Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
And why will Grealish want to join the second best team in the league with a HISTORY but no signficant honours for almost 10 years over a club that can guarantee him a big one (PL or CL) every year over the next few years, its a no- brainer, who amongst us would want to join a club that has parasitic owners, a wannabe manager and an old creaking steadium and outdated training facilities?
How are you a Utd fan with this much self loathing for the club :lol: so strange.

croadyman

How much do people think he'd cost. Could Villa perhaps be interested in a bit of Lingardinho magic?
Think you are looking at a very similar figure to Sancho probably a little bit more, what about Axel who would definitely benefit from playing regularly again and did really well at Villa when on loan there a couple of years ago

croadyman

Very true. He is the signing of a lifetime. Bruno is good but Grealish will be even better, if we get him.
Would be so interesting to see which route Utd would have took IF Jack had actually played on the RW

Dante

Average bang
Grealish won't be sold until after the Euros. And his price will be determined by his performances in the competition. Could be anything from £70m to £120m.

croadyman

Grealish won't be sold until after the Euros. And his price will be determined by his performances in the competition. Could be anything from £70m to £120m.
Yeah a Gazza like Euro 96 and his price would definitely go through the £100m mark

Offsideagain

£100m for Grealish is too much for City after they buy Kane. Saint Guardiola stated they cannot spend more than £100m this window but then that usually means a published £100m with the rest into a Swiss account job. They can’t buy Kane and Grealish without breaking FFP but then it hasn’t stopped them before. Where would Grealish play? Who would he replace? I would love him at OT.

hubbuh

And why will Grealish want to join the second best team in the league with a HISTORY but no signficant honours for almost 10 years over a club that can guarantee him a big one (PL or CL) every year over the next few years, its a no- brainer, who amongst us would want to join a club that has parasitic owners, a wannabe manager and an old creaking steadium and outdated training facilities?
Bugger off Bertie

SATA

Will he even be in the England squad for the euros? Southgate doesn’t really fancy him and likes Mount and even Foden as his number 10s

Nero

Made this thread two years ago because of such drivel.
Reading the replies in there just proves it. Every single season without fail people start losing their shit about how they are gonna win the lot.

They never learn either. Next February they'll all be back again spouting the same shite.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Reading the replies in there just proves it. Every single season without fail people start losing their shit about how they are gonna win the lot.

They never learn either. Next February they'll all be back again spouting the same shite.
Yep. It's a curious phenomenon. Will remain in place until Pep leaves, I guess.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Every summer the same meltdown about city's targets. The same collective anxiety about how far we'll fall behind.

There's no point obsessing over city's transfer business. We can't stop them buying top players and shouldn't change our own transfer plans just to gazump them.

If we're finally a functional club we'll have a list of targets and will stick to those targets regardless of what happens elsewhere.

Thank feck some of you don't get to decide who we approach. We'd just spend all summer reacting to rumours.

SER19

Every summer the same meltdown about city's targets. The same collective anxiety about how far we'll fall behind.

There's no point obsessing over city's transfer business. We can't stop them buying top players and shouldn't change our own transfer plans just to gazump them.

If we're finally a functional club we'll have a list of targets and will stick to those targets regardless of what happens elsewhere.

Thank feck some of you don't get to decide who we approach. We'd just spend all summer reacting to rumours.
Absolutely. They are what they are. Last year nobody thought Liverpool would fall away as they have and if we had looked after our own business better we should have been right up around the title. Likewise this summer, fix the problems in our team and start the season properly

SER19

£100m for Grealish is too much for City after they buy Kane. Saint Guardiola stated they cannot spend more than £100m this window but then that usually means a published £100m with the rest into a Swiss account job. They can’t buy Kane and Grealish without breaking FFP but then it hasn’t stopped them before. Where would Grealish play? Who would he replace? I would love him at OT.
Hed work here for sure, but only if pogba left i think. Playing off the left but considering we need sancho i think it's a signing too far. Arguably pogba martial and one of de gea or Henderson out could make both feasible but extremely unlikely

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Absolutely. They are what they are. Last year nobody thought Liverpool would fall away as they have and if we had looked after our own business better we should have been right up around the title. Likewise this summer, fix the problems in our team and start the season properly
Exactly. Let's just focus on what our side needs most and hope it's enough to close the gap. Us doing that and them having an off-season is just about the best we can hope for right now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Any reason you bothered signing up to a forum about the second best team in the league with no significant honours etc etc, when you could have headed over to City's forum instead?

