of their current players leaves to make way for a new signing.
They’ve got Sterling, Foden, Torres, KDB, Mahrez, Silva all successfully playing in that role already, but only one striker, Jesus.
With Aguero gone, it’s clear where their recruitment priority will be.

Last edited:

jackal&hyde

We Sleep Walk and others do the business.
What business?

I don't think it's true. City are in for a striker and I don't see Sterling, Foden, KDB making way for anyone, plus they have Ferran Torres and Mahrez.

The English media seems obsessed with linking Grealish with a move right now. The clubs that could afford him just don't need players in his position right now.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
In just over 24 hours, City could be the champions of Europe. The greatest prize of all.
They are in a prime position to dominate the EPL for years to come and maybe overtake Utd’s number of European titles, before this decade is out.
Why wouldn’t Grealish not jump at the chance to go there if this story was true?

You have to wonder about the balance of City’s squad though, unless one of their current players leaves to make way for a new signing.
They’ve got Sterling, Foden, Torres, KDB, Mahrez, Silva playing in that role already, but only one striker, Jesus.
They have managed pretty well this season with the goal return from other players. They don't rely on a striker. If they get it might actually change the focus of the team, they need to feed him.

bsCallout

What business?

I don't think it's true. City are in for a striker and I don't see Sterling, Foden, KDB making way for anyone, plus they have Ferran Torres and Mahrez.

The English media seems obsessed with linking Grealish with a move right now. The clubs that could afford him just don't need players in his position right now.
We do imo.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
So far, I've only seen it in the gutter press (and they're all saying "according to the Daily Mail"). Nobody reputable is on it, and the Daily Mail have never been the first to know about a big transfer.

They've got an abundance of creative midfielders who can play centrally or out wide, and they're pretty much all very good. I'd expect them to prioritise a centre forward and a more defensive midfielder before bolstering an area of the pitch that already has De Bruyne, Foden, Bernardo, Sterling and Mahrez.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
What business?

Why would you imagine something so disturbing?

Well then we keep dreaming and snoozing like we did before.

Tiber

We are miles behind them as things stand and they look set to invest much more heavily than we will.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’ve been scared of this for a while.

I was worried that when we didn’t sign him that Pep would realize that Grealish and Foden could be the new generation of Silva and De Bruyne in central partnership.

I want him more than Sancho.

Leg-End

City are going to strengthen win or lose, they are always going to add players that get jealous glances from the rest. I hope Grealish isn’t one of those, he would be mega for them.

jackal&hyde

We do imo.
You take Rashford or Bruno out? How do you see the team with him and the players we have? If Rashford was as good on the right as he is on the left I could see it but sadly that is not the case.

I rate him a lot but the other side of the pitch is in dire need right now and blowing so much money on a player where we already have options seems silly to me.

bsCallout

You take Rashford or Bruno out? How do you see the team with him and the players we have? If Rashford was as good on the right as he is on the left I could see it but sadly that is not the case.

I rate him a lot but the other side of the pitch is in dire need right now and blowing so much money on a player where we already have options seems silly to me.
Greenwood has been better on the right than Rashford on the left imo and he's improving more and more. We also have Amad who is very promising.

I'd take Grealish over Rashford on our left. I'd get rid of Martial and Pogba personally.

jackal&hyde

Greenwood has been better on the right than Rashford on the left imo and he's improving more and more. We also have Amad who is very promising.

I'd take Grealish over Rashford on our left. I'd get rid of Martial and Pogba personally.
And you enter the season with a 34/35 yo Cavani and Greenwood that had a handful of games centrally and was mediocre in some?

bsCallout

And you enter the season with a 34/35 yo Cavani and Greenwood that had a handful of games centrally and was mediocre in some?
Definitely. Cavani looks as fit as anyone. I dont think CF is priority. Between Grealish, Bruno, Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood I think we have a lot of goals in our team. Rashford, Greenwood, Cavani and Bruno can all play CF.

I'd much rather get a Grealish or Sancho. But because of the mentality I'd prefer Grealish.

Status
Not open for further replies.