Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pep's Suit

I think it's only Grealish or no signings this summer for City. Unless it's true that Inter want Mendy then a new left-back will be signed but that won't really improve them much.

croadyman

Would love nothing more than him to stay another season and sign for us next summer but don't see it

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I am looking forward to see how he performs at a much higher level. Pep will not stand for him hugging the ball.
Yeah I’m intrigued. He clearly wasn’t given much of a platform to perform for England, but I was surprised to see him play pretty much exactly like he did for Villa. I guess it takes a while to step away from that self-perception as a one-man team, but I’m a lot less sure he’ll be able to transition to just being another cog in the wheel than I was just a few months ago. I thought he was a sure thing but it’s now more of a calculated risk.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Grealish will suit Pep to a tee. Before moving back to an attacking position because Villa's forwards were failing to adjust to the PL, he was a fantastic central midfielder. He absolutely mastered those pre-assists of playing a perfect through ball to a fb; putting them in the perfect position to make a cross/cut back.

Nogbadthebad

Villa have released their new kit in the last 24 hours, with Grealish as the star man wearing it.

Like Pogba with us, that doesn't happen if there is even a chance of the player leaving.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Villa have released their new kit in the last 24 hours, with Grealish as the star man wearing it.

Like Pogba with us, that doesn't happen if there is even a chance of the player leaving.
Don't you remember that Villa player who was captain for them, giving it loads, starring in the kits, saying he was definitely staying...
then a couple of weeks signing for City?

Genuinely can't remember his name, average player, centre mid, barely played for City and occasionally popped up at left back.

The One and Only

Don't you remember that Villa player who was captain for them, giving it loads, starring in the kits, saying he was definitely staying...

Genuinely can't remember his name, average player, centre mid, barely played for City and occasionally popped up at left back.
Fabian Delph?

b20times

These kit launch promos probably got done pre Euros.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
“balance books”. :lol:
They need to for FFP, and also need to offload players to make room for new signings. They can only register 25 players. Also Man City has lots of young players on loan they can sell to generate income.

Eternitiy

We mustn't allow City to sign him. He will flourish under Guardiola, becoming one of the most feared players in world football.

Teja

Eh. Hoping he doesn't do well at City. Not a pass and move type player. All the ball carrying types get that knocked out of them by Pep anyway.

SinNombre

I am looking forward to see how he performs at a much higher level. Pep will not stand for him hugging the ball.
I think the hype will finally die out.

A ball hogger who doesn’t release the ball quickly in a Pep squad ehh

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I think the hype will finally die out.

A ball hogger who doesn’t release the ball quickly in a Pep squad ehh
If anything to improve grealish it's that habit of pass and move. Yes he will beat a man 90 out of 100 times with his dribbling skill but not three or four players. He often get fouled or lose possession by being grealish. Pep will make him more of a team player if ever signed for him.

If grealish improved pass and move game he will be able to impact more games as a decisive player. He can get space and time on the ball, able to isolate last part of defense where he can use his dribbling ability as decisive weapon to impact the results such as buy penalty,create or score goals.

The United

He doesn't suit Pep and that city team.

He doesn't suit us right now either. We have a ball hogger in Pogba who is not as bad. Their work rate and attitude on the pitch seem similar. If we can't get Pogba play at his best, this guy probably would not either.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

False

MDFC Manager

The hyperbole surrounding this guy is getting nauseous. Best player in the league for some :houllier:

James Peril

Eh. Hoping he doesn't do well at City. Not a pass and move type player. All the ball carrying types get that knocked out of them by Pep anyway.
So wrong, so naive. The best player adapt if they have to, no player hugs the ball too long if the perfect option is available. Imagine de Bruyne at Villa all of a sudden, don’t you think he would stop and seek options more than what he is doing now? Of course he would. Besides, it’s not like City win every game 5-0 and find life easy, there are lots of games with little space and low blocks, this is where Grealish comes in handy as he escapes defenders with ease and picks the perfectly weighted pass. Him and de Bruyne in the same team, if they work perfectly, is a scary thought.

Castia

The hyperbole surrounding this guy is getting nauseous. Best player in the league for some :houllier:
Yup its crazy.

Decent player nothing more. His main attribute seems to be winning fouls, you need more than that at the top level, tbh I’ve not really seen the hype with Grealish.

KennyBurner

Grealish will suit Pep to a tee. Before moving back to an attacking position because Villa's forwards were failing to adjust to the PL, he was a fantastic central midfielder. He absolutely mastered those pre-assists of playing a perfect through ball to a fb; putting them in the perfect position to make a cross/cut back.
Pep will destroy him unless he is given a free role. He loves to run with the ball and hog it but I doubt pep likes that from his midfielders.

Idxomer

Yup its crazy.

Decent player nothing more. His main attribute seems to be winning fouls, you need more than that at the top level, tbh I’ve not really seen the hype with Grealish.
His main attribute is his decision making and ability to create chances consistently.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
For me, raises questions about his mentality. I know in life being happy is the most important thing but I would have thought a player with his ability would be eager to test himself at the very highest level. This might be his only opportunity to.move to a big club in his career. Not many teams are going to offer £100m for him.
He'll soon be 26 and has yet to play a European game.

Status
Not open for further replies.