Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Peril

Maybe I’m wrong but struggle to see him in a Pep team, everyone gets drilled and not always with completely success, see what’s happened to Bernardo Silva. Grealish wants freedom to go where he wants with the play going through him. He’s a United player.
Who are United-players under this manager though? If I were a top attacking player, I’d get huge reservations when seeing our attacking game and patterns. So many games without any form or plan, just good players solving the situation on adrenaline after going a goal down. So incredibly seldom do we score first and win a game based on clear tacticts from the get-go. This team under this manager, has got absolutely nothing to do with the United-way under Sir Alex. That being said, a player signing tomorrow can be here for ten years and Solskjær sure as shit will not.

dal

From Ogdens article on City’s interest: «Guardiola believes that the addition of Grealish could give his team the extra quality required to finally win the Champions League next season»

I mean come on...

Most pampered manager of all time. If Ole had lost a CL final with that squad he would be hounded back to Norway, but Pep somehow convinces the owners the quality he has already isnt good enough...

That’s got to be bollocks. Pep would know it takes a huge amount of luck to win a cup. If he said that to his board surely they’d point to city having superior quality to Chelsea.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
He's doing a reverse Coutinho. Stayed when he could and probably should have left and is now starting to see the project at his hometown club blossom.

Villa are a team I'd definitely keep my eye on for next season, vis-a-vis the European places. Though I think Newcastle, if that court case goes the way of the Saudis (which I am expecting unfortunately), might put a spanner in the works for Villa's plans.
It'd be like the late 2000's and Man City all over again :lol:

They were pretty much the biggest reason we spiraled and fell out of the league. Our owner couldn't compete and just said sod it and pulled the plug.

rotherham_red

It'd be like the late 2000's and Man City all over again :lol:

They were pretty much the biggest reason we spiraled and fell out of the league. Our owner couldn't compete and just said sod it and pulled the plug.
Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself!

Think Spurs and Arsenal need to be very, very careful what they do with their next moves cos one or two more good ones from you and Leicester and it could be a proper momentum shift.

Pep's Suit

Sounds like Sterling and Bernardo could move this summer and Mahrez maybe next year. If Grealish joins City he'll be a regular.

MinGin

There is no reason at all why we couldn’t play this and make it work.

————————Greenwood———————
Rashford—-Grealish——Bruno——Sancho
——————————-Fred—————————

It just needs the right coaching, if our coaches can’t get it to work then we can play 2 in midfield but it still gives us a load of options.

Rashford, Sancho, Fred, Bruno they all work very hard, Grealish can aswell. It’s not like Silva, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Aguero worked as hard as they did until Pep came in.
If the front 5 are formed like this, you need a world class DM player like Makelele or Kante at the back who can destroy every players in everywhere instead of Fred. Also, Grealish and Sancho will cost us at least 200M which is seemed impossible at this moment.

dal

If the front 5 are formed like this, you need a world class DM player like Makelele or Kante at the back who can destroy every players in everywhere instead of Fred. Also, Grealish and Sancho will cost us at least 200M which is seemed impossible at this moment.
If it was down to me I would only play that way if we were chasing games rather than accommodate them all, some games it would work though.

I do agree with you my, dreams of Jack in the team are most likely over.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Amusing. He would instantly become Chelsea’s best attacking player by some margin, and on top of that you get some flair and artistry that your dull team so desperately needs. A Hazard-replacement so to speak. That’s harsh for the Champions League-winner naturally, but my god is Chelsea boring to watch these days and that win was never about attacking football.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You seem to rate him. Good on you.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Rodri is pretty good.

Jesus,
Grealish, Foden, Mahrez
Rodri, KDB
Mendy, Stones, Dias, Cancelo
Meh, not an improvement on what they have rbh. Jesus isn't good enough to he a starter and Mendy is mediocre as well, never understand why people rate him when he basically hasn't played in 3 years now?

You need some goalscorers there. All the creators is the world are pointless if you don't have scorers. Likewise all the scorers are pointless without creators. United and City pretty much opposite problems. It's why I don't like Rashford and Greenwood on opposite wings, and don't want Sancho and Grealish on opposite wings. Give me one inside forward and one creator, with a top quality #9, and an all round #10 who can do it all like Bruno. So you have goalscoring from 2 of the front 3, creativity from one of your 2 deeper midfielders and 1 of the front 3 and then a 50/50 split from your #10. Otherwise you just funnel everything to your #9, and in that case, you need a #9 like Robert Lewandowski or a goalscorer like Ronaldo.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Easy.

