Television Great British Bake Off | 11th March: Matt Lucas announced as new host

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Last thread was from 2014, perhaps that is a telling, but I wanted to make one this year because I'm enjoying it and wanted to know if anyone else was.

Bit late in the game as there's now 6 people left.

John: Big guy, great shirts, lovely personality
Briony: Gammy hand, very mumsy (actually quite cute), good laugh
Ruby: Hot, bit annoying at times, good banter
Kimjoy: Nice, loves Japanese things being 50% japanese.
Rahul: Awesome baker, cannot take compliments and thinks he's terrible
Manon: French, amazing accent, attractive, good baker generally.

Noel and Sandy have been quite good as well. Overall, enjoying it personally. Anyone else?

buchansleftleg

Given the production companies links to publishing and media companies there are some simple rules with bake off

Who would look best / most interesting on a cook book cover - They will win series and maybe become TV chef if really popular

Who was a quirky character that is attractive to a sector of the Youth market - They may get some Media work - will get into Final even if they don't deserve it.

The one the mums love...will not win even though everyone thinks they will (sorry Rahul - see Liam!)

Coxy

Yep Ruby for me too (she's also a United fan!).

Enjoying the series - but I do miss the guys from BBC1. Noel is good though - I'd just get rid of the lady (Sandy?)

Un4givableB

Seems to be on when United are playing, because l find myself thinking l'd rather be watching Bake off than this sh*te. :(

Oggmonster

Last thread was from 2014, perhaps that is a telling, but I wanted to make one this year because I'm enjoying it and wanted to know if anyone else was.

Bit late in the game as there's now 6 people left.

John: Big guy, great shirts, lovely personality
Briony: Gammy hand, very mumsy (actually quite cute), good laugh
Ruby: Hot, bit annoying at times, good banter
Kimjoy: Nice, loves Japanese things being 50% japanese.
Rahul: Awesome baker, cannot take compliments and thinks he's terrible
Manon: French, amazing accent, attractive, good baker generally.

Noel and Sandy have been quite good as well. Overall, enjoying it personally. Anyone else?
He's proper fake. Like one of them people at school/uni etc who asks you how you're getting on with work and when you've not started it they'd say "yeah same" and it turns out they've pretty much finished it. He knows he's good just plays dumb every time. He'll win it easily though a male hasn't won it in years either so they may have that in mind.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
He's proper fake. Like one of them people at school/uni etc who asks you how you're getting on with work and when you've not started it they'd say "yeah same" and it turns out they've pretty much finished it. He knows he's good just plays dumb every time. He'll win it easily though a male hasn't won it in years either so they may have that in mind.
I'm just catching up on Vegan week now. Jesus he's really starting to irritate me.

'Just counting down my last days'. Clearly just begging for the praise, then even when it does come he frowns and is just awkward. feck off mate. Your analogy is spot on, hated those folk.

I want Manon or Briony to win.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Pretty bullshit if you ask me. Think they got rid of Manon because he's been better in previous weeks which is something they say they don't do.
Eh? They literally say every year they take it into consideration...

That was a bollocks decision.
Nah, there was nothing between them really. Raoul's first task was really crap, but Manon didn't even make the right thing... so about even, then in the technical they came 4th and 5th, so Manon was slightly ahead... but then she did a worse (or at least just as bad) showstopper...

So yeah, hardly a "bollocks" decision.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Eh? They literally say every year they take it into consideration...
They say they don't. That's the whole point of the show, every week is a clean slate...

Raoul burnt every task, made bread that Paul wouldn't even eat and came last in the technical. :lol:

Manon didn't deserve to go based on this week. I did laugh very, very hard when Paul complained that Manon was making everything too French then criticized her for using Danish butter and not French butter. What a prick.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
They say they don't. That's the whole point of the show, every week is a clean slate...

Raoul burnt every task, made bread that Paul wouldn't even eat and came last in the technical. :lol:

Manon didn't deserve to go based on this week. I did laugh very, very hard when Paul complained that Manon was making everything too French then criticized her for using Danish butter and not French butter. What a prick.
Every single year - after around half way, Paul at some stage will say something like "and a this point we have to take into consideration how they've done throughout the series" (although he hasn't said it this year as yet)

Manon came 2nd last in technical and made the completely wrong thing in task one.

