Great debuts

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Maguire's debut today was superb. Instantly looked calm and composed and lifted the whole team. The best United debut I can remember since Rooney's.

What other examples are there of great debuts?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Ronaldo coming off the bench v Bolton was memorable. Rooney's v Fenerbahce was ok I guess.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Ndombele. New club, new league, new country: scored in his first competitive game, a good strike from distance … breaking Villa's resistance and forcing a crack in the dam that quickly widened into a gaping hole.

El-Manos

Martial vs Liverpool obviously. Celebrated that goal like a lunatic. Pogba 1st match was really impressive as well.

Cloud7

Didn’t Martial score against Liverpool on his debut? Few better ways to debut as a United player than that.

kode

Didnr welbeck score a sceamer tooo on his debut??? I lived Martial’s goal againt liverpool

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Ndombele. New club, new league, new country: scored in his first competitive game, a good strike from distance … breaking Villa's resistance and forcing a crack in the dam that quickly widened into a gaping hole.
I watched the game and I'd call that a good debut, but not great. For me, Maguire's debut was great, comes in there and leads the team, calms them all down and they instantly look to him. An aura about him. Rooney's Fenerbache debut is the best debut I've ever seen, and I'd be surprised if there's a better debut in the history of football (after that I thought he would go on to be better than Ronaldo).

Jam

My favourite debut ever was probably Woodgates at Madrid. He signed for them August 2004... then spent the entire season injured and didn’t play his debut until September 2005 where he scored an own goal then got sent off.

United wise in my memory Rooney/Martial/Ronaldo are the main ones that stick out. Nistelrooy too got two goals in his competitive debut iirc.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
More recently, Martial's debut against Liverpool was fantastic.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Mentioned debuts

Martial

Rashford

Rooney

Ronaldo

Maguire

Ruud

These clips vary greatly in quality.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Martial against Liverpool. He instantly became a crowd favorite ever since then.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Buffon vs Ac Milan
Romario vs Real Sociedad
Alvaro Recoba vs Brescia

Greck

Welbeck
Jones
Macheda
Buttner
Januzaj
Ibra
Rashford
Martial
Hernandez
I stopped typing because the full list would be too long. A lot of our new additions have great debuts

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Surprised it took this long to mention him
I just watched it again. The voice crack is brilliant. I knew it was a vastly important goal for the title race but I had forgotten it was the year we pipped Liverpool to the title. Even better.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I still remember Macheda debut, he changed the game for us.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Buffon vs Ac Milan
Romario vs Real Sociedad
Alvaro Recoba vs Brescia
Buffon at 17 years old against AC Milan (great shout btw) terrible quality clip. The two outstanding saves in the 2nd clip

Romario's outstanding debut

Recoba

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I watched the game and I'd call that a good debut, but not great. For me, Maguire's debut was great, comes in there and leads the team, calms them all down and they instantly look to him....
Unlike Ndombele, Maguire was not new to the Prem, nor to living in England. This should be taken into account.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Unlike Ndombele, Maguire was not new to the Prem, nor to living in England. This should be taken into account.
I agree mate that it was a good debut but I don't think you appreciate what it's been like being a United supporter watching a pretty hapless backline for at least 5 years. And then one day a slabhead hero comes in and changes everything. He simply lifted the team (in that sense, a better debut IMV than most of the United players mentioned in the thread who scored debut goals).

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Mane scored a great goal against Arsenal on his debut for us.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Owen and Fowler both had great debuts.

Oaencha

I will always remember Fabrizio Ravanelli’s debut hat-trick against Liverpool in 96/97.

Denis79

Rooney for me. Instantly knew he would be something special for us.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Ronaldinho with this great goal
Ronaldo with 2 goals

Robertd0803

Rooneys was something else altogether. All the hype and he steps up and scores a hat trick with out breaking a sweat.

All 3 debuts were great yesterday.

pacifictheme

Fairly sure aguero got 2 on debut away somewhere for city.