Great United goals that are often forgotten

Bobski

Andy Cole in the first clip in this Vid;

Freezing night, hard pitch with a slippy top, top of the table clash, typical Giggs driving run and great pass and an unerring finish, and what a crowd.

About 8 other Cole goals, when he destroyed Radebe at Elland road, away to Blackburn, cut in and chip against Coventry, 30 yard chip against Everton, various overhead kicks.

BestRed

Not forgotten this one but what a goal at a vital moment from Hughsie.

Raven

Nani against city in the same game Rooney did the bicycle kick, lovely goal.

Crashoutcassius

Cole's goal vs. Spurs last game of the season in 99 is special to me. The way he controlled it and lifted it over walker was fantastic! Also, the significance of the goal. It felt like the game was going away from us, then Beckham equalised, but without that goal we wouldn't have won the league and who knows what would have happened to the treble.
Just such a natural footballer. His touch and finish always looked so easy, nearly effortless

valeron21

Really ? I thought it was a great bit of commentary, ‘and the pendulum swings’ I thought it sounded great, and Andy gray for all is sexist faults is still the best co commentator there has been on sky sports, he has the voice and the meter, it feels like a big moment when he analyses it

Martin Tyler sounding like somebody's died. :lol:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Nani in the 2011 charity sheild to make it 3-2 vs city. Because it’s City, because we were 2-0 down and came back to beat them and because it’s basically the last kick of the game. Oh and because he makes Kompany look stupid, twice!
Eleven years ago.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Another great Solskjaer finish here from around 1:50

Wittmann45

I'm sure there are more unknown goals, but I seem to have an inability to remember any game of football after it's finished. I don't think I've ever disliked one of our own more, but Di Maria's goal against Leicester. Incredible. Sadly that mad game forced Van Gal to slam the brakes on what looked an exciting side.

That is a great call. Just like Evra vs Bayern in that it is an incredible goal that is forgotten because of what happened right after. I don't think I have been more optimistic about United post-Fergie than I was in the first 15 minutes of this game. Then Leicester scored a minute later...what an awful/bipolar game

The Firestarter

Obe of the great goals of all time. Well, at least of United lore. I remember like it was five minutes ago all the buzz about Macheda the week before that match. Fukking destiny.
I remember reading some RAWK posts right before he came on - "look at their bench, full of nobodies. Now one of them is coming on . Macheda, who the feck is he?" . Good Times.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

the attempt from giggs was outrageous
Ole did have a knack of scoring after genius but slightly unlucky attempts by his partners. This would've been one of the all-time greatest PL goals if the ball went straight in...

Bobski

Ridiculous, and that was an unreal finish by Ole.
Always feel robbed by that goal, if it goes straight in it might be the best half way line goal of all time.

The first goal in this game would have been a stonker as well, at 0;15

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
First goal here. After a gloomy start to the 95/96 season, this was the match where the young lads started to show what they were capable of, just before Cantona returned from his ban:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
This was such a gutsy display by us. Fantastic goal by Fletcher and Alan Smith's best ever game for us. He played like prime Gattuso in that match, if I remember correctly he did win MoTM.

Anduin

Watching this goal pains me to this day. I don’t know why, but I vividly remember watching that game, wave after wave, and we couldn’t break Blackburn down. Finally, Valencia scored and it was such a relief and felt like we won the league, especially as City lost to Arsenal shortly before or after, can’t remember. Well, then we collapsed….
Great goal though. Overall, 2011/12 was such an enjoyable league campaign, only to end with the Aguero moment.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
the one eriksen scores tomorrow against brighton.