I mean whats worse, if you ask someone to make you a cake and they burn the thing, or they make you a bookcase instead? It's much a muchness really... I mean you can argue that she didn't have a worse week, but she still had a really bad one, so yeah, in no way is it a crazy decision.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Every single year - after around half way, Paul at some stage will say something like "and a this point we have to take into consideration how they've done throughout the series" (although he hasn't said it this year as yet)

Manon came 2nd last in technical and made the completely wrong thing in task one.

I mean whats worse, if you ask someone to make you a cake and they burn the thing, or they make you a bookcase instead? It's much a muchness really... I mean you can argue that she didn't have a worse week, but she still had a really bad one, so yeah, in no way is it a crazy decision.
She still made Rye bread. I just think it's a bit shit that they always applaud people doing different things and being inventive and then Pauls like "nah this stuff is all too French". It's just a bit daft really. Just be honest enough and say that he was a better baker over the course of the show. That's all they need to say but instead they frame it in a way of attacking people because their star student is having a terrible week. Just makes a mockery really of the show when they invent reasons to attack others. There's been plenty of examples this season alone of the bakers taking an idea and putting their own spin on it.

But when you get to this stage of the show, if you're making inedible bread and burnt every task then in no way should you survive no matter who you are. Dan didn't get that privilege last week and he was one of the better ones.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Gutted Manon has gone. Rahul is really annoying me. It's quite clear he's on the spectrum but my god he's not at all likeable, just this awkward guy who's showstoppers all look the same - massive shards of chocolate sticking out of them (excluding danish week).

Literally want anyone but him to win, I'm all for Briony now.

Miserable one he is. He wouldn't get that reference though.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
She still made Rye bread. I just think it's a bit shit that they always applaud people doing different things and being inventive and then Pauls like "nah this stuff is all too French". It's just a bit daft really. Just be honest enough and say that he was a better baker over the course of the show. That's all they need to say but instead they frame it in a way of attacking people because their star student is having a terrible week. Just makes a mockery really of the show when they invent reasons to attack others. There's been plenty of examples this season alone of the bakers taking an idea and putting their own spin on it.

But when you get to this stage of the show, if you're making inedible bread and burnt every task then in no way should you survive no matter who you are. Dan didn't get that privilege last week and he was one of the better ones.
This.

He made inedible food, that should be the worst thing you can do on a bloody cooking show :lol:

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I really like Briony, she seems like a top las... But probably fair she went.

Ruby to win. She's the best baker.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I really like Briony, she seems like a top las... But probably fair she went.

Ruby to win. She's the best baker.
Yeah I think she deserved to go this week. Shame, I really liked her too but she was definitely the weakest of those left.

I used to like Rahul but I'm on the bandwagon that he's a bit of a miserable phony now who plays to the camera and pretends to doubt himself but knows well he's brilliant.

I like Kim-Joy and she's probably the best baker when left to her own devices but Ruby is probably better overall as she tends to nail the technical's (I mean, she is an architect). I also want to leave my missus and marry Ruby. So yeah, Ruby to win.

Oggmonster

Rahul once again made something inedible, but Hollywood seems to love him. Briony was the right call, but I really hope he fecks the final.
I think it is out of their hands sometimes.

I imagine the producers want a male in the final and it was close between Rahul and Briony. I think he should of gone last week more so. I even think he might win it though as they've not had a male winner in years now....should of been Liam last year!

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Rahul won't win. He doesn't do well under pressure, probably linked to his confidence issues... I do like him though, so would be happy for him to win it.

I do think it'll be Ruby though... She's got TV personality written all over her too.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Rahul looks like nothing he ever did was good enough for his parents and that has manifested itself into a complete lack of self confidence.

I think some of you are off saying he's playing up the camera and it's an act.

Oggmonster

Bollocks decision.
It's a weird one cos none of then them were that good in the final to be honest. All the designs of the final task looked awful really dunno who should of won. I'd prob of said Kim Joy but her final one was dead basic

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Kim Joys showstopper looked massively simple compared to the other two, and didn't look or taste as good either

Would have been bizarre if she had won

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Stoked for him. He’s chuffin adorable the big bag of anxiety.