Rashford-Cavani
Grealish-Pogba-Bruno-Sancho
Ah yes. The Harakiri lineup, when from time to time Ole may decide its time to just gut ourselves and let the opponents run through us.

Pep's Suit

Looks like it's going to be Gundogan to Bayern and Grealish to Citeh. Not good for us anyways.
Don't know about Bayern but he's linked with Barca. Just like Laporte. Sterling and Mahrez... after they signed free agents and couldn't even afford Wijnaldum in the end... which makes me think it's Barca leaking names. I think Gundogan and Mahrez will stay this season, with Laporte and Sterling it depends if any club will offer enough (£70-80m each) but I can see Bernardo go to a team where he's the main AM but again he's worth something (£60-65m) so if Atleti want him they have to pay.

jesperjaap

Grealish improves any side that signs him for me. I think he has always been a very good player, remember us lunked with him when he firts broke through years ago before they got relegated. The time in the championship kind of took him out of the limelight.

But last summer all I heard was where would he play if we signed him, he has the wrong attitude for England that is why Southgate doesnt pick him and he wouldnt get in the side anyway.....for me he would be one of hte first names on the sheet for England and he would start for us too. Seriously made an error last summer not shelling out for him and signing VDB instead.

I think apart from his obvious unique talent carrying the ball, the big thing for me is his versatility. He could replace several players in our side within the squad linked with sales....Pogba, VDB, lingard, Periera for example and also the same for CIty, though I think with City is would be a bit strange Sterling and SIlva for example have been very good. Although he has annoying hair and an annoying face and the press stuff hardly paints a great picture, I like him, think he deserves all the plaudits he is getting at the moment, would still sign him over Sancho personally

croadyman

Grealish improves any side that signs him for me. I think he has always been a very good player, remember us lunked with him when he firts broke through years ago before they got relegated. The time in the championship kind of took him out of the limelight.

But last summer all I heard was where would he play if we signed him, he has the wrong attitude for England that is why Southgate doesnt pick him and he wouldnt get in the side anyway.....for me he would be one of hte first names on the sheet for England and he would start for us too. Seriously made an error last summer not shelling out for him and signing VDB instead.

I think apart from his obvious unique talent carrying the ball, the big thing for me is his versatility. He could replace several players in our side within the squad linked with sales....Pogba, VDB, lingard, Periera for example and also the same for CIty, though I think with City is would be a bit strange Sterling and SIlva for example have been very good. Although he has annoying hair and an annoying face and the press stuff hardly paints a great picture, I like him, think he deserves all the plaudits he is getting at the moment, would still sign him over Sancho personally
Personally think he should be our top attacking target and match whatever City offer for him

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Grealish to City is a very SAF signing. Win the league, go get the best non-top 4 player in the league. Repeat.

Do City need a technical, nippy attacking forward? Of course not. But Pep can't help himself.

What I find funny is that the two times I genuinely saw City struggle last season, when the going got tough it was long balls from the keeper to Sterling that was the most likely source of a chance. Taking the one actual pacy player out to augment with yet another Silva clone just feels a bit much. But Pep gonna Pep.

croadyman

Grealish to City is a very SAF signing. Win the league, go get the best non-top 4 player in the league. Repeat.

Do City need a technical, nippy attacking forward? Of course not. But Pep can't help himself.

What I find funny is that the two times I genuinely saw City struggle last season, when the going got tough it was long balls from the keeper to Sterling that was the most likely source of a chance. Taking the one actual pacy player out to augment with yet another Silva clone just feels a bit much. But Pep gonna Pep.
Feel like there is a possibility that the links to him could come back but only IF pogba leaves

croadyman

Despite not having played there since his days at Notts County I reckon he is capable of playing on that RW, convinced if we had seen more evidence of it at Villa then he would be our top target this summer over Sancho

jesperjaap

Personally think he should be our top attacking target and match whatever City offer for him
I agree. As good as Sancho is, his skill set does seem similar to some of the youngsters who are obviously behind in terms of development thatn him, Grealish adds somethig totally different. Who is to say he cant play on the right either? Sancho aftger all when I have watched him looks naturally better on the left than right to me and Grealish isnt all about cutting inside and shooting which seems to be the big thing with a lot of these wingers that are different footed to there wing.

If he plays and England do well in the Euros, his price goes up, he is potentially I feel one of the major stars of the tournament as not sure how well known his is on the continent really?

Threesus

Would be a sight to see Grealish under the best coach of this era. Why would he waste his prime under Ole?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I agree. As good as Sancho is, his skill set does seem similar to some of the youngsters who are obviously behind in terms of development thatn him, Grealish adds somethig totally different. Who is to say he cant play on the right either? Sancho aftger all when I have watched him looks naturally better on the left than right to me and Grealish isnt all about cutting inside and shooting which seems to be the big thing with a lot of these wingers that are different footed to there wing.

If he plays and England do well in the Euros, his price goes up, he is potentially I feel one of the major stars of the tournament as not sure how well known his is on the continent really?
Sancho is undoubtedly one of the best combination players in world football; we have nothing like that here.

The argument to present is whether we will do anything to facillitate what he thrives at or will we just dump him in the team and expect him to do wonders. You put a competent right flank together who can give and receive the ball, pass and then move and give him outlets and options and you are talking about an entirely different player to if you don't.

People look at England and assess Sancho from that where he's given nobody to play off of or be in sync with and is expected to defer to seniors in ways he shouldn't have to if used correctly.

This was all covered in the Dembele thread, though; if you want some solo maverick who takes defences to pieces by himself, Sancho's not your man, but I'd hope we have a plan in place should we land the player otherwise we'll be wasting a good percentage of what he is about.

Grealish is certainly a player who has it about him to elevate any team, but he would still need to be used correctly otherwise there's exploits for the other team.

roseguy64

Despite not having played there since his days at Notts County I reckon he is capable of playing on that RW, convinced if we had seen more evidence of it at Villa then he would be our top target this summer over Sancho
Well you can't buy a player on that basis.

croadyman

Well you can't buy a player on that basis.
I think another reason why I would go for him is because I was gutted when we never got Gazza and see some similarities, admittedly that deal looked a certainty until Spurs offered to buy his folks a house and sadly we ended up losing out. I really wouldn't want that sort of thing to happen again so believe we should rival City for a player so worth it.

yamo123x

Would be a sight to see Grealish under the best coach of this era. Why would he waste his prime under Ole?
Hate to agree with this, but youre right.
That said Jack has dropped enough hints that he wants to come to us...its whether we can afford him....

BarstoolProphet

That said Jack has dropped enough hints that he wants to come to us...its whether we can afford him....

Tbh he's dropping hints to every club in the PL. How many times hasnt he said that his weekly opponent's stadium is his favourite? I think he just enjoys the attention and to tease every fanbase in England.

MUFC OK

We're walking into the truly embarrassing prospect of losing Pogba on a free next year (a player worth at least £80m). Therefore, once the euros are finished we make PP a final offer to renew, if he rejects we need to move hell and earth to sign Grealish. I'd take the £40-50m for pogba if at all possible and failing that I'd do the swap with Madrid for Varane.

Of course we are utterly incompetent and Raiola will inevitably have the last laugh as he always does. I do not want a Pogba saga distracting us for the entirety of next season.

edit: there's no way on gods green earth that he signs for Arsenal but let their fans think that.

tomaldinho1

I think the reality is he's getting a step up wherever he goes, no disrespect to Villa, but if he's offered the same terms across the current top 4, any player without some bias (like he grew up supporting United for example) is going to City or Chelsea over us at this moment in time sadly.

redrobed

This absolutely will not happen.

Those playing abroad who’ve held a dream of playing in the Premier League and see the dollar signs will sell their soul to join an equally soulless club.

Players like Grealish will have grown up seeing us going about things the right way, winning things, not buying them, and almost undoubtedly will have been a Utd fan.

I think if we’re not in for him (knowing the Glazers we won’t be) he’ll likely just stay at Villa until we are.

Reactions: Sultan

croadyman

This absolutely will not happen.

Those playing abroad who’ve held a dream of playing in the Premier League and see the dollar signs will sell their soul to join an equally soulless club.

Players like Grealish will have grown up seeing us going about things the right way, winning things, not buying them, and almost undoubtedly will have been a Utd fan.

I think if we’re not in for him (knowing the Glazers we won’t be) he’ll likely just stay at Villa until we are.
God how I would love that to be true but fear he moves to City after the euros

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
It doesn't work like that unless you are wearing rose-tinted glasses, the likes of Kane who is captain of England is begging to jump ship to City. Walker, Stones, Sterling who were stars of their team moved without hestitation. Grealish strikes me as a player with great ambition, he's 25 now so he really can't wait that much longer. If there's a club that is ready to match that ambition and try to sign him then he'll move, and that's most likely City.

Status
Not open for further replies.