Great debuts

lysglimt

Scout
Scholes had a good debut - scoring twice.

Taibi - ironically had a very good debut...made one error but kept Liverpool out with a couple of super saves

SiRed

Ndombele. New club, new league, new country: scored in his first competitive game, a good strike from distance … breaking Villa's resistance and forcing a crack in the dam that quickly widened into a gaping hole.
I spent the majority of the Spurs game thinking we had dodged a bullet in not signing Tanguy.
Sloppy in possession and head down most of the time when on the ball. Quality strike but will just be another Sissoko in my opinion.
Certainly not what we needed in the middle despite most of the 'Caf wanting us to sign him up.

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

Saha v Southampton. Got a goal (albeit a deflected free kick) and an assist (shot that rebounded to Scholes) if I remember correctly. And was very sharp in general that day.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Macheda is memorable because I believe it was instrumental in us winning the league that season. Proper goosebumps with that goal.

But nothing tops Rooney's, really.

Siorac

I still remember Macheda debut, he changed the game for us.
We were comically terrible for most of that game, could barely string two passes together. Only when Ronaldo equalised out of the blue did we start getting into the groove, with Welbeck and Macheda causing them huge problems. Surreal to say that now.

I celebrated that goal like an absolute madman, it was insane.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Robben being subbed in at halftime against Wolfsburg was a foreshadowing of his time with us. He was incredible right from the start. Changed the fortunes of our club for years.

Ricardo de la Vega

Pato on debut for Milan.

Maguire was solid yesterday. But I didn't think it was the best debut on show. I though Wan-Bissaka was absolutely outstanding.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Recoba v Brescia is the first one that came to mind for me. Del Piero's first start for Juventus (he'd made 2 substitute appearances already) was pretty special:

Ruud hit the ground running for us, scoring in his debut vs Liverpool in the Charity Shield, then twice against Fulham in his league debut.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Dwight Yorke scored twice on his debut.
Nope, he didn’t. His debut was 0-0 away to West Ham. You must be thinking his home debut when he scored twice against Charlton in a 4-1 win

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
Aguero in 2011 at home to Swansea. Scored two after coming off the bench, hasn't stopped scoring since.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Nothing will top Rooney's in the modern era. A Hat-Trick (and a bloody great one at that) in your debut, a few days after you've just signed for a huge club for a boat load of money and you're still basically a kid... a debut that also just so happens to be in the Champions League? Amazing stuff really.

A debut so good, you basically ignore the fact that at one point he gave away a corner by randomly smashing the ball behind our own net for a corner from about 50 yards out.

Cregagh 68

19/8/01 Van Nistelrooy’s Premiership debut at Old Trafford, season opener. Trailing 1-2 to Fulham (Louis Saha x2). Rudd scored 2 goals in the space of a few minutes past Van Der Saar. We all knew we had the real deal, the best finisher in my lifetime watching United.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Büttner
Robben at Bayern
Also, didn't Depay debut against that shite Belgian team, scoring twice and prompting a thread along the lines of "a worthy new nr 7" or some such?

Oh and that one Dutch poster on here who dissappeared after Depay turned out a fraud.