Television Great British Bake Off 2022 | now 2023

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Is the quality going down or are the challenges just getting too hard? That red explosion thing for the technical in the final was ridiculous.

lsd

The Oracle
when was that? From my memory she was either the best or middle of the road for the last 4ish episodes.

I think it was the desserts episode she finished last in the technical and was very poor in the other two as well

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The final frustrated me because yet again they rushed the contestants so they didn't actually get a chance to finish anything off properly and every single one looked pretty shite. Being in the final is pressure enough, you don't need unrealistic time constraints.

Anyway, she was a worthy winner over the two lads. But I agree that the quality seemed to be pretty poor this time round and the show is clearly running out of ideas for themes each week. I don't understand why they can't redo past themes in previous seasons, they can still make the tasks different. Been a bit of a weird season to be honest.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Is the quality going down or are the challenges just getting too hard? That red explosion thing for the technical in the final was ridiculous.
I think you’d expect a winner who is going to be getting book deals etc on baking to be capable of doing it though. I think they need to stop doing technical challenges with minimal instructions though. It’s not fair on those that have never made certain things before like Sandro with vegetarian jelly. It’s just luck that you’ve mafe

I think it was the desserts episode she finished last in the technical and was very poor in the other two as well
Quite early on that thought wasn’t it? In the last 4 or 5 episodes she rarely dipped in quality.

lsd

The Oracle
I think you’d expect a winner who is going to be getting book deals etc on baking to be capable of doing it though. I think they need to stop doing technical challenges with minimal instructions though. It’s not fair on those that have never made certain things before like Sandro with vegetarian jelly. It’s just luck that you’ve mafe

Quite early on that thought wasn’t it? In the last 4 or 5 episodes she rarely dipped in quality.

She was still clearly the worst. When it came to the the debate Paul literally said the only reason she could stay was she was good the earlier weeks.

It just takes away the point when you do that especially as the judges don't always do that.

Wasn't there a final a few years ago where a girl had won pretty much every episode was far and away the best baker but then choked the final week and lost

lsd

The Oracle
They are being set up to fail too much now as well with the timings of tasks and lack of instructions.

Prue and Paul wouldn't be able to do much better in some of the tasks they dish out and it didn't help the quality of the show when most of them end up with underbaked dishes

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Is there really a TV show about competitive cake baking?

Oh how those winter evenings must simply fly by.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Yes.

Can't be dealing with the "babes" all the time, awful. And the contestants once again are aren't a patch on previous years, though there is some promise at least in the flavour combo area.
Any fitties though

lsd

The Oracle
Decent start i thought and pleased to see one of the contestants needs sign language as i have just started a BSL course and need all the pointers i can get.

Allison did well on her first episode replacing Matt Lucas and of course Prue came through with the innuendo.

Good sign that there didn't seem to be any one contestant so much better than anyone else and maybe four leading contenders thus far.

Slightly annoying sign that watching it i was hoping that the first person out wouldn't be a black person as it always seems that way and well that hope went unanswered.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Hasn't think been going for over a decade now? Surely they have run out of cakes to bake by now? And why do you want to watch people bake stuff anyway?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Sensible for those two to go, they kept making mistakes each week.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Worst. Final. Ever. Incredible bottle job by Dan.
Yep, really underwhelming showstoppers. Look like kids had made them.

To be fair Dan was fecked from the start because Josh had the emotional angle of doing it for his dead Nan, Matty had the self belief journey angle that’s so popular in reality tv and Dan had nothing, other than being good at baking - and in the final he wasn’t very!

Last edited: