Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highfather_24

In our current system, he is not a Pogba replacement as many suggest. He is Rashford's replacement. Pogba mostly played as a CM this season, with a few games on the wing. Our main LW was Rashford. Grealish cannot play CM. He will take up Rashford's spot.

So while we spend 80M of our limited money on a LW upgrade(and make no mistake, its an upgrade), positions like RW, CF, CM, CB, RB and arguably GK, remain unattended. I think we have far bigger priorities.

Grealish is a world class played imo. But it will not be a good buy. It would have been if we had unlimited money. We dont.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
In our current system, he is not a Pogba replacement as many suggest. He is Rashford's replacement. Pogba mostly played as a CM this season, with a few games on the wing. Our main LW was Rashford. Grealish cannot play CM. He will take up Rashford's spot.

So while we spend 80M of our limited money on a LW upgrade(and make no mistake, its an upgrade), positions like RW, CF, CM, CB, RB and arguably GK, remain unattended. I think we have far bigger priorities.

Grealish is a world class played imo. But it will not be a good buy. It would have been if we had unlimited money. We dont.
I personally think Ole is a manager that wants 2 types of player per each position.

For Left wing - he wants an inside forward (Rashford) & a creative LM player like we saw Pogba play this season (grealish).

RW - he has goalscorers inside forwards in Greenwood and Amad and possibly wants to add Sancho as our Creative RW (replacing mata)

Our ST - with no hesitation Ole wanted a striker like Haaland as soon as he arrived; a predatory striker competing with strikers that play more like deep lying forwards (martial and I hope VDB was bought to play as a shadow striker in the future)

CDM - we have energetic presser type player in Fred, box to box player in Mctominay- I can see him wanting to replace Matic because he is our only central core ball winning midfielder (Rice). Garner if good enough will be our deep lying playmaker.

Fullbacks - before improving this season I would have regarded AWB and Shaw as defensive minded fullbacks ; potentially competing with attacking minded fullbacks like Telles or potentially Trippier.

CB’s- there has been hints in the media that Ole wants a left footed ball playing LCB (Torres/ botman). We have 2 right ball playing defenders in Maguire and lindelof whilst we have a more robust defender in Bailly and Jones when fit.

You could even argue that our 2 Gks are different in style and benefits.

Grealish may not be what we need or benefit from the most right now - but it maybe a plan Ole wants to build up within a squad of various capabilities.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If City sign him and Kane, there will be no chance for any of us to chase up.

Edersen
Walker Dias Stones Cancelo
Gundogan Rodri
Foden De Bruyne Grealish
Kane

Subs: Jesus, Sterling, Mahrez, Torres, Silva, Fernandino, Laporte, Ake, Mendy, Zinchenko
This looks like a team that can dominate PL and Europe in the next few years. Can as well hand them the title at the start.

Last edited:

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Grealish to City for me would embody something I hate in current football.. Such great players ending up in the rotation being the 1/n at a club with money to buy a big squad.. He should just be the superstar and dominant player at a club where he will be the main man, a la Valeron for example.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
You mean where he's expected to do things on his own?
In a way yeh. Utd are kind of like a better version of Villa so it’s more in line with what he’s already been doing. City would probably be better with Sancho who is more used to a system and sticking to his role.

Red Star One

Edersen
Walker Dias Stones Cancelo
Gundogan Rodri
Foden De Bruyne Grealish
Kane

Subs: Jesus, Sterling, Mahrez, Torres, Silva, Fernandino, Laporte, Ake, Mendy, Zinchenko
This looks like a team that can dominate PL and Europe in the next few years. Can as well hand them the title at the start.
I honestly don’t think Grealish would elevate them as much to raise opinions about inevitable domination. They have similar quality players already and I don’t think he makes starting XI so easily. I’d be Mahrez-like impact, if you ask me.

nainaisson

The only way to stop City from becoming the Bayern Munich of the EPL is for the government to impose the 50+1 fan ownership model, which would force Abu Dhabi to drop the club and buy some French one, or to allow the Saudis to buy an EPL club and give City some competition.

Hulksmash

The only way to stop City from becoming the Bayern Munich of the EPL is for the government to impose the 50+1 fan ownership model, which would force Abu Dhabi to drop the club and buy some French one, or to allow the Saudis to buy an EPL club and give City some competition.
Saudis wanted to buy Newcastle but Big six stopped it.

City is only dominating because of Pep , as soon as pep is gone everything will be back to normal

City is only dominating because of Pep , as soon as pep is gone everything will be back to normal
God you can’t honestly believe that? when Pep leaves you can bet your arse City will have tapped up the next big manager.
City are dominant due to a bottomless pit of money.

I tear my hair out at how many are ignorant to this, City are nothing like an ordinary club.

They haven’t spent all these billions and planned for Pep years before his arrival, employing all his best buddies to just get complacent when it’s time for him to leave.

Last edited:

georgipep

His family were involved in Bury for a long while. I don’t think he’s disingenuous in the slightest.

