Television Great British Bake Off 2022 | now 2023

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'm freaked out Noel and the jarring Scouse have opposite tops on.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
This was so weird, and neither of them made a comment?! (Or did they and I missed it?)
They did eventually say something. Then she showed her shoes which had ears and tails. Her shoes. Ears. And tails.

Superunknown

I'm just watching it now on +1. Been itching to get home all day to watch this. Bought a salted caramel cheesecake and a tiramisu in preparation. (won't be eating both tonight...maybe)

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
At least the Vegan one hasn't banged on about it. The scouse chick is really annoying.

I like Crystelle and the Italian fella so far.

Forgot just how painfully unfunny Lucas is on this though. Luckily Fielding is on form.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Tom with the most British reaction to being booted from the show.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I didn't think he was the worst, but he definitely didn't get the brief for the showstopper :lol:

I like Jurgen, he's good. The Italian dude does well, but his stuff is a little plain and dull to look at. That bouquet of flowers was like what you used to get on bake off, it was very impressive.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I had a great laugh with Paul's joke about Pru taking her teeth out and washing them later.

The quality already seems higher than last year at least. The Italian guy, Jürgen, Vegan girl, and Crystelle are all good.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
"It means something for me." Jurgen is such a sweetheart.

Can't believe it's taken me this long to figure out where I've seen him before:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Prue absolutely hates the old dear contestant

lsd

The Oracle
"It means something for me." Jurgen is such a sweetheart.

Can't believe it's taken me this long to figure out where I've seen him before:

He was amazing last week with all chocolate tasks. I did think it was because he is from the Land of Chocolate

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
GBBO gets an outstanding review in today’s Irish times. My favourite bit…

The Great British Bake Off (Tuesday, Channel 4) is how Britain likes to see itself. Each year the show presents us with a bunch of polite, eccentric, multicultural craftsfolk in a big tent replete with food, fuel and Union Jack bunting and implies that this is the real Britain. Then we turn on GB News and see the actual citizens of that blighted isle, light-headed with supply shortages and Facebookmemes, sucking Soylent Green from a pipe in the fulfilment centre where everyone works now in the absence of employment law, trade deals or hope.

The real Britain gets Boris Johnson, a prematurely aged toddler pumped full of regret, lies and leaking attic insulation. Bake Off gets the veteran judge Paul Hollywood, his eyes as blue as sadness and his beard as white as an angel’s wing. Johnson’s faithless handshake is like being grazed by some strands of wet hair. Hollywood’s affirming handshake is like being gripped by the full force of your father’s love.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
GBBO gets an outstanding review in today’s Irish times. My favourite bit…
:lol: brilliant. They could also have pointed out that almost every year without fail the minorities are the first to be kicked out.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
That was one of the strongest semi finals in the show. Such a shame Jurgen has gone - don't think he deserved it given his performance from the start.

lsd

The Oracle
It's been a very strong year and the suspense in the final tasks have been especially tense.

Seemed to come down last night to who didn't get a handshake

Heardy

Am I in the minority that can’t stand Matt Lucas on this? I just don’t find his humour/skits funny. When he interacts with the contestants it’s just awkward as they wait for him to finish give an awkward laugh as he walks off.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Am I in the minority that can’t stand Matt Lucas on this? I just don’t find his humour/skits funny. When he interacts with the contestants it’s just awkward as they wait for him to finish give an awkward laugh as he walks off.
he's never been funny, just a fat bellened.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Jurgen :(

Crazy strong final four this year, I think Jurgen probably deserved to go as his first and last were the "weakest", if you could call it that.

Reckon Chigs might go on and win it now.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Am I in the minority that can’t stand Matt Lucas on this?
If you are, I'm in it with you. Can't stand the tw*t. Couldn't stand him even back in the days of being on Vic and Bob as George Dawes. Couldn't stand him in Little Britain and I still can't stand him in the GBBO. I really liked Noel with Sandy Toksvig.

lsd

The Oracle

I thought he was ok lasy year but he has been woeful this time around.

Noel seems to be by far the better host bar that awkward interaction with Jurgen last night but by and large he tends to gel with the contestants a lot better and Jurgen was sulking anyway