croadyman

Hed work here for sure, but only if pogba left i think. Playing off the left but considering we need sancho i think it's a signing too far. Arguably pogba martial and one of de gea or Henderson out could make both feasible but extremely unlikely
Yeah only becomes remotely possible IF Pogba leaves otherwise absolutely certain it's a no go

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Guaranteed CL :lol: :lol: :lol:

wise_old_man

How are you a Utd fan with this much self loathing for the club :lol: so strange.
He does have a point though. I tried discussing the Grealish transfer with friends who are not United fans. They all look at it from "How fearsome Grealish can be under Pep Guardiola" perspective, while thinking Grealish will join Bruno as the list of players wasting their prime years with no trophy if he joined us. Not to mention Grealish is most dangerous on the left, and we all know Rashford is undroppable under Ole.

Scholsey2004

Theres talk of Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus and Laporte being available so they could conceivably make a few good sized sales.

Commentary

Well media reports are stating he doesn't want to go to United now anyways with city knocking on his door.

I really can't blame him, I'd go to City to.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Where would he play ? Even if they want to sell players, who would buy Sterling or Mahrez with their wages they are on (forget about the transfer fees)

They can dump Jesus or Silva to the Italian league for less money but that wouldn't guarantee Grealish the game time he needs.

Despite all the quality they have, they can only field 11 players and they already have a brilliant 11. So whoever joins them has to be okay with a squad role.

Judas

Open to offers
I really struggle to think where Sterling would go. Would he take the step down to a Leicester? He'd do well in Serie A, but the wages would be impossible for that lot.

croadyman

Where would he play ? Even if they want to sell players, who would buy Sterling or Mahrez with their wages they are on (forget about the transfer fees)

They can dump Jesus or Silva to the Italian league for less money but that wouldn't guarantee Grealish the game time he needs.

Despite all the quality they have, they can only field 11 players and they already have a brilliant 11. So whoever joins them has to be okay with a squad role.
Yeah they would all be looking at serious wage cuts if they wanted to leave but particularly someone like Sterling

TheLord

There's absolutely no better fit for United than Jack Grealish at the moment, both short- and long-term.
He should be the numero uno priority.

Bwuk

There's absolutely no better fit for United than Jack Grealish at the moment, both short- and long-term.
He should be the numero uno priority.
Agreed. We'd bang goals in with this.

Cavani
Grealish - Bruno - Greenwood​

Judas

Open to offers
Would never happen, unfortunately. Rashford has the keys to Old Trafford.
It is baffling that such a promising, talented, local lad, who is delivering season after season, including this one through clear injury is seen as a big part of Manchester United's future. Very very suspicious.

macheda14

The only way I could see him coming to OT is if this summer we do continue with signing Sancho, a CB and a CDM and next season Pogba ends up leaving on a free (which I think is true most likely occurrence, no ones paying for him). If City miss out on Jack this summer and we have the space / wages from Pogba’s departure and have shown some real progression then who knows?

Our line up in two seasons:

rashford - Greenwood - Sancho
Bruno-Grealish
CDM

We may also have our own Grealish in Mejbri.

BFernandes

It is baffling that such a promising, talented, local lad, who is delivering season after season, including this one through clear injury is seen as a big part of Manchester United's future. Very very suspicious.
Looking at his contribution purely from a stats and numbers perspective is lazy.

Look at his performances. Repeatedly choosing the wrong option, attempting to take on 3/4 players at a time, not tracking back etc. His overall play has regressed.

He's an athlete turned footballer.

croadyman

The only way I could see him coming to OT is if this summer we do continue with signing Sancho, a CB and a CDM and next season Pogba ends up leaving on a free (which I think is true most likely occurrence, no ones paying for him). If City miss out on Jack this summer and we have the space / wages from Pogba’s departure and have shown some real progression then who knows?

Bruno-Grealish
CDM

Yeah City would have to miss out on him this summer and gut feeling is that won't happen

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

Bruno-Grealish
CDM

Certainly looks that way when he plays in the U23's, he carries the ball and wins fouls in a very similar manner. Hopefully he can step up and make it, we should still sign Grealish regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.