You are not seriously advocating the implementation of the Super League?
Where in my message did you read anything advocating the Super League? And because his family were involved in Bury doesn't mean anything. His brother is working in the super traditional, rooted in the local society club of Inter Miami. So?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I honestly don’t think Grealish would elevate them as much to raise opinions about inevitable domination. They have similar quality players already and I don’t think he makes starting XI so easily. I’d be Mahrez-like impact, if you ask me.
Personally I think Grealish will be competing for the Balon d'or once he gets to a top club. He's that good.

With Mahrez there was always the question of whether his Leicester season was a one-off and he'd otherwise be a good but not great player (and that's what seems to have happened), but Grealish brings the mentality to go with the ability to go all the way.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Where in my message did you read anything advocating the Super League? And because his family were involved in Bury doesn't mean anything. His brother is working in the super traditional, rooted in the local society club of Inter Miami. So?
What’s his brother got to do with it? Irrelevant

Your point was that somehow he’s sold out and self aggrandising. I don’t think that in the slightest.

KennyBurner

I feel extremely sick. We just can’t catch a break with these oil clubs. A player like grealish at city is bad for the PL.

georgipep

What’s his brother got to do with it? Irrelevant

Your point was that somehow he’s sold out and self aggrandising. I don’t think that in the slightest.
What's his family got to do with it then?

His professional career after retiring as a footballer has many examples of his priorities and proves that he has, in fact, sold out.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If I'm not mistaken, the Saudi takeover of Newcastle was blocked due to piracy in the country. It seems like the Saudis are attempting to fix that, if the below tweet is anything to go by.

NYAS

This thread is a low point for CuckCafe.

Everyone managing to circle jerk for 6 pages into a pool of tears based on a report from the Daily fecking Mail that City “want” Grealish.

If it was about us signing him, you’d all be looking so hard for reasons why the info isn’t credible, why it wouldn’t happen, etc.

Honestly, pull yourselves together, it’s embarrassing.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Say this does happen and sterling becomes available - which club do people see him at?

Arsenal like some of the news says?

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
So you want to stop a club becoming as dominant as Bayern by imposing the 50/1 system that they have in the Bundesliga?

The same system that's kept Bayern dominant for the last 40 years and increasingly more dominant for the last decade is what you suggest as a means of stopping a PL team from becoming that successful?

If you were fishing for a stunned / wtf response then you caught me mate(!), if it was written in error but you now realise what you wrote then you should seek out the delete button pronto, but if it was a serious suggestion then there's no hope.

Reactions: Fortitude

croadyman

Utd players need to get themselves to that England camp and speak to Jack before the City ones arrive, they are supposed to rave about him to Ole so make sure you put in the groundwork whilst you have the opportunity

Last edited:

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

Grealish would take us up another level like Bruno did, he's consistently brilliant.

I think he's England's best player and certainly one of the best in the league with KDB and Fernandes.

Rashford can cover Grealish on the left and Grealish can cover Bruno when needed in the middle.

croadyman

Grealish would take us up another level like Bruno did, he's consistently brilliant.

I think he's England's best player and certainly one of the best in the league with KDB and Fernandes.

Rashford can cover Grealish on the left and Grealish can cover Bruno when needed in the middle.
Yeah absolutely spot on but Utd can't see that unfortunately

Judas

Open to offers
We’ve been priced out of Grealish, it seems pretty clear we were interested at one point, so I’m sure he’s appreciated and admired by the club.

Varun

Staff

I agree. Unfortunately, we just have other priority areas that need fixing more so I don't see it happening especially given the price.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
City aim to strengthen at any viable opportunity. Their plans are not changing based on results.
Well, it's not like they have any more levels to go anyway. Luckily you can only field 11 players.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
So you want to stop a club becoming as dominant as Bayern by imposing the 50/1 system that they have in the Bundesliga?

The same system that's kept Bayern dominant for the last 40 years and increasingly more dominant for the last decade is what you suggest as a means of stopping a PL team from becoming that successful?

If you were fishing for a stunned / wtf response then you caught me mate(!), if it was written in error but you now realise what you wrote then you should seek out the delete button pronto, but if it was a serious suggestion then there's no hope.
In fairness, he just wants to stop City from being the Bayern of the Prem

Godfather

I know! I didn't rate him for quite a time actually without having seen too much of him mind. He was damn good against us though and that game was it that completely changed my mind on him. Still think he is a bit of a pansie with his low socks but I was simply wrong about his qualities back then.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I take it as a given that United will buy Sancho and that we aren't looking to splurge on a striker this season.

Would I sell Pogba to get Graelish? Interesting question.
Why would you be so sure?!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A year and a half ago I was worried about Liverpool the same way people here are about City. Things change quite quickly in the game. At the moment City are way out in front, but I don't expect them to be serial CL winners in the next few years, and if this club starts showing an ounce of ambition we should be able to build a great team.
A few people last night were adamant City will have more Euro cups than us by the end of the decade!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Best time to strengthen is when you’re on top. SAF always managed to do that
Never quite understood that mantra.

It's always good to strengthen, but surely the actual best time to strengthen is when you need a sh!ttonne of it. Like now!

Status
Not open for further replies.